Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,674,435 Views | 62645 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by FancyKetchup14
maca1028
How long do you want to ignore this user?
La Fours said:

Gonna have a good time this weekend.

28 cases of beer.

I really appreciate you bringing all that to the house this weekend, good dude right there!
jah003
S
Lucky #007 said:

You should have it or be getting it soon. Let me know if it doesn't come through.

Got it. Thanks!
AggieOO
AggieStout said:

gigemJTH12 said:

quick Poll:

how does everyone on this thread feel about Karbach beers in general?

Something about their beers is missing, to me. Like I love all style beers really. So I can go to a brewery and drink them all across the board, and thats what I do.

But something about Karbach beers always leaves me wanting more. Its almost like they lack some crispness or something at the end.

I am not the best at analyzing beer. I just kind of drink it and either like it or dislike it. So I hope that makes sense.

But its just weird to me that I feel that way about all mostly every Karbach beer. All drinkable and pretty good, but none of them just knock me out of the park because I feel like something is missing.
One of my favorite Texas breweries. All of there special release stuff is great. I also like there seasonal a lot. If i lived in Houston I would try and go there everyday.
this. i love karbach, and almost all their stuff. BBH is outstanding. I'm a big fan of Weiss Versa and can drink it all day.

plus, they do a lot of awesome events. we are in austin, but on the cycling team. This will be year 5 riding with them for the MS150, we've raced at HH100, and do a bunch of their other stuff.
AggieStout
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

quick Poll:

Something about their beers is missing, to me. Like I love all style beers really. So I can go to a brewery and drink them all across the board, and thats what I do.

But something about Karbach beers always leaves me wanting more. Its almost like they lack some crispness or something at the end.

I am not the best at analyzing beer. I just kind of drink it and either like it or dislike it. So I hope that makes sense.

But its just weird to me that I feel that way about all mostly every Karbach beer. All drinkable and pretty good, but none of them just knock me out of the park because I feel like something is missing.
Have you tried the seasonal stuff or specialty seasonal stuff yet. Also the BBH series and F.U.N series. All these are really good. I really dont drink any of their main stays but the all the other stuff they do that I mentioned I cant get enough of.
BSD
AG
NColoradoAG said:

Your off weekend looks much more fun than mine. I've gotta pack 3 months worth of chores into one and a half days.

I'm with you. Except I'm studying accounting.
Kyle98
AG
Anyone tried anything from any of the El Paso breweries? I'm there once a month, but haven't gone over to the west side to check them out. Might try this weekend, since I'll actually have a car, and we're not in the field.
jh0400
AG
If I'm picking up beers to take fishing, tailgate, etc. I will usually grab Staycation, Love Street, or Weekend Warrior. The FUN and BBH beers are all good as well.

I used to go by the brewery every once in a while to kill a Saturday afternoon, but I haven't been in a long time. Brash has become my go-to brewery spot. It's hard to beat fresh ***** Wagon or Pussalia, metal, and old school video games.
jh0400
AG
BSD said:

NColoradoAG said:

Your off weekend looks much more fun than mine. I've gotta pack 3 months worth of chores into one and a half days.

Why are you studying?
Scriffer
AG
Kyle98 said:

Anyone tried anything from any of the El Paso breweries? I'm there once a month, but haven't gone over to the west side to check them out. Might try this weekend, since I'll actually have a car, and we're not in the field.
I'm interested in this as well. Going to be traveling there probably monthly for the foreseeable future.
jh0400
AG
Anything in New Orleans worth trying? I'd like to try to make a stop by Parish on my drive, but I'm not sure there will be time. I've also already tried GitM, so I'm kind of looking for something different.
NColoradoAG
BSD said:

NColoradoAG said:

Accounting is stupid.

Sincerely,

An Accountant
Scriffer
AG
NColoradoAG said:

BSD said:

NColoradoAG said:

Accounting is stupid.

Sincerely,

An Accountant
Second
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
NColoradoAG said:

BSD said:

NColoradoAG said:

Accounting is stupid.

Sincerely,

An Accountant

Cosign.

Sincerely,

An engineer
dave99ag
AG
Nerds!

Signed,
IT
BSD
AG
jh0400 said:

Quote:

Why are you studying?
Just getting some long lost basics back in so I can do more things for my banking clients next year once we roll out some new products. If it goes well, I'll use that knowledge to carry over into something more.
Kyle98
AG
Scriffer said:

Kyle98 said:

I'm interested in this as well. Going to be traveling there probably monthly for the foreseeable future.

Hoppy Monk over on Mesa is the best place I've found for craft beer. Decent food, too. I don't get there much, though, because it's on the other side of town from the armory, and I usually don't rent a car, so I'm depending on others to drive me. If I make it to one of the breweries tomorrow, I'll let you know.
jh0400
AG
Midtown Specs has KBS. 2 per person.
lne2011
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

quick Poll:

For me, about 6 months ago their regular beers started to have a different taste. I've been wondering if anyone has noticed this too.

But, their BBH and F.U.N. Series are awesome!
andgate
Block table and tap on Mesa also has a decent craft beer selection and I like the food better than hoppy monk. Its actually across the street from HM. Went to ode brewery a couple months back but they only had the basic lager, ipa, stout type lineup at the time. All that is on the west side though.
Bmac04
AG
AggieStout said:

Bmac04 said:

Fresh Pseudosue

Where you get that TG from and how do I get some?

If you have to ask....

But in all honesty the Pseudo is very easy to trade for, the MD not so much. If you don't have the trade ammo its probably just easier to buy it from one of the secondary sites.
Post removed:
by user
maca1028
I had share this coffee on tap a couple of weeks ago and it was pretty good.
Grabbed some death by coconut at heb today, love seeing that back on the shelf.
Post removed:
by user
Kyle98
AG
andgate said:

Block table and tap on Mesa also has a decent craft beer selection and I like the food better than hoppy monk. Its actually across the street from HM. Went to ode brewery a couple months back but they only had the basic lager, ipa, stout type lineup at the time. All that is on the west side though.

Cool, thanks. I haven't been over there in a while.
jetch17
AG
Picked up a sixer of enjoy by and a fresh ass 4 pack of yellow rose for the weekend
jetch17
AG
jh0400
AG
I grabbed an Enjoy By 10/31 as well today. I was hoping they'd do another round of Unfiltered . The Enjoy By 9/4 was probably the best of the series so far. I also grabbed a FG Temptress on top of KBS. Now all I need is cold weather.
brotheraggie
Miller Lite for me
steve00
AG
BSD
AG
brotheraggie said:

Miller Lite for me

You tried to be cute with that one earlier this week and it didn't work.
Connd
Evil twin, even more Jesus.
Holy **** this beer is good.
jetch17
AG
steve00
AG
jah003
S
Drinking a '14 Abyss tonight cause it's Friday and I earned it... Also grabbed some Buddha's Brew and glassware at JK tonight.
jah003
S
Crossing my fingers that a King Sue comes my way soon... Nice to have those TG hook ups.
First Page Last Page
Page 1045 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.