Philadelphia Navy Yard

1,204 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Lee72
wareagle044
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Any Aggies have any connections to anyone with some clout at the Philadelphia Navy Yard?

My dad was on the USS El Paso's first crew in 1969 - Its part of the reserve fleet at the Philadelphia Navy Yard and slated for disposal.

I've put together some commemorative items for my dad this year (to include a .308 Win Rifle designed to look like the ship), but would like to see if it would be possible to get him on deck one last time.

Last time I was there in 2015/2016 - it seemed as if I was the only person in the yard. I was able to take several pics of the ship, and I've yet to find a contact there to reach out to. Obviously could be difficult to talk someone into allowing a firearm on military property but ideal situation would be to give him the USS El Paso rifle on the deck of the craft which was his first home away from his parents for 4 years before going to college

Any creative ideas or leads to connections shoot me an email

Wareagle044 at gmail dot com

One time Ranger65 sent me a message on TexAgs and got a signed picture of him awarding a bronze star to one of my friends in Afghanistan, so I have high hopes of the power of TexAgs
Lee72
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Here's the contact info for the shipyard from their website...you might try one or both as a start.

PIDC - THE NAVY YARD
4747 South Broad Street
Building 101, Suite 120
Philadelphia, PA 19112
Telephone
215-THE-YARD
215-843-9273

Navy Inactive Ship Maintenance Facility
Building Number: Building 545
Navy Yard Building/Site Address:
4701 S. Broad Street, The Navy Yard, Philadelphia, PA
Main Telephone Number: 215-897-674

Regards,
Lee72
CAPT USN (Ret)
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.