Gen R. You're gonna get asked this sooner or later

2,597 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by StrykerAg
aggiejim70
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Are there plans in the works for the FTAB to go to Clemson and if so will they perform or just play in the stands?
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
Warrior 66
Just like last year, we will work those plans this spring for all the away games next fall.

Right now, my intent is to definitely send either the entire Band to march, or possibly an upperclassman Band to march, assuming we are allowed to march at halftime at Clemson. At the very least, a 100 piece Band of white belts to play in the stands will go to Clemson if we are not allowed to march at halftime. Those decisions can't be determined until we discuss with each of the schools we will be playing in their stadiums.

As I have done in the past, I will announce our decisions concerning the Aggie Band once we have discussed halftime possibilities with all the schools we will be playing away next Fall.

Beat the Hell Outta Texas State!
aggiejim70
AG
Thank you for the update, could you please shed some light on the funding. I'm sure there are plenty of us that will do what we can if necessary, but I'd like to see us move past the "pass the hat" every year.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
Warrior 66
Will do. Once we know where we are going and with what sized Band, we will look at funding and determine if we will need help to send the Band. We'll keep all posted.

Thanks for your support! BTHO Texas State! (I'm ready for football season already!)
Hey Nav
AG
It's great to be at an away game and have the FTAB there.

BTHoutta Texas State!
Naveronski
AG
Commandant79 said:

Will do. Once we know where we are going and with what sized Band, we will look at funding and determine if we will need help to send the Band. We'll keep all posted.

Thanks for your support! BTHO Texas State! (I'm ready for football season already!)

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I'm curious.

Does it come down to the host school "allowing" us to march, the cost of sending everyone to the game, or some their variable?
Warrior 66
In the SEC, host school Athletic Departments make the determination whether to allow visiting teams to bring bands to march, or just bring a band to play in the stands and not march. Its their call.

Unfortunately, more and more schools in the SEC are opting to do "other things" during halftime, and are not allowing visiting school bands to march.

Once we know what host schools are willing to allow the Aggie Band to do, we make the decision whether to send the entire Band or "upperclassmen Band" (usually based on time of year and experience level of the fish) to march at halftime, or a 100 piece White Belt Band to just play in the stands. Its all dependent on what the host school is willing to allow the Aggie Band to do.

Money plays a big part in all of this as well, but the past 2 seasons we have had the Aggie Band (either the entire Band, the "upperclassmen Band," or a 100 piece Band) at every game - including all away games. Once we know what host schools will allow this coming Fall, we have to look at what we can afford wrt sending the band to an away game. Fortunately we have gotten the funding the past 2 seasons. My hope is that we will be able to do the same next season, once we know what the away game host schools will allow us to do.

I will provide an update once we have verified what host schools will allow us to do, and what we may need for funding to send the Band to all away games.
Naveronski
AG
Thank you for the insight! Looking forward to the update.
StrykerAg
AG
Took my son to Columbia this past season for his first Aggie Football game and we were fortunate enough to be seated right in front of the Band.

Gotta love post-victory War Hymns on the road
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.