Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,642,770 Views | 62612 Replies | Last: 40 min ago by dave99ag
Represent830
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
maca1028 said:

Neckbeards REALLY don't like the way the election went, just my observation of the day.
You have a fridge full of Weldwerks and you're talkin' politics? C'mon man...
AggieOO
Had their pecan pie porter last night. that's quite tasty too!
Chipotlemonger
AG
Is it too early to ask everyone what their Thanksgiving beer plans are, if any?

I think I normally do wine.
Jason_Ag98
AG
Something strong to get me through the LSU game!
BSD
AG
Wine.
big-ag
AG
Four course dinner at a local pub with beer pairings.

Then the following Avery beers:
  • Mephistopheles
  • Old Perseverance
  • Pumpkyn
  • Rumpkin
  • Callipygian
  • Uncle Jacobs
  • Tweak

Black Friday, meet Blackout Thursday.
MW13
AG
Has anybody up in DFW had Fascinating Bellman yet? They are advertising it non-stop on the ticket and it sounds damn good.

That or the Macallan aged Legion?
dixie whiskey
AG
62strat said:

Anybody remember this beer?

Is it still around in TX?

I came across a boner beer tshirt in my closet. "Hold my boner and watch this" hah. They did some beer tasting at Rockwell back in the day, that's when I discovered it.

it's brewed by the owner (I think) of wolfies. it's been a year or two now but I was up there one day talking to him and he sort of made it sound like they put it out when they can and had all these big plans that apparently didnt come to fruition. but if you're looking for it, I'd probably call up there. it was the barker cypress location I met him at fwiw
DallasAggie2012
AG
I haven't had the Fascinating Bellman yet, but I'll probably snag a bottle. Nothing deep ellum does really sticks with me though.

The Macallan BA Legion actually turned out really nice. I don't think scotch normally plays well with beers, but it worked out alright in this case. It's not as good as some of the previous batches of bourbon barrel Legion, but it has a nice smooth finish too it with a slightly smoky oak hint. It's honestly much better than I thought it would be.
Bmac04
AG
DallasAggie2012 said:

The Macallan BA Legion actually turned out really nice. I don't think scotch normally plays well with beers, but it worked out alright in this case. It's not as good as some of the previous batches of bourbon barrel Legion, but it has a nice smooth finish too it with a slightly smoky oak hint. It's honestly much better than I thought it would be.
Opened one last night and I agree with everything you said.
62strat
AG
dixie whiskey said:

62strat said:

Anybody remember this beer?

Is it still around in TX?

I came across a boner beer tshirt in my closet. "Hold my boner and watch this" hah. They did some beer tasting at Rockwell back in the day, that's when I discovered it.

it's brewed by the owner (I think) of wolfies. it's been a year or two now but I was up there one day talking to him and he sort of made it sound like they put it out when they can and had all these big plans that apparently didnt come to fruition. but if you're looking for it, I'd probably call up there. it was the barker cypress location I met him at fwiw
No I wasn't looking for it.. Just curious if it was still around. It was started by some dude in Baltimore decades ago, just as tshirts, and the beer became a reality back around when it was at rockwell's. Maybe that's the wolfies guy, I don't know. Bob Lesch, Betsy Smith and Wayne Wang are the names on the website.
jah003
S
Bmac... What time you getting out to JK tomorrow?
MW13
AG
DallasAggie2012 said:

I haven't had the Fascinating Bellman yet, but I'll probably snag a bottle. Nothing deep ellum does really sticks with me though.

Sweet. I'll be having one of the Legions next weekend and have a guy trying to get FB for me today. Both sound pretty good.
Bmac04
AG
I should be there by 2 hopefully
jah003
S
Bmac04 said:

Ok, probably couldn't get out there until 4:45 at the earliest. My guess is you'd already be through the line by then. Was debating being "that guy" and letting you buy my 375...
NColoradoAG
jah003 said:

Bmac04 said:

Ok, probably couldn't get out there until 4:45 at the earliest. My guess is you'd already be through the line by then. Was debating being "that guy" and letting you buy my 375...
HELLO
BSD
AG
NColoradoAG said:

jah003 said:

Bmac04 said:

HELLO
YEAH...HELLO!!!!!!!
BSD
AG
was there ever an announcement on what BCBS variants will be available on Black Friday? I'll be in Mexico so will be looking to trade for some. Or purchase. whatevs.
jah003
S
NColoradoAG said:

jah003 said:

Bmac04 said:

HELLO

Woah... Woah... Woah... Woah... I'm going back out on Saturday... Even if I give Bmac my 375, I should have at least 2 375's and 2 750's left.
BSD
AG
j said:

Woah... Woah... Woah... Woah... I'm going back out on Saturday... Even if I give Bmac my 375, I should have at least 2 375's and 2 750's left.
Bmac04
AG
jah003 said:

Bmac04 said:

Will happily buy it from you and give you something for your troubles as well.

Bmac04
AG
Red Atrial being released on Sunday. 500 bottles
Bmac04
AG
BSD said:

was there ever an announcement on what BCBS variants will be available on Black Friday? I'll be in Mexico so will be looking to trade for some. Or purchase. whatevs.
The only ones it could be are regular, coffee and barleywine. They arent releasing the maple anymore and prop is Chicago only.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Gah what a weekend for Jester King. Wish I could make it down there for any of these goodies. I expect some good line pictures from those of y'all going, with grandmas included of course.
Represent830
AG
What a ****show this weekend will be. Wonder why they are doing that on the same weekend as SPON.

Also, I should have an extra SPON.
AggieOO
You guys have fun at JK this weekend standing in line with smelly neck beards.

I'm taking a bunch of stouts and BBA beers out west, and I'll be sitting in a chair, wearing a coat, sipping dark beers and staring up at this:

Jock 07
AG
So no more regal rye?
Bmac04
AG
Nope. The maple rye version needed more time in the barrel and they might just drain pour the entire batch
NColoradoAG
jah003 said:

NColoradoAG said:

jah003 said:

Bmac04 said:

HELLO

Ok. I'll calm down.

Now let's talk about Red Atrial...
La Fours
AG
Hey, I called dibs first JAH!!
Hudson2508
AG
I'm probably missing the release so if you're interested in trading I'll hook up up. Had a last minute meeting in Dallas pop up tomorrow. BS.
Bmac04
AG
Hudson2508 said:

I'm probably missing the release so if you're interested in trading I'll hook up up. Had a last minute meeting in Dallas pop up tomorrow. BS.

Of course the one time I make it to Austin you are in Dallas
Hudson2508
AG
Yeah, kind of insane. I'm driving back around 2 or 3 so might make it out there around 8 if bottles last that long. Also a chance I make it out there Saturday but not sure yet.
Represent830
AG
AggieOO said:

I'm taking a bunch of stouts and BBA beers out west, and I'll be sitting in a chair, wearing a coat, sipping dark beers and staring up at this:

AggieOO
Represent830 said:

AggieOO said:

b/c i'm leaving before JK even opens...and there's that whole thing about not liking JK's beers.
First Page Last Page
Page 1069 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.