Anyone work at Redstone Aresenal?

1,544 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Redstone
FCBlitz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am starting Jan 4th.

Be cool to know somebody.
Redstone
AnimalA10
AG
Not on it, but near it.
FCBlitz
AnimalA10 said:

Not on it, but near it.

Thank you for responding. I start Jan 4. I am trying to figure out where to stay. My preference is to get a furnaced apartment for 2 to 4 weeks and take that time to find a reasonable priced apartment. It sounds like Huntsville is a high crime city?

Do you have a suggestion what areas I should focus on and which areas I should stay away from renting from.

CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

My preference is to get a furnaced apartment
Don't you love Autocorrect?
FCBlitz
CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

It can definitely create a awkward moment.....
CanyonAg77
AG
FCBlitz said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

It can definitely create a awkward moment.....
At least it's accurate in this case. You probably do want a furnace. Can get cold there. Your hoped-for furniture would be nice, too.

I also think you've got a good plan, living somewhere temporary for a week or two to get a feel for the area.
AnimalA10
AG
FCBlitz said:

AnimalA10 said:

Not on it, but near it.

Thank you for responding. I start Jan 4. I am trying to figure out where to stay. My preference is to get a furnaced apartment for 2 to 4 weeks and take that time to find a reasonable priced apartment. It sounds like Huntsville is a high crime city?

Do you have a suggestion what areas I should focus on and which areas I should stay away from renting from.

Grain of salt because I myself live out in the country about 30 minutes away, but I know most of the people I work with either live in houses that are southeast of the Arsenal in the Oakhurst/Redstone Village/Woodridge neighborhoods (nice neighborhoods, lots that's affordable for two-income young families) or in Madison, the city next door which is close with fewer big-city problems (except traffic, which SUCKS during rush hours).

One or two coworkers live in the Edgewater apartments next to the new Trash Pandas (AA ball club here) stadium and it's supposed to be great.

I can ask around for more if you need some help.

Not living in the city, I don't have a feel for the crime situation.
Redstone
FCBlitz
AnimalA10 said:

FCBlitz said:

AnimalA10 said:

Not on it, but near it.

Grain of salt because I myself live out in the country about 30 minutes away, but I know most of the people I work with either live in houses that are southeast of the Arsenal in the Oakhurst/Redstone Village/Woodridge neighborhoods (nice neighborhoods, lots that's affordable for two-income young families) or in Madison, the city next door which is close with fewer big-city problems (except traffic, which SUCKS during rush hours).

One or two coworkers live in the Edgewater apartments next to the new Trash Pandas (AA ball club here) stadium and it's supposed to be great.

Super. Thank you for the response and help. I will look those up this evening.
AnimalA10
AG
FCBlitz said:

AnimalA10 said:

FCBlitz said:

AnimalA10 said:

Not on it, but near it.

Super. Thank you for the response and help. I will look those up this evening.
No problem, let me know if you need anything else.
hsvag
Adding to AnimalA10. It's been some years since I was there, but generally
Anything South Huntsville, south of Airport Blvd and between Memorial Parkway and Bailey Cove - all good. But mostly single family homes.
Stay away from downtown Huntsville, generally between Holmes and University.
As A10 said, much growth west toward Madison (on 72 or 565) with attendant traffic issues. Something around intersection of 72 and Research Park would be extremely convenient.
BQ78
AG
Redstone worked at Redstone when they made chemical weapons.
Redstone
FCBlitz
Is that true?

How much Hexachlorpentdiene did you get to play with?
Redstone
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.