Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,674,173 Views | 62644 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Quincey P. Morris
Represent830
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll be there. Trying to convince the wifey to come too.
Hudson2508
AG
I should be out there Friday. Might be kind of late but hoping it's like a normal Friday and showing up after 5 means no line. That might be optimistic.
jah003
S
Hudson2508 said:

I should be out there Friday. Might be kind of late but hoping it's like a normal Friday and showing up after 5 means no line. That might be optimistic.
Going with the zfg approach for this release. Gonna roll up around 6:30 - 7 Friday night. If they are out of bottles than so be it, but I'm not waiting in a line that wraps around the parking lot. Worst case I get some on draft...
Kyle98
AG
I think I infected my saison when I added a couple of oak spirals to the keg. It has a slight tartness to it now, along with a subtle oak flavor. I'm not at all mad, though, because it actually tastes phenomenal. I'm hitting it with CO2 now, and letting it carb up while it cools to serving tempetature. If it's that good hot and flat, can't wait to see how it tastes cold and carbonated!
maca1028
I'll trade a hammer smashed face for a spon if anyone is interested.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Mondays, amirite.

Bmac04
AG
I should be out there Friday before they open. I'm sure my group will pop some nice bottles so if anyone is out there let me know and you are more than welcome to join.

Also looking for a couple bottles if anyone has some for trade.
dave99ag
AG
It's definitely been a Monday, but headed to Philly for the rest of the week. Staying downtown by the convention center and have Monk's Cafe on my list. Not sure where else to go yet. Tired Hands looks to be a good local brewery. First visit, so I'm ready to do some of the history stuff too.
jah003
S
Bmac04 said:

I should be out there Friday before they open. I'm sure my group will pop some nice bottles so if anyone is out there let me know and you are more than welcome to join.

Also looking for a couple bottles if anyone has some for trade.

So, I can roll up at 5 and join you guys in line right...?
Bmac04
AG
I'm fine with that but not sure about the 500 people behind me
Jock 07
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

Mondays, amirite.

I can't see ****
Chipotlemonger
AG
Jock 07 said:

Head Ninja In Charge said:

Mondays, amirite.

I can't see ****

NColoradoAG
Any chance BCS gets some Bourbon County?
La Fours
AG
It's possible. I want to say we got some last year. I just texted the GM for Specs to see.
La Fours
AG
The expectation is that BCS will get some BCBS, but probably not until the week after Thanksgiving.
NColoradoAG
La Fours said:

The expectation is that BCS will get some BCBS, but probably not until the week after Thanksgiving.
Da fuq? Why is the bourbon county always late in Texas?
dave99ag
AG
I'm just going to blame Karbach for BCBS being late.
Jason_Ag98
AG
TABC always takes their time with label approvals.
NColoradoAG
Jason_Ag98 said:

TABC always takes their time with label approvals.
maca1028
They recently approved proprietors
La Fours
AG
Has nothing to do with TABC. It's that Brazos County gets beers like this after everyone else.
62strat
AG
Dogfish head jumps on the can wagon

AggieStout
AG
Does San Antonio or Austin specs get BCBS? Black Friday release? Going to be in one or the other that day and looking to pick up some good stuff at specs if they have a release.
Chipotlemonger
AG
AggieStout said:

Does San Antonio or Austin specs get BCBS? Black Friday release? Going to be in one or the other that day and looking to pick up some good stuff at specs if they have a release.

I won't be around the area this year, but I got BCBS over Thanksgiving weekend at HEB actually. Believe I got some both Friday and Saturday.
jah003
S
AggieStout said:

Yes, it'll be everywhere. I'd just go to HEB personally, but that's mainly because I hate Specs with a passion that burns deep inside me...
dave99ag
AG
Monks Cafe in Philly... highly recommended. Enjoyed Belgians, Russian River on tap this afternoon.
AggieOO
I found it all over the place last year well after black Friday.
turfman80
AG
La Fours said:

Has nothing to do with TABC. It's that Brazos County gets beers like this after everyone else.
Preach it, brother!!!
maca1028
Neckbeards REALLY don't like the way the election went, just my observation of the day.
NColoradoAG
maca1028 said:

Neckbeards REALLY don't like the way the election went, just my observation of the day.

Take it to the politics board
maca1028
I knew that was coming.
maca1028
Jock 07
AG
dave99ag said:

Monks Cafe in Philly... highly recommended. Enjoyed Belgians, Russian River on tap this afternoon.

Apparently they can them now, had one this evening, was on the happy hour special
62strat
AG
Anybody remember this beer?

Is it still around in TX?

I came across a boner beer tshirt in my closet. "Hold my boner and watch this" hah. They did some beer tasting at Rockwell back in the day, that's when I discovered it.

Lt. Joe Bookman
AG

This is one of the best Clown Shoes I've had. Really smokey and kind of spicey. I need to get the coffee version next.
First Page Last Page
Page 1068 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.