Knife Fight in the Dark

2,071 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by cavscout96
74OA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MOH
Tango_Mike
his book (House to House) is pretty good. I read it several years ago, and on the inside cover it mentioned that he had been recommended for the MoH. I thought it was kinda presumptuous at the time, but I guess I don't realize how long it takes to get one of those approved
hds
AG
The original award from early 2005 was downgraded to a Silver Star. The Pentagon has recently reviewed many awards and it was upgraded to MOH.

I attended the ceremony at the White House and Pentagon. He is very humble and always mentions his fellow Alpha Company soldiers.

Also his company commander in Iraq was an Aggie!
metrag06
AG
I'm going ask a really stupid (and probably pointless) question that I've always wondered:

In cases like this, where the original award is upgraded - does he keep the Silver Star or do you not get both?
hds
AG
That is a good question. I just looked at his uniform and does not have the Silver Star ribbon on there but does have MOH ribbon.
Tango_Mike
metrag06 said:

I'm going ask a really stupid (and probably pointless) question that I've always wondered:

In cases like this, where the original award is upgraded - does he keep the Silver Star or do you not get both?

He did have the ribbon on during the MoH presentation, so maybe he keeps it?
hds
AG
The next day at Pentagon ceremony it was not there.
Silver Star ribbon was replaced by MOH ribbon.
Tango_Mike
hds said:

The next day at Pentagon ceremony it was not there.
Silver Star ribbon was replaced by MOH ribbon.
Thanks, that's interesting. I hadn't seen your response before I posted the pic. It's really awesome that you got to be there
metrag06
AG
Interesting - thanks!
cavscout96
AG
The CO was Sean Sims. c/o '94.

Really good dude. Left a wife and young son. His death was a real kick in the junk.

'94 has lost at least 3 fighting in the middle East

Sean Sims. IN
Matt Worrell. AV
Todd Clark. AR

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.