I apologize in advance if this is already posted somewhere, but I had no idea until someone emailed me the information.

It appears there is a campus survey going on that is supposed to include former students.

Link to original document sent - full text is provided below (sorry for the formatting)

Link to survey

If you could please take a few minutes to complete the survey at tx.ag/TFCHDsurvey, it would be

most helpful to the task force's efforts. We ask that you please share this important survey with
your constituencies as the group is seeking input from our former students. For more information on
the Task Force on Campus Historical Displays and the survey, please go to
tx.ag/TFCHDsurveyinvitation. The survey will remain open
through noon on Thursday, April 15.

---

Survey on Campus Historical Displays
Howdy!
7 April 2021

As members of The Association of Former Students' Leadership Council, your opinions are important
to us, as well as to Texas A&M University. I have been asked by Dr. Jorge
A. Vanegas, Dean of the College of Architecture, and Lilia Gonzales '94, University Architect, to
share a survey with you from the Task Force on Campus Historical Displays. The committee has been
charged with accurately and fully telling the story of Texas A&M through its heritage assets (i.e.,
buildings; open spaces and view corridors; monuments, statues and busts; public art; and other
types of displays and iconography, both indoors and outdoors).

If you could please take a few minutes to complete the survey at tx.ag/TFCHDsurvey, it would be
most helpful to the task force's efforts. We ask that you please share this important survey with
your constituencies as the group is seeking input from our former students. For more information on
the Task Force on Campus Historical Displays and the survey, please go to
tx.ag/TFCHDsurveyinvitation. The survey will remain open through noon on Thursday, April 15.
Take the survey

On behalf of The Association of Former Students, thank you for all that you do to serve Texas A&M
and the worldwide Aggie Network! We appreciate your assistance with this important project.

Gig 'em!

Porter S. Garner III '79 President and CEO

---

Some SRG Board Comments

You will note that our pointing out that the survey initially omitted former students (and
President Junkins agreed that it should be corrected), it appears that he did that and we thank him
for including us now! You will also note the deadline to fill it out and submit it is 15 April!

Please note what the TF Co-Chairpersons say about their "charge" - " accurately and fully telling
the story of Texas A&M through its heritage assets (i.e., buildings; open spaces and view
corridors; monuments, statues and busts; public art; and other types of displays and iconography,
both indoors and outdoors." The President, in his session with us reference above, said something
far short of this; and he was specific, not only about his intent for the near term (suggesting
"stages" of accomplishment) but confirmed in his TF due date (26 March) for the product he had
asked for (to date not delivered as far as we know). He asked us "to be patient" in his letter to
us, and we have been silent in honoring and respecting that since.

There is another issue that we feel strongly about and have worked on in a supporting role via our
able representative John Singleton '66. What that critical element is in "telling the story" is the
NARRATIVE that all the iconographies will SUPPORT meaning that there must be plaques on each!
This means some credible, historically accurate prose! We believe we know what those should say for
the Academic Plaza but have heard nothing about them otherwise from the TF. We need SRG members and
other former student constituents to make this point! In other words, how can you determine the
design unless we all know who will be represented and what the stories about them will say adding
up to the continuum narrative?

Concluding suggestions

The Survey, in our Board's opinion, is poorly written (i.e., the questions and box check options
are well - but are what they are. We suggest that you consider the information we are giving you
here and make your inputs appropriately - in your judgements - in the Survey comment boxes
provided. We urge that you participate in the Survey and trust this update will be of assistance as
you formulate your responses and inputs. Here are some points to think about:

We support the SRG BoD letter to the TAMU Interim President which is consistent with what they
have been stating for the past three months and supported by their representative.
What is the narrative as the basis for the "fully and accurate story" in the TF charge tasking?
If it doesn't exist, then stop the display activity and write it for our review. You cannot do a
design to tell a story that does not exist!
Who is in the lead for drafting the story and accountable?
We support the original "president's intent" expressed by Dr. Junkins.
Implement a Phase I for this project in the Academic Plaza and move out!
Delete the check box questions they are all immaterial.
The fence around the LSR Statue must be removed ASAP and follow what the Regents authoritatively
approved for action by the TAMU President.
Since you missed your tasking deadline, when do you expect to have a TF product for consideration
this is not an open-ended endeavor.

Thank you and Gig 'em!

Notes:

tin Sign-Up Reminder: Anyone (Ags and non Ags, SRG Ags and all other Ags too) can "opt in"
and sign up by going to:

x and simply putting in your
d then clicking on "submit." You will then automatically receive all

FJB, FPA, and FAZ