Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,672,388 Views | 62636 Replies | Last: 16 hrs ago by maca1028
AggieOO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
was trying to put a hold on buying beer until i drink at least some of what i have, but apparently Death by Coconut is at Total Wine. I'm headed there as soon as I get off my 2p call.
BSD
AG
Does anyone know of a good beer bar in NYC? Maybe some place selling Cantillon?
Bmac04
AG
Torst has a great selection but doesn't look to have any loons right now. Fools gold is where Zwanze was held and they have some HF on tap and 3F bottles.
jh0400
AG
If you're there this weekend, check out the list for the Ginger Man's 20th birthday event.

http://www.gingerman-ny.com/
AggieOO
I always loved Standings. Only about 10 taps, but always rotating with some good stuff. I'll hit that place up when I'm up there in November. I donated the A&M flag hanging from the ceiling.

alot of my old regular places are gone, but that happens...been back in texas for 5 years now.
Bmac04
AG
Reached out to my NYC beer guy and he said your best bet is Spuyten Duyvil
Quincey P. Morris
AG
jah003 said:

Lucky #007 said:

Any Houston folks going to JK this weekend and might be willing to bring me back a bottle of Buddha's Brew?

Was just about to post the tweet... JK going back to its roots...

You going to any games this year Lucky?

All of them.
maca1028
I have crappy internet service and can't get the link to pull up, what's the story with this one?
BSD
AG
My trip isn't til next month but I was booking reservations today and started thinking about having a loon. Bmac, I'm not sure if I'll get to Brooklyn for those spots since we'll mostly be in Manhattan. We'll see what happens though.
brotheraggie
Miller Lite
jah003
S
Lucky #007 said:

jah003 said:

Lucky #007 said:

Any Houston folks going to JK this weekend and might be willing to bring me back a bottle of Buddha's Brew?

Was just about to post the tweet... JK going back to its roots...

You going to any games this year Lucky?

All of them.

Let me talk to my wife and see if I can go out there this weekend. How many bottles you want?
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I'll take three if you can get them, but really I'll take what I can get.

Thanks man.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Torst is worth the trip out there.

I went to The Cannibal when I went back in December at the suggestion of this thread and it did not disappoint. I think they had something like 5 variants/ages of BCBS on draft at the time.

Blind Tiger was awesome as well. Really cool neighborhood bar feel to it.
reesei10
This is an interesting beer. I can smell cucumber and I can taste cucumber. Wife thought it tasted like a bitter pickle. It got much better and grew on me after it warmed up a bit. I can see why this won a metal at GABF.

62strat
AG
reesei10 said:

This is an interesting beer. I can smell cucumber and I can taste cucumber. Wife thought it tasted like a bitter pickle. It got much better and grew on me after it warmed up a bit. I can see why this won a metal at GABF.

A metal medal!

Just was looking at gabf medal facts.. Dry Dock picked up their 23 medal this year.. Just 10 years old (but first medal was 2008). That's f-in impressive.

5 medals in 2013 alone, 4 in 2010 and 3 each in 2009 and 2011. Singles and doubles the others years since 2008, so 9 consecutive years and counting.

And only in Colorado muahaha.!
jetch17
AG
Brash releasing last 50 bottles of HSF and 50 more Pinky out Teku glasses tonight at 6pm
reesei10
62strat said:

reesei10 said:

A metal medal!

Just was looking at gabf medal facts.. Dry Dock picked up their 23 medal this year.. Just 10 years old (but first medal was 2008). That's f-in impressive.

5 medals in 2013 alone, 4 in 2010 and 3 each in 2009 and 2011. Singles and doubles the others years since 2008, so 9 consecutive years and counting.

And only in Colorado muahaha.!

Thanks for the catch. I would typically blame this on lack of sleep and a new born, but I have a feeling it would have happened in any case.
DonaldFDraper
AG
Shot in the dark but I'm headed to Montreal next week. Any recommendations on beers and/or bars or restaurants?
Jock 07
AG
Another traveling beer question here. Headed to D.C. area next week Monday through Thursday for work. Won't have a car but figured I could Uber to the metro. Anywhere I need to check out? Will be staying at the Hilton Alexandria mark center.
jah003
S
Lucky #007 said:

Thanks man.

Gonna go by after work tomorrow. It's just me so I'll grab you 2 bottles. Got to keep 1 for myself. We can meet up at NMSU.
maca1028
FQ Temptress, thanks Hudson!
Bmac04
AG
Jock 07 said:

Another traveling beer question here. Headed to D.C. area next week Monday through Thursday for work. Won't have a car but figured I could Uber to the metro. Anywhere I need to check out? Will be staying at the Hilton Alexandria mark center.

Churchkey
Bmac04
AG
Fresh Pseudosue

Quincey P. Morris
AG
jah003 said:

Lucky #007 said:

Thanks man.

Gonna go by after work tomorrow. It's just me so I'll grab you 2 bottles. Got to keep 1 for myself. We can meet up at NMSU.

Sounds good man. I appreciate it!
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Do you have paypal? I can shoot you the money that way if you like.
jah003
S
Lucky #007 said:

Do you have paypal? I can shoot you the money that way if you like.

Yep, PayPal is my username @shsu.edu
gigemJTH12
AG
quick Poll:

how does everyone on this thread feel about Karbach beers in general?

Something about their beers is missing, to me. Like I love all style beers really. So I can go to a brewery and drink them all across the board, and thats what I do.

But something about Karbach beers always leaves me wanting more. Its almost like they lack some crispness or something at the end.

I am not the best at analyzing beer. I just kind of drink it and either like it or dislike it. So I hope that makes sense.

But its just weird to me that I feel that way about all mostly every Karbach beer. All drinkable and pretty good, but none of them just knock me out of the park because I feel like something is missing.
AggieStout
AG
Bmac04 said:

Fresh Pseudosue

Where you get that TG from and how do I get some?
AggieStout
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

quick Poll:

how does everyone on this thread feel about Karbach beers in general?

Something about their beers is missing, to me. Like I love all style beers really. So I can go to a brewery and drink them all across the board, and thats what I do.

But something about Karbach beers always leaves me wanting more. Its almost like they lack some crispness or something at the end.

I am not the best at analyzing beer. I just kind of drink it and either like it or dislike it. So I hope that makes sense.

But its just weird to me that I feel that way about all mostly every Karbach beer. All drinkable and pretty good, but none of them just knock me out of the park because I feel like something is missing.
One of my favorite Texas breweries. All of there special release stuff is great. I also like there seasonal a lot. If i lived in Houston I would try and go there everyday.
Chipotlemonger
AG
What Texas breweries are not missing something to you, for reference?
gigemJTH12
AG
I mean I dont get that feeling at St Arnolds.

Im not even sure what I am trying to say honestly. But I never just love any of their beer.
La Fours
AG
Gonna have a good time this weekend.

28 cases of beer.
Chipotlemonger
AG
NColoradoAG
La Fours said:

Gonna have a good time this weekend.

28 cases of beer.
Your off weekend looks much more fun than mine. I've gotta pack 3 months worth of chores into one and a half days.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
You should have it or be getting it soon. Let me know if it doesn't come through.
First Page Last Page
Page 1044 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.