What's Russian for "Oh, s**t"?

1,085 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Old RV Ag
CanyonAg77
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://defbrief.com/2020/09/23/russia-su-35-reportedly-shoots-down-su-30-fighter-during-maneuver/

CanyonAg77
AG
A Russian Air Force Su-30 fighter aircraft crashed in the Tver region during a routine training flight on September 22, the Russian armed forces confirmed.

The press service added that the pilots managed to eject and that the aircraft landed in a wooded area, with no damages to objects on the ground.

Shortly after the confirmation of the accident, a Russian military information channel on the encrypted network Telegram said the Su-30 had actually been shot down by a Su-35 aircraft during a "dog fight" maneuver. The channel explained that the Su-35 had its missiles removed ahead of the exercise, but the aircraft's cannons had accidentally remained loaded.
F4GIB71
A kill's a kill
F4GIB71
Old RV Ag
AG
While I don't think the US has had a shoot down incident (in the modern era) but we have had inflight collisions. But, the fact it seems he actually (just read was cannon) fired makes me think the other guy was sleeping with his wife!

I base this on a true story. An Ag who was a year ahead of me was killed in a training accident. He was soloing in a single engine prop for the first time and his instructor was flying another one. They had an "accident" when their wings "touched" - the Ag lost controlled and died in the crash. The instructor landed safely. Turns out the Ag was sleeping with the instructor's wife. They officially labeled it a training incident. Don't know what happened to the instructor's career.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.