Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,673,131 Views | 62639 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Quincey P. Morris
Dinkin Flicka
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Real talk I was up near boulder for work about a month and hit up left hands tasting room. That milk stout is nice.
Dinkin Flicka

[This message has been edited by Dinkin flicka (edited 9/13/2012 8:39p).]
AggieOO
i love left hand milk stout.

i'm having a honey nut brown ale homebrew at the moment.
jh0400
AG
I had a Wild Alpha Dog at Hay Merchant earlier. It was different.
Dinkin Flicka
Did a 3 brewery swing...left hand, Asher (ok, near left hand), and Avery. Avery also excellent.
Unemployed
AG
I bought the regular milk stout and the Nitro milk stout. The Nitro is better. Much fuller taste.
Pahdz
Dinkin Flicka...great username
Dinkin Flicka
quote:
Dinkin Flicka...great username

Thanks "bippity boppity give me the soppity" was too long
streetfighter2012
AG
I had a Santa fe imperial java stout tonight. I could barely finish it. Usually i love stouts, and porters. This one just wasn't for me. I think I'll hold onto the others to drown my sorrows in after anymore losses we might have this year.
proudaggie02
AG
quote:
Did a 3 brewery swing...left hand, Asher (ok, near left hand), and Avery. Avery also excellent.

Never heard of Asher. Oskar Blues is 1-2 miles from Left Hand.... Love them both.
AggieOO
spotted cow.
army01
AG
Eff. Central Market in FW sold out of 120 min before I could get there!
army01
AG
About 11.5 months ago, I was looking for one of these. Finally got to try it tonight. Not worth the wait...though they definitely hit the pumpkin spice flavor.

duck79
AG
A couple of places in Dalkas got DF Punkin kegs last week and are sitting on them until October. I'll post on here once they are about to tap them in if anybody is interested.

Also all the DF 120 went out this week so it is probably gone by now in the stores. The stores that did get it only got a case on average with a couple exceptions. There are a few kegs that made it here.
dave99ag
AG
I picked up a 4-pack of Punkin earlier this week. I didn't think it was over bearing with pumpkin flavor. Tasted more nutmeg than anything. It was tasty enough for me.
Dinkin Flicka
quote:
quote:

Never heard of Asher. Oskar Blues is 1-2 miles from Left Hand.... Love them both.

Asher was a tiny place in an industrial park between LH and Avery. Not sure they even bottle their stuff.
AggieOO
untappd users - does anyone else's "wishlist" not work on their mobile app? mine doesn't do anything when i try to tap the area to add a beer. user error?
AggieOO
oh, and drinking fat tire at work right now.
La Fours
AG
Picked up some goodies today. Two DFH 120's, a DFH Theobroma, a DFH/Victory/Stone saison de buff, stone vanilla porter and a chipotle porter.
La Fours
AG
CS Specs was only allowing one DFH120 per person but I talked the manager into another. It paid off being an alcoholic. He said he only did it because he has seen me so often.
NColoradoAG
You guys really like the 120, eh? I've never been much of a fan. Love 90 and 75 minute.
La Fours
AG
I've never had it and wanted to try it. So I grabbed two bottles. One will be saved for when my buddy's wife has their twins.
dave99ag
AG
My girlfriend and I went a little DFH 120 crazy this evening and hit up a few stores in the Woodlands area. There was plenty at the Rayford Sawdust Spec's.

Green Fairy
AG
quote:
You guys really like the 120, eh? I've never been much of a fan. Love 90 and 75 minute.

Tx rarely, if ever, gets it. That's the main reason for the infatuation with it.
Marooned_n_Aggieland
army, go for the UFO Pumpkin when it hits the shelves. Tasty pumpkin brew without overbearing pumpkin spice.
Marooned_n_Aggieland
Had the 120 on tap locally (B/CS) last year. I was not an IPA lover then but this was a decent drink. It is very potent and I found myself satisfied after after about 8 ounces. The rest was overkill. Same situation with the Brew Dog Tokyo last year. Great taste but just too much concentrated taste to enjoy a full snifter.
duck79
AG
Green Fairy,

Dogfish was on a pace where they were sending us 120 once a year in Texas, twice if we were lucky. About a year and a half ago they told us that they were going to quit sending in to Texas because of production demands and the amount it takes to fill Texas. If you noticed there was a period there where even 60 minute was hard to come by. In the last 6 months production has improved dramatically and hopefully that will result in a larger amount of their releases in Texas.
Green Fairy
AG
quote:
Green Fairy,

Dogfish was on a pace where they were sending us 120 once a year in Texas, twice if we were lucky. About a year and a half ago they told us that they were going to quit sending in to Texas because of production demands and the amount it takes to fill Texas. If you noticed there was a period there where even 60 minute was hard to come by. In the last 6 months production has improved dramatically and hopefully that will result in a larger amount of their releases in Texas.

Interesting...that's good to know. I thought it might have been due to some wanker TABC rule or something.
jh0400
AG
I picked up a 120 and a Popering's Hommel earlier.

[This message has been edited by jh0400 (edited 9/15/2012 3:54p).]
jah003
S
Snagged a 6 pack of Tumbler for the game today... I think the weather finally warrants it.
62strat
AG
120 min ipa was always at specs about 3-4 years ago. I swear the same 5-6 bottles were on the shelf at the specs by me for 6 months. Then the beer show with Sam was on tv, and they dropped production, and all of a sudden everybody wants it now. Funny how keeping a low production can make demand skyrocket. look at divine reserve.
jh0400
AG
This stuff is pretty good. BA gave it a 100. It also comes in a 750ml instead of a bomber as well.

DonaldFDraper
AG
Deviant Dale
streetfighter2012
AG
Alaskan Amber got me through the first half now I'm on to some rogue dead guys.
Green Fairy
AG
The 120min I had on draft for $13 per 1/2 growler 3 weeks ago spoiled me. I won't pay. $10/bottle now. It's good, but not $10 bottle good.
First Page Last Page
Page 120 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.