Officer vs. Enlisted

10,541 Views | 73 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by insulator_king
lb3
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SeanLucas2020 said:

To everyone who has provided advice and guidance, thank you. I am happy to report that my Chief confirmed that I was accepted as a Naval Officer Candidate, with my class convening on 03/28/21.

Again, I thank each and everyone of you who has posted here. I will do my best out there!
Gratz. Glad you got accepted to OCS before you had to apply to NOAA's officer corps.
Post removed:
by user
Lee72
AG
I served 8 years enlisted as Radioman (now IT) in Navy...last 4 years in Reserves. Applied for and received Direct Commission as Intel Officer and after a few years of normal reserve duty, I began seeking out and taking long term assignments on active duty. Put in over 3500 days in that mode and retired as Captain (O-6) with 36 years credit. Had enough points to get 45% base pay.
I enjoyed both my time as enlisted (thru E-6) and my time as Officer. When I commissioned there was a definite feeling of starting over at the bottom but my enlisted experience made me a better officer and made for rapid promotions up the hawsepipe.
Whatever course you take, make the most of the opportunities the service gives to you.
Oryx
I just graduated out of Cape May and a large portion of our company had degrees and/or enough college credits to graduate as a SN/FN rather than SA/FA.
insulator_king
AG
Congrats on your commissioning.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.