Lying about service...

2,799 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Scoopen Skwert
TechPracAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I recently encountered someone who is a current female officer in the Army who flat out lied about 5 deployments (only been on 1) also lied about multiple medals. Is this common?

Is there any way to verify these things?
clarythedrill
Really no way to verify. Some people consider anything a deployment, and some things other than a trip to Iraq or Afghanistan are considered deployments, such as to Kuwait, Qatar, the Baltics, etc..... Some even consider a trip to NTC or JRTC a deployment, which it isnt. So, she MAY have been counting BS trips as a deployment.

As for awards, who knows.
cavscout96
AG
Was she an Aggie?

Serious question? Why do you care? How does it impact you? It will likely catch up to her in due time, so unless it impacts you, why stress over it?
74OA
AG
TechPracAggie said:

I recently encountered someone who is a current female officer in the Army who flat out lied about 5 deployments (only been on 1) also lied about multiple medals. Is this common?

Is there any way to verify these things?
If you have no verification, why do you believe she's lying?
TechPracAggie
It's a long, complicated story... It was a relationship situation. Lots of things outside of the lying about service blew up. From what I can tell and her family as led me to believe, she may have a serious deception problem.

I was able to verify the deployments through her family which she admitted once confronted. She also said she received a Purple Heart and a Distinguished Flying Cross that once I finally saw her uniform ribbons, were clearly not there.

I mean, these things were kind of irrelevant since she forgot about the other dude she was banging.

What is strange is I have known her for a long time and this type of behavior is new within the last 5 years or so.
F4GIB71
Stolen valor can happen inside the military too. I knew a guy who borrowed a mutual friend's Mess Dress. The problem was he wore it with the other guys medals, including a Silver Star. Gave him hell over it.
F4GIB71
TechPracAggie
Yeah, I was suprised to see it from a field-grade officer, but whatever.
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

What is strange is I have known her for a long time and this type of behavior is new within the last 5 years or so.
Some forms of mental illness appear in your 20s.

Or perhaps she simply advanced through the ranks beyond her competence level, and this is compensating behavior.
strbrst777

U.S. Senator Richard Blumenthal (D-CT) lied...told a whopper. Said that he served in Viet Nam. He never set foot in Viet Nam. I asked an Aggie classmate who voted for him how a man like that could be elected to the Senate. Easy: Blumenthal was probably just feeling guilty about NOT having served in Viet Nam. Huh?
SquirrellyDan
AG
Drives me crazy that the AF calls assignments in DC, England, Hawaii, etc "deployments."
Hey Nav
AG
Quote:

Drives me crazy that the AF calls assignments in DC, England, Hawaii, etc "deployments."
Say what? Please expound...

I haven't heard this one.
bigtruckguy3500
What is considered a "real" deployment has definitely changed over the last 19 years. Training dets can suck, sometimes worse than real deployments, but I wouldn't consider them deployments. That being said, for some people prolonged periods away from home and family is the hardest part of a deployment, and even the "easy" deployments can sometimes be harder on them because of the lack of purpose. The groundhog day effect, for example.
USAFAg
AG
Hey Nav said:

Quote:

Say what? Please expound...

I haven't heard this one.
Neither have I.....

12thFan/Websider Since 2003
expresswrittenconsent
TechPracAggie said:

It's a long, complicated story... It was a relationship situation. Lots of things outside of the lying about service blew up. From what I can tell and her family as led me to believe, she may have a serious deception problem.

I was able to verify the deployments through her family which she admitted once confronted. She also said she received a Purple Heart and a Distinguished Flying Cross that once I finally saw her uniform ribbons, were clearly not there.

I mean, these things were kind of irrelevant since she forgot about the other dude she was banging.

this whole thread is because a girl you hooked up with was also hooking up with another guy? Oof.
Scoopen Skwert
AG
Jody is a mutha flucker ain't he!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.