Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,640,758 Views | 62607 Replies | Last: 6 min ago by SoTxAg
NColoradoAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Well, we're only 96 hours away from this deal so we better get a time nailed down.
jah003
S
Paging p-wonk and/or Bmac... What's the earliest you want us over there? I think 9 or so would be solid, but certainly don't want get there before you guys are ready.
steve00
AG
A good, easy drinking IPA from Fort Point Beer Co.
Bmac04
AG
jah003 said:

Paging p-wonk and/or Bmac... What's the earliest you want us over there? I think 9 or so would be solid, but certainly don't want get there before you guys are ready.

Just texted pwonk to see what's up
steve00
AG
Spontantripleblueberry

Incredible
Chipotlemonger
AG
That's awesome
p-wonk01
AG
We usually get out there around 10am, but I can see about getting out there earlier (have to help my father get everything together). I can try sometime between 9- 9:30
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Love Mikkeler Bar
BSD
AG
I need to step into Mikeller one of these days...
austin08
S
OMG there's a beer thread on TexAgs!?!
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Picked up some Enjoy By Tangerine last night. Looking forward to that one.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Yea, it's a great thread.
p-wonk01
AG
steve00 said:

Spontantripleblueberry

Incredible
I wish they had that when BMac and I were there years ago. The color alone on that tone...
p-wonk01
AG
austin08 said:

Welcome. Prepare to lose your work productivity and spend a lot more on beer.

If you are going to the Tennessee game then I'd recommend joining many of us on this thread at the bottle share at our tailgate.
Kyle98
AG
p-wonk01 said:

austin08 said:

If you are going to the Tennessee game then I'd recommend joining many of us on this thread at the bottle share at our tailgate.
One of these days I'm going to make one of those bottle share games...
p-wonk01
AG
Kyle98 said:

p-wonk01 said:

austin08 said:

I'm just happy we are having another one!! I've got my first on the way in about a month, so this is the last game I'll be able to attend this year.
NColoradoAG
So if BSD is there around 10, and we're looking at about 90 minutes in the water bath, brisket at 1130?
Kyle98
AG
p-wonk01 said:

Kyle98 said:

p-wonk01 said:

austin08 said:

I'm just happy we are having another one!! I've got my first on the way in about a month, so this is the last game I'll be able to attend this year.
I have a 7 month old at home, so it's going to be next year at the earliest until we're able to get to CS for a game. I am getting to do a boys' trip to Starkville for the MSU game, at least, though!
dave99ag
AG
Our six month old will be attending his 3rd game this season. So far we've made it to the 4th quarter of every game. I think next season will be more of a challenge, but we're looking to move down to the AC sections where my wife / grandma can take him inside.

My mother-in-law even made a sign for him for Gameday: "Sam Ponder will you marry me?" Hoping to make that photo op happen.

</end baby thread, bring on the beer!>
p-wonk01
AG
NColoradoAG said:

So if BSD is there around 10, and we're looking at about 90 minutes in the water bath, brisket at 1130?
Now we see what NCo is really coming for...jk
Bmac04
AG
Happily leaving my 1 year old at home
NColoradoAG
p-wonk01 said:

NColoradoAG said:

Much more excited for rare brisket than rare beer.
62strat
AG
Kyle98 said:

p-wonk01 said:

Kyle98 said:

p-wonk01 said:

austin08 said:

I have a 7 month old at home, so it's going to be next year at the earliest until we're able to get to CS for a game. I am getting to do a boys' trip to Starkville for the MSU game, at least, though!
7 months is about the easiest age as it gets for babies! They are immobile, they can go several hours without food, and still can fall asleep any time any place.
You think at 19 months he's going to sit down 3 hours for a football game?? haha, it must be your first

We have an 8 month old, and we can plop him on the floor after eating and he'll sit there with a few toys for hours without a peep. I'm anxiously awaiting his mobility. Our two year old has sat on my recliner with me to watch football maybe twice.. for all of 10 minutes.

Kyle98
AG
62strat said:

Kyle98 said:

p-wonk01 said:

Kyle98 said:

p-wonk01 said:

austin08 said:

7 months is about the easiest age as it gets for babies! They are immobile, they can go several hours without food, and still can fall asleep any time any place.
You think at 19 months he's going to sit down 3 hours for a football game?? haha, it must be your first

We have an 8 month old, and we can plop him on the floor after eating and he'll sit there with a few toys for hours without a peep. I'm anxiously awaiting his mobility. Our two year old has sat on my recliner with me to watch football maybe twice.. for all of 10 minutes.

I can't plop mine down for that long. She gets bored quickly without someone playing with her, and is right at the edge of crawling, so she's moving around alot. And really, it's more that we're not the type of people to take a baby to a game (not saying there's anything wrong with it, just not our style). And no, at 19 months she won't sit down for a whole game, but it will likely be easier for my wife to leave her with a baby sitter for a weekend.

So, enough derailing....had some pretty good beers on my trip to Boulder this past weekend. Stopped in at Backcountry Pizza for an early lunch on my way to the airport on Sunday, at they were having Sour Sunday, including a tapping of Cantillion Fou Foune. Had a couple of Russian River sours that I hadn't had before, plus a barrel-aged raspberry Nightmare on Brett, in addition to the Fou Foune.
BSD
AG
NColoradoAG said:

p-wonk01 said:

NColoradoAG said:

Much more excited for rare brisket than rare beer.
I've been dieting the last two weeks so rare brisket is my preference as well.
NColoradoAG
Already 200 in line for today's release at WeldWerks
BSD
AG
What is dropping today?

edit: nevermind, i see it:
Quote:

Join us on Wednesday, October 5th for the release of Barrel Aged Mexican Achromatic. BAMA is an Imperial Stout brewed with cacao nibs, cinnamon sticks and vanilla beans, aged in Breckenridge Distillery bourbon barrels.
NColoradoAG
Barrel Aged Mexican Achromatic and Double Dry Hopped Juicy Bits
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Double dry hopped juicy bits sounds awesome
Scriffer
AG
Quote:

Join us on Wednesday, October 5th for the release of Barrel Aged Mexican Achromatic. BAMA is an Imperial Stout brewed with cacao nibs, cinnamon sticks and vanilla beans, aged in Breckenridge Distillery bourbon barrels.
La Fours
AG
NColoradoAG said:

WANT!!!

Especially the Juicy Bits...
DallasAggie2012
AG
Oh snap! Both of those sound incredible! Pretty crazy you guys already have that many lined up at noon on a Wednesday too.
NColoradoAG
La Fours said:

NColoradoAG said:

WANT!!!

Do you really think i'm NOT bringing some Saturday?
BSD
AG
all that sounds so good. OK, back to wanting rare beer more than rare brisket now.
La Fours
AG
NColoradoAG said:

La Fours said:

NColoradoAG said:

WANT!!!

Do you really think i'm NOT bringing some Saturday?
I meant just for me. Screw the rest of these guys...

Sorry, not sorry.

Ok, I'm a little sorry.

But only a little.
First Page Last Page
Page 1038 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.