#Defund the Corps

7,120 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by 2004FIGHTINTXAG
2004FIGHTINTXAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Apparently Kellen Mond not only wants Sully taken down, but believes the Corps is racist and should be defunded. This guy has lost his mind. I'd post the tweet snapshot, but don't have premium to do it on my phone.
Naveronski
AG
I remember being voluntold to attend many events as a cadet that I didn't want to, maybe this will end the football ones.

Since Mond thinks the Corps is racist, why should we support him?
CT'97
AG
Quote:

I've never interacted with a current player on social media and I'm fine if it never happens again. But this thing with Mond and the Corps bothered me a lot, so I direct messaged him on Twitter and he replied. I asked if I could share his response to my question and he said sure. Obviously you can believe me or not. You can also believe me and not believe his response.

Me - Do you think we should defund the Corps at A&M? FTR I graduated from A&M, but wasn't in the Corp.

Mond - No I don't think so at all. I think racism needs to stop as a whole though.

Me - Agree with you. Color of a person's skin doesn't matter. What matters is whether they are good or bad. GL

Me - Would you be ok with me sharing your reply on Texags? I won't do it without your permission and I understand if you don't want me to.

Mond - yeah no problem.
Not mine, just sharing info so everyone knows the rest of the story.
Texas A&M - 144 years of tradition, unimpeded by progress.
2004FIGHTINTXAG
A follow-on tweet by Mond clarifying his public stance vice a one-on-one private conversation would have been appropriate given that he insinuated via twitter that he would like to get rid of the Corps.
emando2000
AG
CT'97 said:

Quote:

I've never interacted with a current player on social media and I'm fine if it never happens again. But this thing with Mond and the Corps bothered me a lot, so I direct messaged him on Twitter and he replied. I asked if I could share his response to my question and he said sure. Obviously you can believe me or not. You can also believe me and not believe his response.

Me - Do you think we should defund the Corps at A&M? FTR I graduated from A&M, but wasn't in the Corp.

Mond - No I don't think so at all. I think racism needs to stop as a whole though.

Me - Agree with you. Color of a person's skin doesn't matter. What matters is whether they are good or bad. GL

Me - Would you be ok with me sharing your reply on Texags? I won't do it without your permission and I understand if you don't want me to.

Mond - yeah no problem.
Not mine, just sharing info so everyone knows the rest of the story.
That person was asked to provide screen shots as proof vs typing it out on Texags and could not. It's believed to be fake. Aggie Code of Honor?

It fake until actual proof is given.
CanyonAg77
AG
Are you saying the Mond Tweet is fake?

It is not, I saw it.

https://www.expressnews.com/sports/college_sports/aggies/article/Voices-A-M-QB-Mond-s-comments-on-removing-15354932.php

Quote:

Mond then retweeted an ambiguous post claiming "90 percent of racist comments" on a Twitter thread regarding racism at A&M "have been about the corps" Texas A&M's Corps of Cadets, the heartbeat of the university. The post Mond retweeted included the hashtag: "Defund the Corps."

Mond's retweet about the Corps prompted much more angst from A&M fans than anything to do with the Ross statue. Mond, who could not be reached for comment, later removed the retweet.
emando2000
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

It is not, I saw it.

https://www.expressnews.com/sports/college_sports/aggies/article/Voices-A-M-QB-Mond-s-comments-on-removing-15354932.php

Quote:

Mond then retweeted an ambiguous post claiming "90 percent of racist comments" on a Twitter thread regarding racism at A&M "have been about the corps" Texas A&M's Corps of Cadets, the heartbeat of the university. The post Mond retweeted included the hashtag: "Defund the Corps."

Mond's retweet about the Corps prompted much more angst from A&M fans than anything to do with the Ross statue. Mond, who could not be reached for comment, later removed the retweet.

"I've never interacted with a current player on social media and I'm fine if it never happens again. But this thing with Mond and the Corps bothered me a lot, so I direct messaged him on Twitter and he replied. I asked if I could share his response to my question and he said sure. Obviously you can believe me or not. You can also believe me and not believe his response.

Mond - yeah no problem."

No, I'm saying this dialogue between the poster and Mond was made up. It was on another thread. When the poster was question and asked to provide a screen shot of the convo, they couldn't. They were trying to calm tensions but it backfired.

Mond's tweet apparently happened before he took it down.
jim 78
AG
emando2000 said:

CanyonAg77 said:

It is not, I saw it.

Quote:

"I've never interacted with a current player on social media and I'm fine if it never happens again. But this thing with Mond and the Corps bothered me a lot, so I direct messaged him on Twitter and he replied. I asked if I could share his response to my question and he said sure. Obviously you can believe me or not. You can also believe me and not believe his response.

Mond - yeah no problem."

No, I'm saying this dialogue between the poster and Mond was made up. It was on another thread. When the poster was question and asked to provide a screen shot of the convo, they couldn't. They were trying to calm tensions but it backfired.

Mond's tweet apparently happened before he took it down.
I know this is an old post but I tweeted mond about this and never really got an answer. He sent me a thumbs up when I asked if he'd apologized for tweeting defundthedcorps. That's all I got. I don't consider that an answer.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
If the Corps had an Afro-American and a female as it's Commander, how is that racist ?
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
2004FIGHTINTXAG
So, did that conversation with Mond actually happen or did someone make it up?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.