We buried my little cousin yesterday - A thank you!

1,946 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by sharpdressedman
Charpie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yesterday, we buried my little cousin. Well, he wasn't really little. He was 41 and had served our country from the time he was 19. He served two tours in Iraq, and was part of the team that brought in Sadamm. He let the Army and set his home in Harker Heights with his wife. Last week, he had a work accident in Austin that took his life. I'm still struggling with the thought that he managed to survive two tours of duty in Iraq and we lost him to a work accident years after he was in the military. He leaves behind a wife and two young kids.

I wanted our military for what they do and how they surround the families that are left behind as a result of a loss of life. Thanks to those who showed up to guard the funeral home with American flags, to those who went with us to the cemetery, to those who served with his unit who came from all over the country to be sure to say goodbye. To the veterans who said that the current soldiers didn't fold his flag correctly and refolded it. I shed a lot of tears yesterday, but they were mostly tears of appreciation for our current and former service men and women. I'll never be able to thank you enough on behalf of my family.

You are truly special, and I thank you for your service.
Fly Army 97
Thanks for sharing that. Here.
Warrior 66
Sincere condolences for the loss of your cousin. Tragic loss for the entire family, I'm sure.

God bless him and his family. And God bless all those who made his funeral service the truly dignified service that he deserved.

Lest we forget...
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Here !
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
Rock1982
AG
Charpie, saddened for your loss.

God bless you and your family.
sharpdressedman
For years your posts have entertained, enlightened, and encouraged me. Thank you.

I am very sorry for your loss, and I appreciate you sharing the details of the very dignified memorial service.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.