Grunts in the sky...a10 in Afghanistan

2,698 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by who?mikejones
AgBQ-00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thought many would enjoy this 20 minute short documentary. Always thought the A10 would be the aircraft I would have liked to fly.

Communists aren't people. They are property of the state.
JABQ04
AG
Definitely an awesome sight to behold. Got to watch them doing runs on the hills and mountains around FOB Wright in Kunar Province. Even thought it was more impressive than F18s dropping 500 lb bombs on POO sights around the base.
Eliminatus
AG
I just posted elsewhere of groups of people I buy beers for unquestioningly. CAS pilots are on that list. Former grunt and love those ugly ass birds in the sky!

After I got out I wandered in life lost for several years and my biggest regret is not getting my life in order in time and going for A10s or other CAS. It was something that I always wanted to do but just didn't happen. Outside the window now.

Thanks for the vid
JABQ04
AG
You buy for artillery men? I'm always down for a drink or 12!
Rabid Cougar
AG
JABQ04 said:

Definitely an awesome sight to behold. Got to watch them doing runs on the hills and mountains around FOB Wright in Kunar Province. Even thought it was more impressive than F18s dropping 500 lb bombs on POO sights around the base.
SAME! Near OP Nevada... F-18 two dry runs and then on the third run.... small nuclear mushroom! x 4 times.

March 2011 Strong Eagle III to the south of Op Nevada. Watched the A-10's working. LOTS of gun runs flying below the clouds.
JABQ04
AG
Nevada was the one across the River right?
Rabid Cougar
AG
JABQ04 said:

Nevada was the one across the River right?
Yep. Bull Run was the one above the FOB that looked like a castle.
Aggie12B
AG
A-10s doing Close Air Support is a BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL sight to behold.
who?mikejones
AG
A good Aggie I'm sure most of you are already familiar with. Relevant to the op.

https://taskandpurpose.com/unsung-heroes-10-pilots-intentionally-drew-enemy-fire-protect-trapped-marines?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_content=tp-facebook&utm_campaign=culture
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.