Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,640,634 Views | 62606 Replies | Last: 19 hrs ago by La Fours
Inspector Spacetime
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Why is there Yell practice at city center on a Wednesday night?
They've been doing it for years now, and IIRC they have done it on various weeknights, Wednesday-Friday. Tons of people show up, and former yellboys lead everything. There are next to no push-ups or pilates done by CTs, but there's a first time for everything.

The most direct answer to your question though is, because New Old Army.
Scriffer
AG
quote:
quote:
They've been doing it for years now, and IIRC they have done it on various weeknights, Wednesday-Friday. Tons of people show up, and former yellboys lead everything. There are next to no push-ups or pilates done by CTs, but there's a first time for everything.

The most direct answer to your question though is, because New Old Army.
Wow, we're a weird group of people...
Whoop04
quote:

It's part of a social for the part time and executive MBA programs.
AggieStout
AG
Dallas aggie. Check your email. Need your address so I can ship you the JK
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
Someone help me remember, was fouderweizen a one time deal or will it come back. Love that beer so damn much

This. Can't wait for the next release.
AgEng06
AG
Little bottle share this afternoon....

Thanks Two Down:

This FO was fantastic.
AgEng06
AG
And a take-home...

DallasAggie2012
AG
Sorry about that man! Just sent you back an email.
Two Down
AG
Man it's Wednesday ya bhole.

Really jealous of that FO though, was that blend 2?
AgEng06
AG
Yeah I believe so. It was the 2016 batch.
Hudson2508
AG
Saving my bottle for a special occasion. Pretty excited about it.

We need to do an Austin share for one of the away games somewhere. Have some big bottles I don't want to open by myself. And I need to get Jah his key lime Gose.
AgEng06
AG
It was great.

And I'm down for an Austin share.
jah003
S
quote:
Saving my bottle for a special occasion. Pretty excited about it.

We need to do an Austin share for one of the away games somewhere. Have some big bottles I don't want to open by myself. And I need to get Jah his key lime Gose.

Last year we did a stout night during one of the away games (Ole Miss)... I don't really remember that game. And I'm glad I don't...
turfman80
AG
Anyone get a JK Kwanze Day win on the lottery? I've struck out so far....
jah003
S
quote:

Haven't seen an email yet either way...
Hudson2508
AG
Let me know what weekends we have as options and let's pick one.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Hudson,

Picked up your Crooked Stave today. Went ahead and grabbed me one of the same bottles.

Currently I am having a milk stout. Pretty enjoyable one, although it's definitely not a favorite style of mine. If I'm getting this mid level ABV on a dark beer, I would prefer a more malty and bitter offering. Not everyone's cup of tea either way.

Chipotlemonger
AG
This is also a beer I won in that friendly competition last week. It was a great way to acquire over a dozen good to great beers that I might not otherwise purchase at the store.
Hudson2508
AG
Awesome, that beer sounded tasty.
jah003
S
quote:

Did you actually get an email?
turfman80
AG
No, nothing, which I assume is not good news
jh0400
AG
No Zwanze Day for me either.
turfman80
AG
There still is hope for Kwanze. Last year, denial emails were sent and the drawing was done later than announced due to a large number of entries. Then when the original group was all settled, those who elected not to purchase had their allotments thrown into a second and then a third drawing, so some people received their winning email a few days after the original drawing.
Kyle98
AG
Headed to southern Alberta tomorrow for 10 days of vacation, anyone know of any Alberta beers I have to try? We'll also be in Calgary for a couple of days next weekend, and I'm sure I'll check out a couple of the local breweries there.

There'a a couple of breweries in the town we're staying in (Lethbridge), so I'm sure we'll hit those up.
Represent830
AG
quote:
Someone check on AggieOO. I think he may have been arrested for assault of a FedEx driver or has been run over by a truck, IDK. I don't think he's posted since his comment about seeing the FedEx truck driving down his street.
Knowing OO's athletic prowess, he's been steadily gaining on him for the last 35 miles.
AggieOO
quote:
quote:
Someone check on AggieOO. I think he may have been arrested for assault of a FedEx driver or has been run over by a truck, IDK. I don't think he's posted since his comment about seeing the FedEx truck driving down his street.
Knowing OO's athletic prowess, he's been steadily gaining on him for the last 35 miles.
i'm alive. work has been a little crazy, and then we had a team offsite yesterday that started at noon. We went on a food tour, so I cracked a beer as soon as we got in the van and then spent the rest of the day in a drunken state, while shoving as much food in my mouth as I could. Then I decided it would be a good idea to meet up with friends at a HH at whitestone and enjoy a few more beers. The wife had to drive me home, and i don't remember the rest of the night.

moving a little slow this morning, but at least i'm working from home. Needless to say, I wasn't online all day yesterday.

oh, and the package arrived some time monday. Scriffer hooked me up with a Lion's Share, which looks like a beer that is right up my alley!

gotta get a bunch of work knocked today out b/c I'm headed back out to west texas to work a race this weekend, but that also means more time in the mountains, cooler weather, and stouts! Hopefully celebrating a win on saturday night.
dave99ag
AG
quote:
oh, and the package arrived some time monday. Scriffer hooked me up with a Lion's Share, which looks like a beer that is right up my alley!
I quickly read that as Lone Star and thought, "That's our Scriffer!"
DallasAggie2012
AG
That Lion's Share is legit this year! It's very nice right now but should be phenomenal as it mellows out a bit with a little age.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I don't remember which ones I liked and don't know what their distribution is like but I know I enjoyed several of the Banff brewer's beers
AggieStout
AG
FYI. Austin total wine has 120min IPA at the desk and a few cases of the blood work orange by that side desk by the beer.
Kyle98
AG
Cool, I'll look for it. This is the one in the town we're staying in.

http://couleebrew.co
jh0400
AG
Was anyone here lucky enough to snag a Zwanze Day invite?
jah003
S
quote:
Was anyone here lucky enough to snag a Zwanze Day invite?

They haven't sent emails either way. Got wait until 10 and make the neckbeards sweat...
jh0400
AG
I thought it was 10 pm yesterday?
jah003
S
quote:
I thought it was 10 pm yesterday?

Yea, that was my bad. I suck at reading things and stuff. It's 10 pm tonight.
First Page Last Page
Page 1025 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.