Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,642,218 Views | 62609 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by SoTxAg
DallasAggie2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hell yeah! Nice work Dallas.
Scriffer
AG
Payment sent
La Fours
AG
Scriffer said:

Dallas coming through clutch again.
Once again showing its superiority over Houston.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Dallas
Chipotlemonger
AG
Good work Dallas.
maca1028
I hate working nights!
BSD
AG
for those that missed out, there is always the order period tomorrow. Getting the bottles home might be more challenging, though.
maca1028
Yea, that's my problem
BSD
AG
mine, too. That's why I will probably pass.
Jock 07
AG
So how difficult will this be to get when it opens up to the public? Wife has cousins who live in LA. Can I buy the bottles and have them shipped there?
Jock 07
AG
maca1028 said:

I hate working nights!
Ditto, the one week I work nights of the year.
NColoradoAG
Jock 07 said:

So how difficult will this be to get when it opens up to the public? Wife has cousins who live in LA. Can I buy the bottles and have them shipped there?
You can designate someone to pick them up. Then you just need that person to ship them to you.

Alternatively, you could have the bottles shipped to someone in CA, then they could put a new label on the box and they could ship it on to Texas (or Nebraska in your case)
reesei10
Found this suprise at specs!

Kyle98
AG
Well, damn. Picked a bad day to be busy at work. Oh well.

Anyone going to the MSU game in 2 weeks? I know Bell's is in MS now, so I'm sure I'll pick up some Two Hearted. Anything else I should look for there (or on the way from DFW)?
AggieStout
AG
Psssshh i would i got 2 for Austin. Dang early lunch and work getting in my way of good beer.
DallasAggie2012
AG
I'll be out in Starkville for the game. Heading to NOLA Wednesday and then up into Mississippi late on Friday now because of the dang 11 am kick. I'll probably try to stock up on a couple things in NOLA if I can find any good stuff.
62strat
AG
http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/video/2016/10/24/monday-night-football-beer-pick-em-week-seven-houston-texans-denver-broncos
La Fours
AG
For those going to the game, be sure and eat at Little Dooey BBQ. The campus is beautiful and the folks are extremely welcoming.

I didn't seek out or find much in the way of craft beer there. We decided to go on the trip too late to get a room in Starkville, had to stay an hour away in Winona. But still had a great time.
jetch17
AG
BSD said:

jh0400 said:

Houston
order two so we win. Jetch will buy it. he's a hoar.

Would have.
Kyle98
AG
We're leaving from Denton County early Friday morning, rented a house just outside Starkville.

I'm taking some homebrewed Oktoberfest.
Post removed:
by user
Scriffer
AG
Everyone has paid, and shipping is arranged.
BSD
AG
I knew you would have. We'll figure something out if I can get through tomorrow. Same for you, Maca and JH.
maca1028
BSD said:

I knew you would have. We'll figure something out if I can get through tomorrow. Same for you, Maca and JH.
turfman80
AG
NColoradoAG said:

DallasAggie2012 said:

2 for Dallas!
Dallas wins!

I think all of you guys have my email address. If not, let me know and I'll post it for a minute.
Too bad LaFours and I have to work for a living...!!!
MathNewman06
AG
Choke city strikes again.
La Fours
AG
turfman80 said:

NColoradoAG said:

DallasAggie2012 said:

2 for Dallas!
Dallas wins!

I think all of you guys have my email address. If not, let me know and I'll post it for a minute.
Too bad LaFours and I have to work for a living...!!!

That and $35 a bottle were why I didn't put in on this.

Totally because of work. Totally.
jh0400
AG
Kyle98 said:

Well, damn. Picked a bad day to be busy at work. Oh well.

Anyone going to the MSU game in 2 weeks? I know Bell's is in MS now, so I'm sure I'll pick up some Two Hearted. Anything else I should look for there (or on the way from DFW)?

If you're going through Louisiana, I'd pick up some Parish Envie. I was able to try the new recipe this weekend, and it's outstanding. I like it better than Ghost in the Machine.
jh0400
AG
If you get a chance Courtyard Brewing has some good IPAs and stouts on their menu. They also have some solid guest taps. Avenue Pub on St Charles also has a good tap list and a strong cellar if you like Belgians (no Loons unfortunately).
DallasAggie2012
AG
Awesome! You gonna be tailgating at all? Would love to try some of that homebrew if you'll be out around the campus. We're staying with some family in Carthage about an hour or so South of Starkville on Friday night and driving up early Saturday morning.

Thanks for the recs Jh! I'll definitely be hitting up Avenue Pub after Commanders Palace. Place looks pretty awesome. I'll keep my eyes peeled for Courtyard to hopefully give them a try tooz
62strat
AG
So I'm going to get back into homebrewing after a several year hiatus, and before I do so I was gonna get a commercial keg or two on tap in the house just to make sure my system is up and running. I parted out my keezer when I moved, so I'm going to use my basement fridge to house the kegs, shouldn't take much modification.. I think I'll just picnic tap it for now until I feel more ambitious.

Anyway... Was checking out keg prices, damn you can save some serious money on some higher dollar/single bottle stuff. 1/6 barrel keg of NB la folie is $99, that's $0.15/oz, putting a bomber at $3.30. Retail on that is $15-$18 usually. Or go for the Avery Rum[KY]n or Uncle Jacobs at $350, or $.53/oz, so a $6 12 oz bottle, which is $12-$13 retail. Major economies of scale working here.

Standard run of the mill craft is around $60 for 1/6 barrel, or $.09/oz, putting a 6 pack at $6.55. In Denver, your average 6 pack is $9-$10, outside of a sale, so that's pretty big savings. Almost ten 6 packs in a 1/6, so ~$30 in savings over that time period. I buy 6-8 sixers a month on my current 'no beer' budget hah. You'd need $150 or so in items to have kegs (and fridge space), but you'd recoup it in no time. CO2 tank, regulator, hoses, fittings.

Anyway carry on. It may not be news to many of you. I was familiar with regular keg prices, but I was pretty surprised by the savings on high dollar/bomber stuff. That la folie is like 1/5 of the price. Place here in Denver has loads of stuff like that. And belgian like chimay, duchesse, fin du monde, bernardus..
AggieOO
so what you are telling us is that you will be purchasing these kegs and then trading us growler fills at pennies on the dollar?
62strat
AG
AggieOO said:

so what you are telling us is that you will be purchasing these kegs and then trading us growler fills at pennies on the dollar?
I'm sure we can work some thing out

Shipping a growler may negate savings though
But if you find yourself in south Denver, my keg fridge will always be open to guests! Oh and my beer fridge, too.
62strat
AG
Just for grins let's do math. Using la folie example ($99/keg), a growler would be $9.60 at a keg price. That's 2.9 bombers in volume, which would retail for $50+.
So if shipping is on high end $15, you're still coming out pretty far ahead.

Rumkyn or uncle jacobs ($350/keg), a growler would be $34, with shipping say $50. A growler is 5.3 twelve oz bottles at $13 retail or ~$70, so still ahead quite a bit.
First Page Last Page
Page 1053 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.