General Ramirez.

10,803 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by FIDO 96
Ol Jock 99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
champagnepapi said:

Psych, let me guess. You were a D&C cadet right?

Wow.
champagnepapi
Ol Jock 99 said:

champagnepapi said:

Wow.

Yeah, those are the old cadets who get the most upset and can never let the Corps go and for some reason think it's still "their Corps ". Most people that moved on into the service could give two sh*ts about what the cadets are marching in. But Psych, brought his concern over a uniform, of which he cannot control, to a psychotic level of madness.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Funny, I heard from a retired major and 2 active duty LTCs who were less than impressed. But what do I know; I was just a lowly D&C guy.
champagnepapi
Ol Jock 99 said:

Funny, I heard from a retired major and 2 active duty LTCs who were less than impressed. But what do I know; I was just a lowly D&C guy.

Classic Field Grade mentality. I'm so scared. You got me on that one. Touch. Bring in CSM next!
Ol Jock 99
AG
So D&C guys aren't worth ***** And guys who stayed in the military past 5 years aren't worth **** either. You have an awful slim amplitude of respect don't you?
champagnepapi
Ol Jock 99 said:

So D&C guys aren't worth ***** And guys who stayed in the military past 5 years aren't worth **** either. You have an awful slim amplitude of respect don't you?

I'm past 5 my dude. Just never understood why people get so bent out of shape over things like this.
Ag_of_08
AG
Non reg question: are the service academies required to attend in their equivelant to class b or a uniforms? Are they even given permission to wear what was worn Saturday?
JWAggie1991
AG
Ag_of_08 said:

Non reg question: are the service academies required to attend in their equivelant to class b or a uniforms? Are they even given permission to wear what was worn Saturday?
What do the service academies and what they are given permission to wear have to do with A&M?
Ag_of_08
AG
I asked a question, not making a comparison. It was curiosity what the cadet there are allowed to do. My curiosity would extend to vmi and the citadel as well.

It matters to me, if you don't want to answer or think it's irrelevant, it's not necessary to.
WBBQ74
AG
I would highly guess that Service Academy folks wear exactly what they are told to wear to a football game.

The Streetfighter addressed this promptly and directly. My speculation is that it was not his call this time but he is an honorable man and fine soldier/leader who knows how to give and take an order. Without b_itching about it. Matter is closed with me and should be with all the rest of you.

And I spent ~30 years as a commissioned officer so I get it. Can't say I always agreed with orders that floated down my way over the years. Last comment from me on this. Gig' em.
AllTheFishes
AG
Ag_of_08 said:

The Air Force Academy does it and I'm pretty sure I have seen West Point in ACU's at a football game.

Honestly I don't care what other schools do or don't do. The decision was made and the order was given to support the Maroon Out by wearing the C uniform and the Maroon Out T shirt. That decision has been addressed by the Commandant and untimely that's the end of the discussion.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
2004FIGHTINTXAG said:

BigJim49 AustinNowDallas said:

Wish we could have had those way back ! Those woolens could be very uncomfortable .

Especially the ties !

How many of those complaining talked to the Corpsmen ? They looked plenty happy !

Most military uniforms are uncomfortable. It's not about comfort. It's about discipline and wearing the uniform with pride and professionalism.

Proudly wore those uniforms plenty. Even when uncomfortable.

I can't remember ever being cold in them. If I was, I obviously survived and it must not have been that bad.

Glad they aren't going to wear that uniform again to the games.
You obviously weren't at SMU when a deluge hit - we were in woolens ! wouldn't wish that on anybody !
2004FIGHTINTXAG
champagnepapi said:

Ol Jock 99 said:

champagnepapi said:

Wow.

Yeah, those are the old cadets who get the most upset and can never let the Corps go and for some reason think it's still "their Corps ". Most people that moved on into the service could give two sh*ts about what the cadets are marching in. But Psych, brought his concern over a uniform, of which he cannot control, to a psychotic level of madness.

Active, retired, and D&C alike all care about the Corps.
2004FIGHTINTXAG
Ag_of_08 said:

Never seen the Naval Academy wear anything other than their Dress Blues at all their games.
Ag_of_08
AG
Couple of y'all seem to be under the impression that I condone this, or that I'm trying to make the comparison to justify it.

I do not, I think they looked like ass, and am glad the commandant has said it will never happen again. I'm also a non-reg with no military time, so I asked a question instead of offering an opinion in a format and place it was likely not wanted.

I would like to see a lot of cadets that can't right now learn to drill, in step and dressed down, and start respecting the university and the traditions by actually making the uniforms look decent when they wear them and putting some effort into appearance in public. Like I said though, non reg, not a cadet. The only bit of that i have enough experience to make serious commentary on is the actual drill/marching aspect, and I've spoken my piece about it.

Don't jump down my throat, I was just wondering.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
I thought since it was an early game the corps had permission to wear their pajamas.
Fly Army 97
JWAggie1991 said:

Ag_of_08 said:

What do the service academies and what they are given permission to wear have to do with A&M?

Dude comes on here noting he's a non-reg, and you highside? Cmon. It's a fair question given the hormonal outrage here.
Aggiehunter34
S
AggieBaseball06 said:

Psych said:

The Shank Ag said:

Some people actually care about the corps.

This is the type of **** a 3rd rate ROTC would do, but not our corps of cadets.
1. How many threads are you going to post that statement on?
2. How many times are you going to demand that G-Ram/the bulls/TexAgs Staff PM you? And how quickly do they have to respond before you threaten to fight them in the parking lot?
3. There is no way that you are a grown, mature adult. This is embarrassing.

Aggie1
AG
enough

this thread needs to be locked - or better yet, removed entirely!!
Ol Jock 99
AG
So why bump an inactive thread?
Scruffy
AG
Aggie1 said:

enough

Who made you the boss?
Wildman15
AG
Aggie1 said:

enough

Don't tell us what to do!

Edit: but really, this thread was inactive for 3 days before you decided to jump in on the action
Roger Goodell
Bump
FIDO 96
AG
This!
Ol Jock 99
AG
You had a reminder set to bump this, didn't you?
FIDO 96
AG
I assume you were an E-1 Jock fish my Zip year. Your CO, Buddy, and I were pretty good friends, but we liked to prank each other. You are likely one of the culprits who shaving creamed and emptied dog food all over my room. I was the D-2 CO and my corner room overlooked Buddy's room across the quad. One night we were shining a red laser into his room and on him and he couldn't figure out where it was coming from...until about 810 jock fish showed up later that night. Good times.

And I got a chance to meet General Ramirez earlier this year at a luncheon in Dallas. He definitely "gets it" and I'm sure he'll do what he thinks is best for the Corps.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.