German WW2 Memorabilia.

1,696 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by 5-2 Stew 84
Southlake
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I collected WW2 German stuff ever since I was a kid. Big day today as my Uncle sent me a Walther P-38 my Grandfather captured during the war. Completes my sidearm collection of a Luger, Mouser, Walter PPK and P-38.

I also have many insignia and medals.

Anybody else have any stuff?
purplehayes
I live in Germany! I think they have a WW1 and WW2 participation ribbon somewhere here...
Old RV Ag
AG
I've got a Luftwaffe officer's ceremonial dagger. It's a weird mix of evil and exquisite workmanship. I normally don't collect such things. This came from my wife's uncle who lifted off a German officer at the end of the war. It's on a shelf in a closet. Never been sure what to do with it.
Buck Turgidson
Back in the 70s there was enough demand for that stuff that they were making pretty decent reproductions. Used to be a cool store in the Rice Village that had tons of cool things from all periods of history, but the leftist mob ran them out (refused to renew their lease). It was called Lancer Militaria.
hillcountryag86
AG
Have my grandfather's Colt 1911 he carried in WW II. And I have two German armbands-red w/black swastikas.
Orbital Debris
AG
I have a wooden toy autogyro that my uncle brought back from Germany and gave to my mother. It is set up like a boomerang so you can throw it and have it return. We used to throw it until we realized what an antique it was. It is discretely (due to all the swastikas) hung on a wall in my house. More as a memento from my mother's youth than anything else.

Also a brass pickelhaub that my grandfather brought back from WW1.
5-2 Stew 84
AG

We used to do WW 2 reenacting in College Station and Austin.
I have a replica Sd.Kfz 222
A replica Kubelwagen
and motorcycle w/ side car.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.