Uniforms and wear at other SMCs

3,570 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by HollywoodBQ
HollywoodBQ
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Because this information was requested on a different thread:

After the Corps of Cadets sweatshirt situation on Saturday, I asked my current VMI cadet if they ever wore the A&M equivalent of a Class C uniform to a football game. I'm 92% sure I've seen them wear the equivalent of PT gear to Basketball games.

This led to a discussion about how many uniforms they have at VMI, and under what conditions they wear them. My cadet was pretty shocked that A&M had so few uniforms as I described them.
  • Class A - WWII style "Pinks & Greens"
  • Class B - WWII style tan uniform - what my grandfather who served in the South Pacific referred to as "Suntans"
  • Class C - Pickle Suit/BDU/ACU/OCP Utility uniform
Here are the unofficial VMI Uniform descriptions:
  • Coatee
  • Grey Blouse
  • Class (delta yankee kilo echo)
  • ACUs
  • Gym (delta yankee kilo echo)
  • (bath)Robe
I did a little digging around the VMI web site for some pictures and found lots of training pictures in the equivalent of C's T's and combat boots. I also found some photos of basketball games with cadets wearing heavy gray wool pants with t-shirts that said "Beat Citadel"

To answer the question about whether VMI has ever worn ACUs to a football game is "YES". This year, in anticipation of Hurricane Florence, the football game against Eastern Tennessee State was moved to a Friday and the entire VMI Corps of Cadets attended in ACUs. This video shows the VMI Corps wearing ACUs to the ETSU football game.

Here's another sample week at VMI showing a mix of uniforms. The boxing competition is an annual thing when they play The Citadel. Since this video shows pictures from inside the barracks, as A&M continues to improve the Corps dorms, VMI's "barracks" dates to pre-Civil War.

Ag_of_08
AG
Thank you for the answer.

I was not , for the record, insinuating anything about the correlation, I was really just curious. This forum tends to be far and away more knowledgeable on military topics than most outlets I could ask that question on.
2004FIGHTINTXAG
I think the biggest issue with Saturday was the sweatshirt over the ACU pants.

I don't think there would have been as much pushback if they had worn full ACUs.
F4GIB71
HollywoodBQ, I would like to talk to you about VMI but can't send PM to your account. Would you send me your email Thanks.
HollywoodBQ
AG
I just sent you an Email so you can remove your address from this page.
I'm in Lexington, VA right now for the Class of 2020 Ring Figure.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.