Sarge's On Northgate Closed

1,704 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Ulysses90
SpiDer2008
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not sure if y'all saw but apparently closed at the end of last month. Lots of random stuff in there but I liked that place. Who the hell is going to sell spitoons to the corps now? 2020 is definitely on my **** list.
JABQ04
AG
Meh. Some minor nostalgia associated with it, but probably 98% of everything was junk. Always hated having to sift through piles and piles of things to look for stuff. I always favored Loupots on George Bush (I think it's an Aggieland Outfitters now) for Corps stuff. It was clean and had all the brass, ribbons and medals. Plus good selection of Corps T-shirts.
TXAG 05
AG
I thought they closed down years ago.
Ulysses90
AG
I am sorry to see them close as well. Aside from sabers I can't think what they would sell that could not be found elsewhere more readily in the age of the internet and Amazon. It used to be that Sarge's was where you went to buy the Ridgeway covers and other obsolete military uniform items that the Corps of Cadets still used.

I made good money one year competing against Sarge's inflated prices for Bonfire pots. I had a crate of 500 helmet liners shipped to my dorm room (a first deck room on the quad) and sold them out the window for about half what Sarge's charged and they for the most part in better conditions than what Sarge's was selling.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.