Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,567,812 Views | 62483 Replies | Last: 18 min ago by jah003
army01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I managed to get 2 bottles at King's on Berry in FW. How long have yall let them age in the past?
La Fours
AG
I'm drinking the Saison du BUFF collaboration between Stone, Victory, and DFH. This is a damn good beer. It is made with rosemary, thyme, parsley and sage. Holy crap. This stuff is awesome.
BSD
AG
Finally did it...

streetfighter2012
AG
BSD- What was your take on those three?
jh0400
AG
What was the verdict? Personally I like CnL better than the Avery, but I've never had the RRBC.
jetch17
AG
Sup ding dongs, looks like I missed the 120 frenzy last week. Drank my way through some good brews in Alaska and the northwest. I'll put together some highlights later
jh0400
AG
Specs on Holcombe still had some as of yesterday.
La Fours
AG
I just saw some 120 at the HEB by my house in CS. They have upped ther game in the craft beer area. The new beer guy is doing a good job.
BSD
AG
The Avery Salvation was a golden Belgian Ale, while the RR and Collaboration were both dark ales. Stylistically I prefer the darker brews but the Avery was still pretty good. As far which won between RR and Collaboration, I'd call it a draw. Both had good spice, with chocolate and nutty notes. Maybe I need to source more RR and try it again.

Jetch, welcome back. I have a few extra 120s should you not want to track it down.
jetch17
AG
Well I AM lazy
jetch17
AG
Anyone get any DFH Punkin? I'd like to try that as it cools off. Gotta be better than the Saint A pumpkinator ass beer

Curious to try the upcoming Karbach pumpkin beer this fall, too
streetfighter2012
AG
I picked up a four pack of the DFH punkin last weekend. It's the first pumpkin beer I've had though, and didnt think it was to special. I plan to save the others for colder weather and hopefully some homemade pumpkin pie.
La Fours
AG
DFH Theobroma

It is interesting. I'm only a few drinks into the glass. Not sure what I think yet. It came highly rated.

Any one else given this a try?
AggieOO
all this talk about pumpkins made me crack open a Lakefront Pumpkin Lager

---------------------------------------
http://www.yourbodyisyourengine.com
RRCA Certified Running Coach
Marooned_n_Aggieland
Fours, did you NOT try this on tap in town?
Marooned_n_Aggieland
So how many here think that that Dog 120 is worth $10 for a 12 oz? I had it on tap and was ready to quit at about 6 or 7 oz.

Anyone eyeballed UFO Pumpkin yet? It was my favorite pumpkin beer from last year. DF Punkin has landed around here but I'm laying off. Had it last year and was just not that impressed. Too much pumpkin spice over just pumpkin.
La Fours
AG
Marooned - no I didn't. Didn't know it was even on tap here.

I was not impressed. Especially at $15 a 750ml bottle. The friend who recommended it said it was awesome. One of the best he had ever drank. I can't say I agree.
La Fours
AG
Marooned - who had it on tap? My guess is O'Bannons.
AggieOO
New Glarus Saison is wonderful.

wishing I had picked up 2 four packs instead of just one.
Marooned_n_Aggieland
Fours, looks like we agree on that one.

http://untappd.com/user/BottleCapAg/checkin/12528250

TxKng82
AG
I have always enjoyed DFH Punkin Ale, And I will say I think this years batch is one of the best in recent years. To me one of if not the best pumpkin beer out there.
BSD
AG
My wife digs the Punkin so I bought a few packs. I probably won't break one open for a few weeks. What I do need to source is some Southern Tier Pumking. Now that's a good pumpkin beer!
BSD
AG
quote:
So how many here think that that Dog 120 is worth $10 for a 12 oz? I had it on tap and was ready to quit at about 6 or 7 oz

I do not think it's worth that price. But it was a novelty beer so I got a few. I doubt I'll get more next time around.
62strat
AG
Had some great Oskar Blues drafts on Sat.
Had samples of:
Chaka (Belgian Strong Ale, being released in a resealable can), Homeskillet (black IPA), Barrel Aged Chub (Ccotch ale), Red Wine Barrel Aged Gknight (Impreial red), Chardonnay Wine Barrel Aged Mama’s Lil Yella Pils, and then went with a full serving of Dave’s Pale Ale (American Pale ale) and Deviant Dale’s.
TxKng82
AG
Would love to have tried that old chub and yella pils ages in barrels... Two of my favorites from Oskar blues
TxKng82
AG
DP

[This message has been edited by Txkng82 (edited 9/17/2012 11:14a).]
txag2008
AG
Can't really say I was expecting much, but this beer was pretty 'meh'
txag2008
AG
On the otherhand, these 2 were pretty tasty. Plenty hoppy
jetch17
AG
some of the brews enjoyed at Skagway Brewing Co in Skagway, AK last week. Really enjoyed thier IPA.

62strat
AG
I see they have Alaskan on tap as well.. I see that a lot up here in denver; the place has their own beers, but have 'guest' taps as well.. lets you know they are all on the same team.

I never saw that in Houston Course there were only ~3 tasting rooms total anyway.
jh0400
AG
quote:
I never saw that in Houston

A lot of that probably has to do with the fact that Brock Wagner is an *******.
jetch17
AG
yeah Skag had Alaskan and another IPA from Tacoma on tap. The bartender splits his time between Skagway & Colorado, they are very supportive of all the local alaskan & northwest breweries popping up and the good stuff coming out of them.

I drank a metric sh*t-ton of Alaskan Amber & Summer on the boat

[This message has been edited by jetch17 (edited 9/17/2012 2:31p).]
La Fours
AG
BSD, I might be able to get some Southern Tier Pumking if it is still around when I head up to Virginia in October. I'll be in Norfolk, Virginia Oct. 21-25.
txag2008
AG
Pumking ever make it to Texas? I've wanted to try some since hearing about it a few yrs ago.
Marooned_n_Aggieland
Quote the Fours:

quote:
It is made with rosemary, thyme, parsley and sage.

After that Rahr Rosemary Red I'm extremely skeptical of beers coming with a spices such as that. I was lucky and a buddy said "hey, you better try this before buying your pint". Lucy break because the brew was overpowered by the spice addition.
First Page Last Page
Page 121 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.