Oldest starts Basic today

1,868 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by The Good Aggieboy19
zaab
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Proud dad today. My oldest, who had to find his own path after high school, starts basic today at Fort Jackson, then on to ATC at Fort Rucker. These pics were from our last weekend together getting some father/son time

jja79
AG
Congratulations.
Naveronski
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
JABQ04
Hey Nav
AG
Congrats, Pop.

Fortunately, Ft Jackson is lovely in August
Moy
Congratulations!

Was he quarantined in Receiving at Ft Jackson for 2 weeks prior to BCT?
zaab
AG
Yes he is. At first it was because he was from TX and it's a hotspot but then they quarantined everybody
txaggie_06
AG
Congrats to you and best of luck to him!
zaab
AG
Just talked to him. Over half his platoon tested positive (he did not). Forgive me if I don't know all the details but he said he was one of the few that qualified physically for airborne but didn't make airborne. He needed to qualify that for his job? Other than that, he's confined to his barracks and has not had a lot of sleep. He sounded whipped. Already does not like his drill instructor. Lol

JABQ04
AG
When I went to basic we had several who had airborne contracts ( go to airborne school after basic/ait) and then in AIT asked if anybody else wanted to go. Don't remember how many spots, but everyone interested was put into an order of merit list and however many were able to go. Of course then they were all sent to Fort Bragg.
The Good Aggieboy19
AG
Any update? How's he doing?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.