Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,673,971 Views | 62644 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Quincey P. Morris
62strat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sooner born, I noticed the crooked stave.. I had one of theirs for the first time this weekend. The surette reserva, farmhouse ale aged in chardonnay barrels.

I also just read lagunitas is opening a second brewery location in Chicago.

little haul for the weekend in Vail.

at 18%+ and $1/oz, I savored the hell out of this Rum barrel aged pumpkin ale. Less than 500 cases made.. limit one per customer. Having flashbacks of DR releases back in Houston, however, this beer was phenomenal.

Stopped by Tommyknocker brewpub on the way home. They have the best beer menu ever.. you can get a 5 oz. taster for $1.50, a 10 oz. beer for $3, or a pint for $4.5.. All about $.30/oz, no matter what size you get.. Man I wish more places did this. So, why not get a little flight.
amber, pumpkin, black ipa, and ipa.

They sold their beer in 5 gal kegs for $45. That's a helluva deal.

[This message has been edited by 62strat (edited 10/7/2012 5:42p).]
Marooned_n_Aggieland
Avery's The Kaiser is awesome. A tad sweet, with plenty of malt and enough booze so you feel it on the second good draw on the bomber. Hats off, great Oktoberfest!
OleDublinBobcat
Drinking an Ole Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout from North Coast Brewing right now. Pretty damn good. Heavy without being undrinkable.
BSD
AG
This is my Graceland, sir.

Framboise:

Consecration:

I'm hoping to stop by in the morning to snag a few more Framoise for a Cure bottles but it will be difficult to do that and catch my flight home. We'll see where my priorities are...

Also had a Pliny, Supplication, and Temptaion. I bought quite a few Framboise bottles to bring home so that translates to one of my largest non-wine/non-tittie bar tabs ever! Sure was worth it, though!

[This message has been edited by Bsd (edited 10/8/2012 12:53a).]
jetch17
AG
army01
AG
quote:
I bought quite a few Framboise bottles to bring home so that translates to one of my largest non-wine/non-tittie bar tabs ever!

But since you were buying Framboise for a cure, you could consider this a save the tittie bar transaction, right?
spadilly
S
Cracked open a Stone 16th Anniversary IPA for the MNF game.

Oh my..this is amazing. 10% DIPA w/ lemon verbena & lemon oil.
DonaldFDraper
AG
Heading to Denver for the rest of the week... Going to Great Divide. Any where else that's a must go for beer? Any specific beers to track down?
62strat
AG
Don't pigeon hole yourself to one brewery. Go to falling rock, that guy will have very hard to find beers all week/weekend.
BSD
AG
Framboise anyone?

Ok, I'll stop posting about my trip. Back at work now.
jetch17
AG
i lol's at this on the RRBC facebook yesterday

quote:

We have run out of bottles of Framboise at the pub

...i wonder why!...
streetfighter2012
AG
Is that 12 bottles with a mirror behind them or 24 bottles? Either way that's a very impressive haul.
Jock 07
AG
Finished off my last hoptimum last night while watching the texans
AggieOO
just stumbled upon a shithole gas station in east austin that has craft beers tucked away in the corner. Not the best selection in Austin, but they have about 6 bottles of Avery Kaiser. I'm going to clean them out on friday. I figure they will still all be there b/c it is East Austin:

- hipsters drink PBR and crap beer
- the rest of the clientele seem to be the type that are purchasing malt liquor.
62strat
AG
interesting semi-recent news

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celis

"On June 20, 2012, it was announced the trademark for Celis was sold at auction back to the Celis family. On June 25, 2012 The Austin Business Journal reported under the headline: Family brings Celis brewery back to Austin "Christine Celis, daughter of Belgian brewer Pierre Celis, plans to use an existing facility to begin producing beer as soon as possible. The family has been developing plans for a new brewery for some time and can begin to move forward since the family name has been reclaimed, Christine Celis said. “Now that we have the right to brew my Dad’s famous recipes under our own name once again, nothing can stop me from making that a reality,” she said." In an update to that article the Austin Business Journal reported that: 'Celis brewery hires The Ampersand Agency to develop all branding aspects for Celis, including planning social media events."

If you didn't know the back story to Celis/hoegaarden, the whole wiki page is a good read.
proudaggie02
AG
I'm heading to Falling Rock after work. As a lover of bourbon stouts, I can't wait. I've heard great things about this beer, so I am hoping it lives up to the hype.
Sooner Born
Having the RR supplication tonight. It's a pretty good beer but not for the price.
AggieOO
gf and i are doing a taste of the Ranger Creek Small Batch 1 & 2.

Small Batch 1 is an Oak-aged OPA. Its spicy, slightly hoppy, with a dry finish. Its decent, but I think I could only drink one. Definitely not a session beer.
AggieOO
Small batch 2 is a Texas Farmhouse Ale. It seems to be slightly over-carbonated, and has a almost a cheese taste. It doesn't finish with that cheese flavor, but its not that great.
army01
AG
Tonight's metrics companion:

DonaldFDraper
AG
Odell Elephant IPA to start my Denver trip. Awesome IPA and Cherry Creek does a reverse happy hour so it was only $3.25. Good burger too.
proudaggie02
AG
^
Cherry Cricket?
jetch17
AG
Tried the Karbach "Fresh Nugs" fresh hop pale ale at lunch today. Twas nice, kinda like a smoother Hopadillo. Glad to try the limited release, anyhow.
txag2008
AG
http://www.saintarnold.com/beers/pumpkinator.html
St Arnolds Pumpkinator--Says it usually released around Oct 15th of the year. Has anyone seen it out yet?

What's the consensus on it? Will it be hard to find?
jetch17
AG
quote:
Pumpkinator will be released on Monday, October 15. Many stores will have it that day, but some not receive it until a couple of days later. A limited number of kegs are also being released, but many pubs will hold onto their kegs to tap them at a later date. Watch our Facebook and Twitter feeds to find info on this. Also watch the Twitter hashtag #Pumpkinator on Monday to get info on which stores have received their delivery.

Pumpkinator is bottled in 22 oz bottles. While we brewed twice as much this year as last, we suspect this will only extend its availability by about 17 minutes.

62strat
AG
the email they sent out says it will be released oct. 15th.
DonaldFDraper
AG
Yes. Cherry Cricket. Whoopsies. Had a couple pops after a long day of work and a flight.

[This message has been edited by shockemags (edited 10/11/2012 1:50a).]
AggieOO
i still have my bottle from last year. Guess I'll wait and do a side-by-side comparison.
streetfighter2012
AG
I had a few of the SS ProAm IPAs tonight. I've only started getting into ipas the past few months. I really liked it, and will definetly get some more in the future.
DonaldFDraper
AG
Great Divide Titan IPA, Rumble, Hoss, Claymore Scotch Ale
62strat
AG
sounds like their mix pack

Gotten that a few times.
NColoradoAG
ShockEm, are you in town for GABF?
Jock 07
AG
A little taste testing of my offering for the LSU game weekend to make sure everything is alright

62strat
AG
the crooked stave artisan brewery in Denver. Specializing in Barrel aged and sours. Not my pics, my aunt's.

BSD
AG
Oooohhhh!!! I must go there!
First Page Last Page
Page 129 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.