Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,568,398 Views | 62489 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by La Fours
reesei10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
quote:
Is that stuff pretty easy to find in Austin or did it get bought out pretty quick?

The stack at my HEB lasted about 6 hours. Might still be hanging around the less popular HEB's though.

There was about three cases left at specs in RR late Saturday night
MathNewman06
AG
quote:
quote:
Trying Karbach Roll in the Hay (really nice) at the Kroger bar.
And look what I found on the back of the shelf (even nicer).

Where is this at, how do I get me one of those.

It was at Kroger on Shepherd/11th in Houston.
Assuming you're talking about the BCBS, there was just one all the way at the back of the shelf. Not sure why it was there, but I didn't bother asking, just grabbed it.
I still have one more from November, too, so I'd probably be willing to trade one if you're that interested.
maca1028
I'll be in town Friday, I'll go by East 1 then we thought about going to ABW before heading out to Wimberley, maybe I'll get lucky.
AggieOO
quote:
quote:
quote:

Good win today Ag's! Thanks to Scriffer I'll have some good stuff to drink later.

I might know what's on a FedEx truck for me somewhere in Austin now.

I know better than to send you an IPA.
btw - never showed up on sat. hopefully doesn't get too hot today b/c i had to come into the office.
Scriffer
AG
That's irritating. FedEx said it was on the truck for delivery on Saturday.
AggieOO
quote:
yeah, i was tracking saturday. saw a fedex truck on the street twice saturday. no package.
maca1028
quote:
quote:
yeah, i was tracking saturday. saw a fedex truck on the street twice saturday. no package.

That feeling when you're expecting beer and the FedEx truck passes you by.
AggieOO
me when the truck rolled up

me after the truck drove off

AggieStout
AG
must be a slow day for no updates
La Fours
AG
Did your box ever arrive?
maca1028
I bought tickets to the Ole Miss game today, beer related because I'm gonna drink some that day...hopefully with some of you people.

In before...
Two Down
AG
Two highlights from last couple of days:

Stellar stout

And a new (to me) Rare Barrel brew - hat tip to BSD for the hook up here.
La Fours
AG
Nice
Mustang1
AG
Where did you get the Trillium?
Chipotlemonger
AG

Was fortunate enough to win a couple of these in a beer tasting contest last week. Really great sour beer.
Two Down
AG
That was one I had brought back from a trip to Boston in April. Wish I had gotten a lot more.
62strat
AG
So... A guy in Denver just sold off his entire 600+ bottle cellar collection to a single buyer. He needed the cash and was tired of all that beer just sitting. The buyer was his first solicitation.

That's pretty unbelievable. A 5 figure beer haul.
jah003
S
Today's JK Zwanze selection... I'm at home with a sick two year old, so I've got more time to check my email constantly like a weirdo.
AggieStout
AG
quote:
So... A guy in Denver just sold off his entire 600+ bottle cellar collection to a single buyer. He needed the cash and was tired of all that beer just sitting. The buyer was his first solicitation.

What did he have stored away?
Inspector Spacetime
AG
If any Houston folks are going to the City Centre Yell Practice tonight, come out to Grub Burger Bar beforehand and have some Karbach tallboys or Karbachtoberfest with me. We're having an Aggie happy hour on the patio.
Two Down
AG
Little bit of beer mail is always welcome:

AgEng06
AG
Only 900 bottles....

jah003
S

Remember when JK used to give zero ****s about what beer the consumers liked? Seems they've given in to the ZOMG Atrial neck beards... Obviously good for business, but I miss the JK days of old. For the record, Aurelian is my favorite fruited sour.
Robert C. Christian
AG
I had already planned a trip to JK on Saturday, should I expect this to still be available on Saturday? I don't plan on getting these early and camping out, do you think it would be available after the initial line dies down?
maca1028
I'll be there at 4 Friday.
AgEng06
AG
IF it makes it through Friday, I wouldn't expect it to make it through the initial opening rush on Saturday... but maybe you'll get lucky.
Robert C. Christian
AG
quote:
IF it makes it through Friday, I wouldn't expect it to make it through the initial opening rush on Saturday... but maybe you'll get lucky.
Since there is no way I can make it Friday, I would hope it sell out that day so I don't have to worry about it Saturday.
jh0400
AG
quote:

Remember when JK used to give zero ****s about what beer the consumers liked? Seems they've given in to the ZOMG Atrial neck beards... Obviously good for business, but I miss the JK days of old. For the record, Aurelian is my favorite fruited sour.

Do you even #whalezbro?

This is one of the things I like so much about Brash is that they have, for the time being, decided to focus on making the beers that they want to make. Of course, if Hammer Smashed Face is a success they may change their focus and start trying to out "limited release" other breweries.
62strat
AG
quote:
quote:

What did he have stored away?
He didn't have a list.. he just mentioned a few like barrel aged abraxes, eclipse masterpiece, avery 1-30, utopias (which I think he said he kept)
jah003
S
quote:
quote:
Since there is no way I can make it Friday, I would hope it sell out that day so I don't have to worry about it Saturday.

Pretty confident this will sell out on Friday. So, I wouldn't worry about it being around on Saturday.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Why is there Yell practice at city center on a Wednesday night?
Jock 07
AG
Someone help me remember, was fouderweizen a one time deal or will it come back. Love that beer so damn much
maca1028
It's coming back.
AggieStout
AG
Multiple bottles of Lakewood lion share 4 at heb off McNeil and Parmer
La Fours
AG
Someone check on AggieOO. I think he may have been arrested for assault of a FedEx driver or has been run over by a truck, IDK. I don't think he's posted since his comment about seeing the FedEx truck driving down his street.
First Page Last Page
Page 1024 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.