Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,642,387 Views | 62609 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by SoTxAg
big-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Temps in high 70s at start. Light winds. Barely hit 90 by finish time. Very nice.
Represent830
AG
What's everyone bringing this weekend?? Pretty stoked for this bottle share.
Jock 07
AG
Looking forward to it as well, I'm thinking I'm gonna bring some pseudo sue and Todd the axe man
Jock 07
AG
Speaking of which, do we have a start time yet?
Represent830
AG
quote:

Good question. I'm trying to get there as early as possible.

Thinking about a JK fruited sour and something else. Maybe my Rare Barrel.
jah003
S
Didn't even hit 90 degrees in Austin today... In freaking August! That's Stout weather man...

Won't be able to make the UCLA share. Atrial is earmarked for the share I do attend this year.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG

Great beer, as usual.
Hudson2508
AG
Anyone from Austin going to the share/game this weekend? Could possibly use you to mule some beer to BMac.
62strat
AG
Decided to forgo the beer tonight for a 2006 Trinitas Cab. I'm not a huge wine person, but this is damn tasty with some gouda.
Scriffer
AG
Split this with my Best Man tonight, courtesy of Maca. Good stuff, and a Consecration will be coming your way soon.

maca1028
Glad you enjoyed!
Bmac04
AG
quote:

Hoping to be at the tailgate by 10:30 or 11:00.

So far I'm bringing:
Hill Farmstead S&S5 grolwer
Hill Farmstead Susan growler
Alchemist Heady Topper
Alchemist Focal Banger
Treehouse Eureka with citra
Cantillon (not sure which one)
Stout (not sure which one)
Mead?
Other stuff (need to look what I have)
Represent830
AG
Damn. Guess I should bring a few more.
MW13
AG
I'll still be at work at that time (hoping to make it to the game in time) but sounds like its going to be awesome share. Yall have fun and make sure and get pictures of anybody who passes out errrrrr falls asleep.

Also Hickory says he'll see you guys there. He won't have anything to share this time but will bring some to a later share.

Scriffer
AG
Any of if y'all looking for a ticket to the game? My wife can't make it, so I need to unload one in the South Zone. Most people on here who know me would tell you I'm not that weird of a guy.
BSD
AG
I will try to swing by. Rep, I will bring your Ensorcelled if I do.
La Fours
AG
Who knows inspector spacetime? I need to ask him some stuff about karbach off the thread. And I haven't seen him post in a while.
p-wonk01
AG
Gentlemen...BMac and I are happy to have you join the tailgate for a bottle share. Despite my best efforts, my wife plans to have our first child sometime around the 8th of November...so I'll probably only be at the first 3 games this year. I am therefore happy I'll get to attend at least one share this year!

TIME: Let's set a tentative for 11am (possibly earlier if anyone has objections or we get set up earlier)

BEER: Self-explanatory

FOOD: You are welcome to bring whatever you care to. I always feel bad about saying this, but my parents usually have to cook for our 40+ person tailgate, so I don't ever ask them to count any of us for this (since the number has been known to vary). If they have extra then you guys are always welcome to partake, but I can't guarantee anything. Once my dad is done with the grill space we could cook up whatever if need be.

OTHER: Cups, cooler with ice, water, snacks. BMac and I will probably bring some of this, but let us know if anyone has any extra laying around.

LOCATION : As you will notice in the next few pictures, our tailgate is typically located in the grass in front of the Reed parking lot. Those that have been before will probably remember. I will try to hang the sign so that you can identify us in the mass of humanity; however it shouldn't be hard to spot. **My a@@ will be out there on Friday morning early in order to get ready to reserve the space. I'll post afterwards and let you know if there will be any changes, since you never know**

From what I can tell, the first share was held on 9/14/13 at NCol's tailgate. If you want a trip down memory lane, look at page 289. For those that haven't been before, here are just a few pictures of some previous shares over the last few years to whet your appetite:

quote:
I will try to swing by.
Wouldn't be the same without
Represent830
AG
quote:
What do I owe you?
Represent830
AG
Man I'm really looking forward to this guys.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
Anyone from Austin going to the share/game this weekend? Could possibly use you to mule some beer to BMac.

I'll be leaving from Georgetown
BSD
AG
quote:
quote:
What do I owe you?
$30 meellion. or just $30. whichever works for you
La Fours
AG
Check the roads before you go if there is much rain end of this week. I drove to Georgetown last Sunday afternoon and when I got to the turn at 95 and 29, 29 was closed heading towards Georgetown. Had to take another road west to i-35.
Represent830
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
What do I owe you?
$30 meellion. or just $30. whichever works for you
Anything I can bring as a thank you? San Antonio is kinda limited but I'll look around.
BSD
AG
nah, don't sweat it. I have enough beer to last me a while.
NColoradoAG
I think we'll be rolling in to Reed around noon. I will try and swing over there with something, but no guarantees. I plan to be fully torqued off whiskey by that point.

Bmac is bringing enough to put someone down for the count.

NColoradoAG
Besides LaFours, Turfman, and Jah003, who will be in College Station on Sunday afternoon?
maca1028
Does this mean we'll get another photo bom of NoCo passed out in lawn chair?
La Fours
AG
quote:
I think we'll be rolling in to Reed around noon. I will try and swing over there with something, but no guarantees. I plan to be fully torqued off whiskey by that point.

Bmac is bringing enough to put someone down for the count.

And we all know how that ends up with NCol + whiskey + bottle share.
La Fours
AG
Dammit. I was too slow.
Whoop04
I mostly lurk on this thread, but I live in CS and will be.
La Fours
AG
quote:
Besides LaFours, Turfman, and Jah003, who will be in College Station on Sunday afternoon?
I didn't think JAH003 was going to make it?
NColoradoAG
quote:
Does this mean we'll get another photo bom of NoCo passed out in lawn chair?
I regret nothing
dave99ag
AG
I'm always in CS on Sunday afternoons, but will probably still have family in town or watching after our little one. Hoping to swing by on Saturday. Kinda depends on if the little dude wants to go to a bottle share or not.
jah003
S
quote:
quote:
I didn't think JAH003 was going to make it?

Can't make the share cause I've got family in town for the game, but I'll be free Sunday afternoon. #noworkonmonday
First Page Last Page
Page 1013 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.