Desert Storm/Military Card Collectors?

1,153 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by ArmyTanker
Grown Pear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking to see if there's any collectors here or those that served or have interest in Desert Storm.

My father is Class of '68 and Vietnam veteran. As a kid I grew up fascinated by his service and military in general. As such I collected some trading cards during Desert Storm era that I would like to pass on to someone who would get more value from them than me. I have almost the whole set but missing maybe one or two.

Please let me know if you would like them or know who would get the most out of them. Open for best story or a vote. Passing them on for $0/Free but would just appreciate shipping cost if not in Houston area. Few pics attached so you can see

Thanks & Gig'Em

JABQ04
AG
Man. I remember those from when I was a kid. My 1st cousin was in 3/504 82nd ABN then and my mom and aunt were all over the news. Same for when he was in Panama the year prior.
Naveronski
AG
I remember those too! I had a bunch when I was a kid; i was enamored with all things military and collected these at gun shows or wherever I could.

Pretty cool that you still have them.
BaitShack
AG
General Gray with the cover that would break if you dropped it.
ArmyTanker
You are very generous.

I had to do some research on Desert Storm for an Army brief.

Desert Storm was beautiful. Our Air Force and helicopters pounded the Iraqis who were stuck in the desert like tethered goats. An Air Force retired COL and military historian proposed the left hook to flank the Iraqi Divisions. The Marines fixed Iraqi Divisions to the East. 1ST CAV did feints up the middle to fix Iraqi Divisions to the South. It was quite exquisite for us to go West with heavy mechanized divisions. Many of the Iraqi Armored Divisions knew of our presence only after their tanks got blown up. The Center of Gravity, true strength, for the Iraqis were their Republican Guard Divisions and we rolled over them or they retreated to Iraq. The Iraqi Army decided to maneuver and retreat on the Highway of Death. They were in a long column heading to Iraq. The column formation is the worst formation when engaged by the enemy.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.