Fort Rucker

1,809 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Outlaw0206
zaab
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Shot in the dark here. My son is in ATC school there and I have to go pick him up for Holiday block leave. Where should I stay, eat and is there anything for a visitor to see? Army air museum?
TIA.

74OA
AG
Use the Network.
zaab
AG
74OA said:

Use the Network.
Thank you! Should have know this..
Fly Army 97
Stay anywhere, but eat at Hooks BBQ. People will tell you to hit Larry's BBQ since it's a staple, but Hooks is better, my opinion. Definitely get to the museum. Call ahead and see if someone will show you around. There is A LOT of great history there with stories for days.

Pirate04
AG
Lived in Enterprise for two years while at Rucker. Whatever you do, go by Downtown Donuts in downtown Enterprise. It's family owned and has the best donuts in town. For good coffee, Boldly Going. And for a nice splurge meal, The Rawls. If you don't want to hang out Enterprise or Daleville, there is plenty to do in Dothan and isn't a far drive.
ArmyAg2002
AG
Recommend staying in Enterprise. As far as eating, as of now , the CG down there will not allow soldiers to eat in resteraunts off post, so anything you get will be to go. You can eat at Mother Rucker's on post for dinner and the at the golf course for lunch. The museum isnt bad, but iy will onmy take you a couple of hours at most.
Pirate04
AG
Dang, hadn't even thought about them not being able to eat off post right now.

If y'all can eat out and do make it to Dothan, La Parrilla is probably the best Mexican food you can find in the area.
AnchorFoundation
Big Daddy's BBQ in Enterprise is a must.
ArmyAg2002
AG
Pirate04 said:

Dang, hadn't even thought about them not being able to eat off post right now.

If y'all can eat out and do make it to Dothan, La Parrilla is probably the best Mexican food you can find in the area.

Ill second that.

I was back for the ASO course this summer, I got lucky and was only confined to post for a week until they could covid test us, others were in quarantine for two weeks.
zaab
AG
My son is not allowed off base yet (he's phase 5 and needs to be 5+) so I have to physically go get him. I get there Thursday night and will do the museum Friday. I pick him up Sat morning at 6am. I'll stay in Enterprise so will look into the Rec's above.
Outlaw0206
AG
Mellow Mushroom is a popular spot. If you want to treat him Cork & Cattle is a great spot downtown. Also recommend downtown doughnuts.
Pirate04
AG
Oh Mellow! Love that place. There's one in Clearwater that I frequent too. As I was leaving, Cork and Cattle was trying to open up a restaurant, did they make that happen?? They had some great wine!
zaab
AG
Cool little museum.

Outlaw0206
AG
Pirate04 said:

Oh Mellow! Love that place. There's one in Clearwater that I frequent too. As I was leaving, Cork and Cattle was trying to open up a restaurant, did they make that happen?? They had some great wine!
They did and it has a great vibe! When I went back for CCC last year it was open. Nice big outdoor seating area that is covered and the inside is pretty cool too. They do a brunch on the weekends now as well. It is right up the road downtown from where their small store used to be.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.