Head Yell Leader

6,738 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by hillcountryag86
Agdorm12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone have any intel on Head Yell Leader quitting the Corps this week?!!!
hillcountryag86
AG
Whoa!! Will there be a non-reg head yell leader??
Agdorm12
AG
Technically, you are correct HC, as always.
hillcountryag86
AG
So the CT, he gone.
JABQ04
AG
Head yell leader quits the Corps with just under a semester to go? That's new
Wildman15
AG
****ing new army bull***** Or something seriously wrong must have happened. You dont go 3.5 years and then decide to skip out on the easiest semester in the Corps.
Aggie118
AG
Does this say more about him, or about the direction of the corps? I say the latter. It's become a place where the head yell leader (arguably a quad celebrity) doesn't even want to be.
CT'97
AG
wow, lots of jumps going on here, try not to fall to far you might hurt yourselves.
Aggie118
AG
Additionally, I have heard that finances had a lot to do with it. His outfit, E-2 has also been obliterated pretty much and is a shell of what it used to be.
hillcountryag86
AG
CT'97 said:

wow, lots of jumps going on here, try not to fall to far you might hurt yourselves.
It's TexAgs. But you are right. Heard he's a great guy. May very well be circumstances for which he had to make a difficult decision. Wish the man all the best.
Wildman15
AG
CT'97 said:

I've fallen alot, havent needed to go to the hospital yet.

It's just very strange to see a cadet head yell leader punch from the corps in his last semester. Makes you hope for the best, but expect the worst.
2004FIGHTINTXAG
Interesting this is.
74OA
AG
If the cadet hasn't made a complaint or indicated any mistreatment, why are we assuming such exists?

Ever consider that you're intruding on what may be a tough time in his personal life when he'd prefer to be left the hell alone?

JWAggie1991
AG
Aggie118
AG
He is still a yell leader (wears whites) he's just not in the corps.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Aggie118 said:

There has to be more to this story.
TXAggieMom11
Ol Jock 99 said:

Aggie118 said:

There has to be more to this story.

Of course there is.
zephyr88
AG
Maybe he left early for the draft...
tgray99
AG
So...has anything come out of this?
BQ_90
AG
zephyr88 said:

Transfer portal
Wildman15
AG
zephyr88 said:

"Respect my decision"
CanyonAg77
AG
I'll say that in my experience, the folks with visible roles; Yell Leaders, COs, Rev handler, Drum Major, etc.....

Some could handle the exposure and "fame".

Some could not, becoming insufferable 'legends in their own mind'.

Don't know if that applies here, but there's a lot of attention and stress in the positions. Not all do well.
Jsimonds58
AG
He stopped showing up to damn near everything and it was either quit or be kicked out, he chose the less humiliating.
TXAggieMom11
He should have been allowed to transfer units last fall when he requested.
Aggie118
AG
I would like to add that this was an issue of toxic leadership and environment within the outfit that contributed to the outcome. It was not just simply him deciding to not show up to anything ever. E-2 is just a shell of what it used to be. While I don't condone apathy when it comes to being a member of a unit, it is certainly understandable why we are seeing this more and more when an outfits culture is gutted and destroyed.
hillcountryag86
AG
Aggie118 said:

I would like to add that this was an issue of toxic leadership and environment within the outfit that contributed to the outcome. It was not just simply him deciding to not show up to anything ever. E-2 is just a shell of what it used to be. While I don't condone apathy when it comes to being a member of a unit, it is certainly understandable why we are seeing this more and more when an outfits culture is gutted and destroyed.
I'll get off track from the thread -- by any chance is bringing in, and moving out, leadership a reason you are suggesting for destroying outfit culture?
Aggie118
AG
I believe that it can be a contributing factor when done unnecessarily, yes. In the case of E-2, they have obviously had bigger blows to their outfit culture in the past couple of years.
Jsimonds58
AG
what you're getting at I assume is being integrated?
Aggie118
AG
Yes. Force integrating with a bunch of female cadets who didn't want to move to E-2 themselves. The female cadet they picked as Leadership (1SGT) to lead the charge quit halfway through the year. Women make up roughly 16% of the Corps (the number is dropping), this making integration of E-2 unnecessary as it was not like the corps was running out of outfits that are a good fit for female cadets. I say all this to say that it was a political move; one that destroyed E-2s outfit culture. Had it been done in a different way under different circumstances (such as an actual NEED to open it up for females) I think things would be different and they would have been able to hold onto their identity.
Jsimonds58
AG
You and I both know exactly why the outfit was integrated and there was no stopping it. If it had stayed the way it was it wouldn't be long before people started suing due to being denied equal opportunity in a student organization. Now onto your other point, what excatly was the culture that was in place that couldn't be upheld with females around? Because like the CTO's like to say all the time we are not a military organization, I've been in the army infantry for 6 years and while I think it's important that we are all male in that area because you make a better fighting team I have yet to see a single thing in the corps that being an all outfit would make better or change. Besides being able to walk around with your nuts hanging out on the way to the shower it really makes no difference and is foolish to make that the reason you become a bag and don't participate anymore in the corps.
hillcountryag86
AG
I think it would be wrong to assume this young man left the Corps because E-2 was integrated.
Jsimonds58
AG
I totally agree
Aggie118
AG
As do I, no one is saying that's why he quit, I'm just doing my best to explain a lot of the apathy that is going on in E-2 at the moment.
hillcountryag86
AG
I've never met him. But, I understand he is a fine young man -sharp, smart, great person. There may very well be circumstances beyond his control which led to separating.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.