Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,643,216 Views | 62614 Replies | Last: 13 min ago by jh0400
jh0400
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
turfman80 said:

If you love fruity hop beers, seek this one out. HEB College Station has it in...bottled on 10/17/16. This is one excellent pale ale.

I went to Spec's at lunch looking for this with no luck.
AggieStout
AG
NColoradoAG said:

Hugo Stiglitzz said:

NColoradoAG said:

Jock 07 said:

Question for Jetch, or anyone else familiar with KC. Trying to head down there this weekend if the exercise ends on time and looking for beer, BBQ, and any other suggestions. Never been.
Joes, BB's Lawnside, and Jack Stack have been my favorite BBQ places. Haven't been out there in about 3 years though.

The Boulevard tour is worthwhile.
Arthur Bryant's for BBQ
I think Arthur Bryant's is way overrated. It has a lot of history and is a KC institution, but there are better places when you look at just the food.
Could not agree more with this. Went there with high expectations but soon found out this place was not worth it.
Jock 07
AG
Well **** me just found out I'm having to work another 12 hr shift tonight so won't be heading down to KC after all. Will be drinking heavily tomorrow l to make up for this past week.
Hugo Stiglitzz
Yeah, it is, but I would still recommend going for the experience.
maca1028
Jock 07 said:

Well **** me just found out I'm having to work another 12 hr shift tonight so won't be heading down to KC after all. Will be drinking heavily tomorrow l to make up for this past week.

12 hour night shifts on the weekend, I know those all too well.
NColoradoAG
Hugo Stiglitzz said:

Yeah, it is, but I would still recommend going for the experience.

Fair enough. Ive just never really recommended it to people unless they are planning multiple stops. I guess its cool with all the pictures and everything.

Joes is the best overall and I think lawnside is a great experience.

I liken going to Arthur Bryants to going to Salt Lick over the half dozen other better spots in the Austin area
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
A big **** you to the beer thread with a great Black IPA from HopFusion, a new brewery in Fort Worth.
HopFusion Steampipe

Seriously though, this is pretty good and Pouring Glory in Fort Worth is a great beer bar. The HopFusion rye pale is pretty damn good too.
Chipotlemonger
AG

The gin barrel on this saison makes me think I'm drinking a wheat wine. If you like either style at all, or Belgian beer, I'd try this.
Kyle98
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

The gin barrel on this saison makes me think I'm drinking a wheat wine. If you like either style at all, or Belgian beer, I'd try this.

Interesting. I was thinking about doing chardonnay barrel aging on my saison...might look into gin.
reesei10
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

A big **** you to the beer thread with a great Black IPA from HopFusion, a new brewery in Fort Worth.
HopFusion Steampipe

Seriously though, this is pretty good and Pouring Glory in Fort Worth is a great beer bar. The HopFusion rye pale is pretty damn good too.

I like Black IPAs. Glad you found a good one!
Chipotlemonger
AG
Loved what the Chardonnay barrel did to an Elevation beer, Signal de Botrange. Really want to have that one again.

I believe the thread had some convo on the gin barrel usage on this Adelbert's saison recently... IIRC it was a mixed bag of reviews.

I think this one is stellar. Granted it's batch 3 and I've aged it a little while now.
AgEng06
AG
I actually have a Signal de Botrange I've been holding for 2 years. I wasn't a huge fan when I had it new, but maybe the aged version will be better.
AgEng06
AG
Great beer. Thanks Lucky#007...

Quincey P. Morris
AG
I'm a big fan of that one. Waiting until it gets a little cooler so I can open another one.
reesei10
A little blood orange ipa comparison!

Two Down
AG
Two Down said:

Headed to Newport Beach for work, wanted to see if anyone had suggestions for bottle shops or places to grab a beer and some grub while I'm there. Going to be staying in Fashion Island. Might try to make it to Bruery / Mr Ks if I feel like heading up north a bit.

(Searched and something similar had been asked but it was several years and not too many serious responses. My bad if I've missed something though).

Hey, guys, any help here? Just wanted to bump this once.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I'm playing in Kemah tonight at Monkey Bar having some Pumpkinator and Sculpin. If any of you Houston folks are in the area come on by.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Awesome.

I think that I might open up my solo 2015 pumpkinator on Monday for Halloween.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I have metric **** ton of 15. That just hung around for months and I kept grabbing one here and there. Looks like they scaled back this year.
MattJaxson
AG
Beer delivery from tonight. Looking forward to a few of these with the game tomorrow night.

Chipotlemonger
AG
Great lineup
Kyle98
AG
I'm about to keg a batch of the saison. I have some white oak spirals I'm going to throw in. No ectra booze for now, just want to see what some oak flavor will add to the beer.
Kyle98
AG
I have one 15 left as well. Thinking about taking it to Starkville next weekend.
Scriffer
AG
The wife and I loved Signal de Bontrange.

I've never had a gin-barrel aged beer that I like. Maybe I need to hold on to them longer before opening.
Bmac04
AG
If you make it up north to the Bruery, Bottle Logic is close and had a lot of good stuff on tap right now.
Mustang1
AG
Central Market Houston has a **** ton of Pumpkinator still available. 20% off beer sale is this wknd too.
SassyAggie10
Hudson2508
AG
Had a Real Ale Axis IPA and a Lagunitas Born Yesterday Pale Ale. Both were really good. One of the better beers I've tried from Real Ale. Born Yesterday was awesome.

Buddy grabbed a bottle of the JK/Creature Comforts Mutualism that I'm going to try today. Also think I'll crack my De Garde Imperial Blu Bu.
maca1028
Margaritas...terrible idea last night.
Gonna get back to these for the game tonight.

Here's to hoping we get a good game time for the Ole Miss game Monday.
Chipotlemonger
AG
That's quite the top shelf you got there!
maca1028
Don't hate on the natty light!
NColoradoAG
If anyone wants to stop in wellborn for some beer and BBQ hit me up
DaveHimself
AG
Wife and I are at Blackwater, just ordered a flight. First game for her and first time I've been back to Aggieland since '08.
AggieOO
We just sat down at duddleys for a cold one.
Jock 07
AG
Just got home after finishing a week of 12 hr mids that started last Sunday night. This really is some good ****

First Page Last Page
Page 1056 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.