Today in 2013

1,735 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by DBird
Aggie12B
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
8 years ago today, I went from SSG to SSG Ret. (not by choice)
14 years, 6 months, and 8 days
5 major deployments (4 combat all to iraq, 1 peacekeeping to Kosovo) ranging from 6-15 months each
15 minor deployments ranging from 1-3 months each

I'm proud of my time in the service, but lately, more and more, it seems like it was for nothing
Texarkanaag69
AG
Aggie12B said:

8 years ago today, I went from SSG to SSG Ret. (not by choice)
14 years, 6 months, and 8 days
5 major deployments (4 combat all to iraq, 1 peacekeeping to Kosovo) ranging from 6-15 months each
15 minor deployments ranging from 1-3 months each

I'm proud of my time in the service, but lately, more and more, it seems like it was for nothing
Thank you for your sacrifice and service. My c/o '97 just completed 22 years beginning with 10th Mountain in Afghanistan and since '05 with the 5th SFG in Iraq, Lebanon, Jordan, other Middle East countries I don't know about, and Syria. I know something of your journey. Please know it WAS NOT FOR NOTHING. I hope one day you will realize how many lives the Lord used you to touch. Everyday you fought bad people and protected your buddies and untold numbers of innocents and that was not for nothing. Stand proud and may your tribe increase. God bless.
Hey Nav
AG
12B - how's it going for you tonight?
Aggie12B
AG
Hey Nav said:

Thanks for asking. Having a real hard time giving a damn this evening. Thought about having a beer or two or six, but, tonight, one would be too many and ten wouldn't be enough
Hey Nav
AG
I'm also medically retired (Air Force).

Not to be dramatic or intrusive, but... do you have friends or family to reach out to?

It's always good to have someone to talk to. It's a sign of strength to do so, my friend.

Yeah, staying away from the booze is a good idea, I feel.
Hey Nav
AG

I'm a fellow Ag. I'm positive I haven't been through what you have been through. I have been shot at , because you Army guys always wanted to go to hot places But... it has been a rough year all around.

Anyways, what I am trying to accomplish, being a member of the DAV and the American Legion, is to do a "buddy check". I'm sure you can understand. Hope you are well and will contact me. Take care.
aggiejim70
AG
Aggie12B said:

Hey Nav said:

Thanks for asking. Having a real hard time giving a damn this evening. Thought about having a beer or two or six, but, tonight, one would be too many and ten wouldn't be enough
From the way you worded that, I'm wondering if you're a friend of Bill's. If so, or for that matter if you just want to talk with some Aggies, join us tomorrow at 7.

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/4922070133?pwd=QmRNQmI2NndFc0h4TmJaZXF3d3lqQT09
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
stoneyjr78
AG
Not for nothing. You touched people's lives, your buddies, and others outside the military. The individual connections and interactions have an impact. They may not be apparent but they have an effect we may not see but may be a lifeline and hope for something better and more to someone else. Be at peace.
hut-ho78
DBird
You're not alone my friend. I want to get real news out of Afghanistan, not the bull they want to manipulate me with. I'm still holding on here at 14 years strong going on 20. I sure am glad that my children aren't old enough to understand what is going on over there. Stay strong 12B, you've got more friends than you think.

-Ski
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.