Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,645,626 Views | 62620 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by Chipotlemonger
aggiemike02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
how is it? i have one at home thats just waiting to be opened.
dave99ag
AG
quote:
Got some good news today.

Got one past the goalie?
La Fours
AG
Nice. Where are you?
Scriffer
AG
quote:
how is it? i have one at home thats just waiting to be opened.

It's awesome. I've made the mistake if of waiting too long on Crooked Stave, so i I recommend getting after it.

Johnny Cash Coyote told me so.
army01
AG
quote:
quote:
New to the thread; just received a box of all things Surly from a buddy.

Welcome to the best thread on TexAgs.

1. Don't "fall asleep" at a bottle share
2. Don't pull a Hickory
3. ... or a "Phischy"
Scriffer
AG
quote:
quote:
Got some good news today.

Got one past the goalie?

Not that good.
turfman80
AG
quote:
Nice. Where are you?
Crested Butte
La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:
Nice. Where are you?
Crested Butte
So jealous.
jh0400
AG
I thought for sure we'd lost and made other plans for next weekend that I can't cancel.

quote:
If you are receiving this email, Congratulations you were selected as a second chance winner in the lottery 2016 Zwanze Day at Jester King Brewery on Oct. 1.

La Fours
AG
quote:
I thought for sure we'd lost and made other plans for next weekend that I can't cancel.

quote:
If you are receiving this email, Congratulations you were selected as a second chance winner in the lottery 2016 Zwanze Day at Jester King Brewery on Oct. 1.

Oh man. That sucks.
Hudson2508
AG
I might be able to pass as you, think you were only like 6" taller than me...any chance I could borrow that ID?

jah003
S
quote:

quote:

Dude... Can I be you?
I wish they would make exceptions for stuff like this... Having a spot not filled for an event with 200 people sucks balls.
jh0400
AG
I'm not sure why they gave people so long to purchase tickets. If they'd done 24 hours and on to the next person in line I'd have not made other plans.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Agreed.

Pretty poor work on their part. Sorry man.

Maybe see if they can come you something for the issue?
Hudson2508
AG
What sucks is based on that email if someone from these second chance tickets don't use them no one gets them. They should let those people assign a proxy if they can't make it, that way they get a loon bottle and their proxy gets pours of what's on draft.
La Fours
AG
Anyone want to buy a brewery in DFW area?

http://discussions.probrewer.com/showthread.php?60790-Turnkey-North-Texas-Brewery
maca1028
I'll through in $5
ChipFTAC01
AG
Wonder what brewery that is. Any ideas based on the size?
txag2008
AG
No idea who that is, but here's a few of the smaller ones that would maybe make sense.

Four Bullets
Audacity
3 Nations
Cobra
Nine Band
La Fours
AG
The Facebook group I saw that posted on mentioned it being in Rowlett. That price seems hella cheap. But I really have no concept for what that kind of equipment costs.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Edit; well nvm then!
La Fours
AG
Good find.
txag2008
AG
Hmmm. I was thinking that I saw that someone had already been in place to takeover the brewery.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
I don't think there would be a need for secrecy and an NDA if it was firewheel. They've been closed since last November.
BSD
AG
anyone know what time the HEB Bunker Hill growler station opens? Can I take my own growler to be filled there? I need to be on the road by 9:15am so was hoping to be there at 9:00am.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Firewheel was bought by Backcountry out of Colorado last year (?). I don't think it is them.

Edit to add link about the purchase of Firewheel.
http://www.guidelive.com/craft-beer/2015/12/22/colorado-brewery-backcountry-open-second-location-rowlett-firewheel
jetch17
AG
quote:
anyone know what time the HEB Bunker Hill growler station opens? Can I take my own growler to be filled there? I need to be on the road by 9:15am so was hoping to be there at 9:00am.
those fools seem to just arrive whenever they damn well please. ive gone at lunch before and its closed, ive gone early on the weekends to find it open. i bet before 9:00 may be a stretch though. and ive taken the BMF in there before to get filled, so they will fill your own unless that has changed.
BSD
AG
F it then. I'll go to Specs and get some Yellow Rose for my buddy who's in town. I was going to try to get some Brash abide before heading down to Killens.
jetch17
AG
D&Q has 9/19 bottles i saw
BSD
AG
balls...opens at 11:00am.
AggieStout
AG
After seeing all the people on here who get beer mail. I decided i would join in. Get my first package Wednesday. Ordered the following. Mainly did it because I really liked the barrel aged hibernation when i tried it at their barrel room in Denver. Once i got to surfing around at what else they had, I got a little carried away but the wife was ok with it all (because she drinks the same stuff I do) as long as I kept it below $100. Ordered from beer ship.com

Great Divide Barrel Aged Hibernation Old Ale
Port Brewing Santas Little Helper Russian Imperial Stout 2013
Avery Vanilla Bean Stout
Deschutes Black Butte 28 XXVIII Porter
Deschutes The Abyss Imperial Stout 2013
AggieStout
AG
I am starting to grow a collection that it more than my beer mini fridge can handle. What do yall recommend for storage. I heard it depends on what type of beer you have can determine the storage it needs.

Can I keep the bombers of stouts and porters on a shelf in my kitchen non refrigerated?
If I have any lighter beers (IPAs, Oktoberfest) these need to be refrigerated?
La Fours
AG
Porters and stouts can be kept in a cabinet just fine. IPA's don't need to be stored, they need to be drank. That style of beer is best fresh. Octoberfest beers can keep a little longer than IPA's but also not meant to aged.
aggiemike02
AG
did you pick up that Melvin at Mountain Spirits on Elk?
BSD
AG
Fresh ass Pliny and BBQ!

First Page Last Page
Page 1029 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.