Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,642,459 Views | 62609 Replies | Last: 13 hrs ago by SoTxAg
Represent830
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dammit, I missed the Rare Barrel selloff.
62strat
AG
I'm just browsing the quaint little bomber room at the smaller store near my house, there's a only a few shelves of bombers. I was kneeling down looking at bottom shelf left to right when I reach the far right end, and then my eyes scan across an open cardboard box.. Woah, a Russian river cork/cap. I see 9 out of the 12 are there, I got all giggity. Pulled one up to see label... Ahh I see bright blue!! Been a while since I've gotten my trusty blue. No sign that says limits. If it was 2014 my O&G baller self would have grabbed the box and gone to the front. But I held back, just got 2. Cashier said they aren't gonna advertise them anymore, just stick em on the ground in the bomber room.

Tldr; found some supplication today in the wild.
dave99ag
AG
quote:
If we end up moving back that might be my work from home spot.
MathNewman06
AG
quote:
I'm just browsing the quaint little bomber room at the smaller store near my house, there's a only a few shelves of bombers. I was kneeling down looking at bottom shelf left to right when I reach the far right end, and then my eyes scan across an open cardboard box.. Woah, a Russian river cork/cap. I see 9 out of the 12 are there, I got all giggity. Pulled one up to see label... Ahh I see bright blue!! Been a while since I've gotten my trusty blue. No sign that says limits. If it was 2014 my O&G baller self would have grabbed the box and gone to the front. But I held back, just got 2. Cashier said they aren't gonna advertise them anymore, just stick em on the ground in the bomber room.

I like their style. That's much more satisfying than going in knowing exactly what you're getting and rushing to try to beat everyone else there.
Which shop was this?
MathNewman06
AG
Trying Karbach Roll in the Hay (really nice) at the Kroger bar.
And look what I found on the back of the shelf (even nicer).
jh0400
AG
Have Roll in the Hay bottles hit yet?
Represent830
AG
quote:

That's awesome. And good for them too. Makes you swing by more.
AgEng06
AG
Celebrating my son's 1 yr birthday with my last Consecration (from our trip to RRBC 2 yrs ago).

Cheers Beer Threaders!

62strat
AG
quote:
quote:

I like their style. That's much more satisfying than going in knowing exactly what you're getting and rushing to try to beat everyone else there.
Which shop was this?
bruin spirits. In Parker co.

My mainstay is Parker Payless, but they always post the good stuff on Facebook, which is not a problem, but they do it like at 2pm weekdays, and I work 20 miles away. Never fails, by 3 or 4, I see the 'all gone' update. I wish they did it on weekends or like at 5, give a chance to the 80% of Parker residents who work outside of the area.

But anyway, I can remedy it by following Mr. B's, which is about a 5 min drive from my office. They usually post the good stuff, and I typically leave work for 20 min at he drop of a hat.

But then they went a similar method for the last Cantillon drop to randomly put one on the shelf at totally random times throughout the summer. Difference between them and bruin is the announcement on FB. Every neck beard in downtown is going to mr bs everyday all day and asking if one is out, so they last 1 minute on the shelf since they know about iTunes bet this case at bruin is there for a week or more, assuming someone doesn't buy the lot.
maca1028
MathNewman06
AG
The 9/5 batch, I presume? Almost grabbed one of those, myself, but I still have one left from the previous batch.
maca1028
No it's the 8/29 one...drain pour, no I'm kidding, it's great.
jah003
S
Tower Point HEB in CS rules... Grabbed a Fantome Del Rey just hanging out on the shelf.
dave99ag
AG
quote:
Tower Point HEB in CS rules... Grabbed a Fantome Del Rey just hanging out on the shelf.
Those have been sitting there for awhile now. Not sure how well the JK's do there. Probably move faster than the Cascades.
La Fours
AG
No. The bombers won't hit for a few months.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
quote:
Have Roll in the Hay bottles hit yet?

Only the barrels that were deemed ready were kegged, the rest of the barrels are taking a little more time, and the plan is to package the rest and release it in November, since 5th Anniversary comes out Sept 19th, BBHCherry in October (fingers crossed), and Jack Daniels BA 3 Legged Lab in December.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
In case anyone was curious...
Keep in mind that "quintuple IPA" is a little tongue-in-cheek; one look at the IBUs should tell you that.

MathNewman06
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BKLYUFuh1DR
Jock 07
AG
quote:

This is the strategy I used to get Pliny and other stuff that would fly out within hours when it hit town. It typically came to town everywhere on the same day. Most of the places that get it post it and it's gone quick. However one of the places never post it and typically had Pliny at least for a week or so after hitting town. They didn't put it on the shelf but you had to ask for it. I would know when they had it by virtue of all the other posts from the other liquor stores
La Fours
AG
Week old Pliny is a drain pour.

maca1028

Good win today Ag's! Thanks to Scriffer I'll have some good stuff to drink later.
La Fours
AG
Thank you JAH!! This is damn good.

NColoradoAG
I enjoyed listening to Jock07 provide the color for today's game. Guy sounds exactly like you Ryan.
jh0400
AG
quote:
Got some IPAs today

So far I've had three of the five, and they're not living up to the hype for me. They're all less than three weeks old, so it shouldn't be a freshness issue.
AggieOO
quote:

Good win today Ag's! Thanks to Scriffer I'll have some good stuff to drink later.

I might know what's on a FedEx truck for me somewhere in Austin now.
reesei10

Found some! Not as hoppy as I expected especially for 7%, but still very nice!
Jock 07
AG
quote:
I enjoyed listening to Jock07 provide the color for today's game. Guy sounds exactly like you Ryan.
I'll have to go back and review the tape now. I'm sure you're referring to the professional sportscaster and not the other color guy
army01
AG
quote:
quote:
Got some IPAs today

So far I've had three of the five, and they're not living up to the hype for me. They're all less than three weeks old, so it shouldn't be a freshness issue.

I dig the DDH Sleeper Street.
Scriffer
AG
quote:
quote:

I might know what's on a FedEx truck for me somewhere in Austin now.

I know better than to send you an IPA.
AggieStout
AG
quote:
Trying Karbach Roll in the Hay (really nice) at the Kroger bar.
And look what I found on the back of the shelf (even nicer).

Where is this at, how do I get me one of those.
jetch17
AG
A fresh ass 9/5 lineup for the afternoon

jah003
S
quote:
Thank you JAH!! This is damn good.

Glad you enjoyed it. Kinda wishing I would have grabbed more than a case now...
maca1028
Is that stuff pretty easy to find in Austin or did it get bought out pretty quick?
jah003
S
quote:
Is that stuff pretty easy to find in Austin or did it get bought out pretty quick?

The stack at my HEB lasted about 6 hours. Might still be hanging around the less popular HEB's though.
First Page Last Page
Page 1023 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.