General Ramirez.

10,800 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by FIDO 96
Psych
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Man up and answer the former students who are on here and concerned about the decision to allow current cadets to wear sweat tops to the football game.
CT'97
AG
It's Saturday night, this isn't an emergency. It will be dealt with in due time.
The Shank Ag
Psych
AG
The Shank Ag said:

Some people actually care about the corps.

This is the type of **** a 3rd rate ROTC would do, but not our corps of cadets.
depriest1022
AG
Psych said:

The Shank Ag said:

You care about the corps so much that you don't care if the cadets are cold.

Got it. Makes perfect sense.
Psych
AG
depriest1022 said:

Psych said:

The Shank Ag said:

Bull *****

There are plenty of uniforms that aren't sweat tops that will keep them warm.
Drum5343
AG
depriest1022 said:

Psych said:

The Shank Ag said:

I usually laugh when old ags care so much about what the current cadets are doing. But honestly. It's not like this is the first time cadets have ever seen weather below 60 degrees.
Psych
AG
Drum5343 said:

depriest1022 said:

Psych said:

The Shank Ag said:

I usually laugh when old ags care so much about what the current cadets are doing. But honestly. It's not like this is the first time cadets have ever seen weather below 60 degrees.

Exactly. Look how many times I've cared enough to post on this board over the last couple of years. This was an awful decision that shouldn't go unpunished.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Cold? Seriously? Do they not get issued jackets, costs, and rain gear? Plus, what was it? Mid 40?"
----------------
Without the Corps, (A&M) would be just another huge public university. The Corps ensures our traditions will continue even as it reforms and modernizes itself. The Corps has its problems and its flaws but, like it or not,...it is the Corps that makes A&M different-and better. That is why I believe the Corps deserves the support of every Aggie. Including me.

-ranger65 01/31/08 (Dr Robert Gates)

depriest1022
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Cold? Seriously? Do they not get issued jackets, costs, and rain gear? Plus, what was it? Mid 40?"

First, 40 isn't cold? Ok

Second, are you guys seriously ruffled over this? Talk about 1st world snowflake issues.

Psych
AG
depriest1022 said:

Ol Jock 99 said:

First, 40 isn't cold? Ok

Second, are you guys seriously ruffled over this? Talk about 1st world snowflake issues.

Wow. You totally looked over the fact that he said there are many other options for this than sweats.

Yes, people are upset about this. And it has nothing to do with being snowflakes, idiot. There are a fair amount of people here who don't want the corps to look like ****, which we did today.

And to any staff who wants to edit me because i called him an idiot, he called a fair number of posters on here a snowflake first.
AggieBaseball06
AG
Psych said:

The Shank Ag said:

1. How many threads are you going to post that statement on?
2. How many times are you going to demand that G-Ram/the bulls/TexAgs Staff PM you? And how quickly do they have to respond before you threaten to fight them in the parking lot?
3. There is no way that you are a grown, mature adult. This is embarrassing.
depriest1022
AG
AggieBaseball06 said:

Psych said:

The Shank Ag said:

2. How many times are you going to demand that G-Ram/the bulls/TexAgs Staff PM you? And how quickly do they have to respond before you threaten to fight them in the parking lot?

Psych
AG
AggieBaseball06 said:

Psych said:

The Shank Ag said:

2 threads.

I'm not going to threaten to fight a General in the parking lot. Are you really that stupid?

Yes I'm grown. No, I'm not embarrassing.

What else can i answer for you?
Psych
AG
depriest1022 said:

AggieBaseball06 said:

Psych said:

The Shank Ag said:

So you'll thumbs up this but not respond to the other comments?
depriest1022
AG
Psych said:

depriest1022 said:

AggieBaseball06 said:

Psych said:

The Shank Ag said:

I happen to agree with poster I quoted. He makes an excellent point on how a mature adult would handle things. A mature person that wanted a real response to something they are upset about doesn't run to an internet message board (or twitter) and start multiple threads on different forums in the random hope that the person that they are upset with clicks on the thread to get screamed at through their keyboard. You did those things while using profanity which is a hallmark of immaturity. A mature person with real concerns would initiate a dialogue through phone calls (or emails) to set up a face to face meeting to discuss the issues.

What you did screams "Look at me! Look how concerned I am about what is going on with the Corps!" That is very unlikely to get to an actual path to resolution of your grievances.

Finally, while the Corps does provide one distinguishing aspect of Texas A&M, surely you are aware that there are Aggies that don't like the fact, that many times, the tv focus on the Corps during games takes away from the majority (95+%) of students and former students that have 0 affiliation with that organization. To those people, there are 1000s of things to love about Texas A&M that have nothing to do with the Corps, and those things get ignored because the Corps block provides good stock footage for tv. I support & appreciate the Corps, but I also understand their viewpoint.
trouble
AG
I'm much more embarrassed by your behavior here than students in sweatshirts.
Psych
AG
trouble said:

I'm much more embarrassed by your behavior here than students in sweatshirts.

I'm trying to get answers for why this was allowed to happen. I agree with the poster that says this was one of the worst decisions about the corps that has ever happened. The General has shown he will come here and answer questions if it causes enough of a stink on here. Am I going overboard? Yes, but it's worth it if it causes him to come and answer the questions that those of us have about this awful decision.

On a side note, it should be way more embarrassing to most people that the corps of cadets wore what they did on a nationally televised game than a random poster causing a stink on a message board.
Psych
AG
depriest1022 said:

Psych said:

depriest1022 said:

AggieBaseball06 said:

Psych said:

The Shank Ag said:

I happen to agree with poster I quoted. He makes an excellent point on how a mature adult would handle things. A mature person that wanted a real response to something they are upset about doesn't run to an internet message board (or twitter) and start multiple threads on different forums in the random hope that the person that they are upset with clicks on the thread to get screamed at through their keyboard. You did those things while using profanity which is a hallmark of immaturity. A mature person with real concerns would initiate a dialogue through phone calls (or emails) to set up a face to face meeting to discuss the issues.

What you did screams "Look at me! Look how concerned I am about what is going on with the Corps!" That is very unlikely to get to an actual path to resolution of your grievances.

Finally, while the Corps does provide one distinguishing aspect of Texas A&M, surely you are aware that there are Aggies that don't like the fact, that many times, the tv focus on the Corps during games takes away from the majority (95+%) of students and former students that have 0 affiliation with that organization. To those people, there are 1000s of things to love about Texas A&M that have nothing to do with the Corps, and those things get ignored because the Corps block provides good stock footage for tv. I support & appreciate the Corps, but I also understand their viewpoint.

That is not how it works anymore. They don't care about a couple of emails. The General will come here if it causes enough stink. He might not answer me directly, but once he is here, he will get asked the questions he needs to answer.
trouble
AG
You are a supposed grown adult throwing a fit on a public message board. The commandant's contact information is readily available. You could have just emailed or called him.

This is not a good look for someone who is so incredibly worried about how the Corps looks.
Psych
AG
trouble said:

You are a supposed grown adult throwing a fit on a public message board. The commandant's contact information is readily available. You could have just emailed or called him.

This is not a good look for someone who is so incredibly worried about how the Corps looks.

You know what's not a good look for the corps? Wearing what looks like pajamas to a football game.

And sending him an email is not what's going to make sure this doesn't happen again.
trouble
AG
Neither is your ranting.

All it's doing is making you look childish.
Psych
AG
trouble said:

Neither is your ranting.

All it's doing is making you look childish.

Oh yeah. What I'm doing is just as bad as the uniforms for the picture of the corps.

I don't care how it makes me look. I already said that I'm purposely throwing a fit to try to get the bulls attention. That's how it works these days. If People just sit by and let it happen, this will become a more common decision. A couple of emails won't even register to the bulls.
trouble
AG
Bless your little heart
Psych
AG
Thanks
Warrior 66
Well, THAT was an interesting read! Especially coming from a guy who apparently chose to post his displeasure on multiple threads on TexAgs.

I don't come on TexAgs often, but when I do, I usually do so to respond to rumors or allegations about the Corps being posted here. What I won't do is come on here and DEBATE anything with anybody. NOBODY benefits from those back and forth "dialogues."

I have also stated many times on here that I am always available for a face-to-face meeting, a phone call, or yes, even an e-mail. As long as you are willing to have a mature, adult, professional discussion about it - even if we disagree - I'm always amenable to that.

I don't get upset because people disagree with me, my staff, the cadets, or the decisions that are made by any one of us. We fully acknowledge that just like any other senior administration official at A&M, decisions we make are always under intense scrutiny. We acknowledge that virtually each and every day. I'm always willing to listen, and yes, even learn from comments made by others - as long as they're done in a manner that is respectful and professional. I know thats no longer how people deal with each other any more - especially on social media - but I'm still a believer that 2 people can engage in a discussion about something on a mature manner, disagree, and still be civil about it and walk away friends after all is said and done. Unfortunately that kind of thinking is going the way of the dinosaur these days.

You can contact my office at: (979)845-2811 and tell my secretary that you'd like to talk about the uniforms this past Saturday, and I'll take the call. If you choose to yell, curse, scream, etc, it'll be a very short conversation. If you want to voice your displeasure and your disagreement in a professional manner, I'll gladly hear you out. The choice is totally yours.

For what its worth, we will not have the Corps wear Cs to football games any more. The Corps will wear their Class A uniforms for the remaining 2 games this season, and will wear either Class Bs or Class As in the future. You can voice your displeasure about this past game's uniforms to me if you'd like, but please know that the Corps will not wear Cs for football games in the future.

Beat the Hell Outta UAB!
Wildman15
AG
Thank you, sir.
WBBQ74
AG
Works for me. It was a bad look on Saturday but it won't happen again.
Hey Nav
AG
Quote:

I'm always willing to listen, and yes, even learn from comments made by others - as long as they're done in a manner that is respectful and professional. I know thats no longer how people deal with each other any more - especially on social media - but I'm still a believer that 2 people can engage in a discussion about something on a mature manner, disagree, and still be civil about it and walk away friends after all is said and done. Unfortunately that kind of thinking is going the way of the dinosaur these days.
Something more people should read and heed.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Wish we could have had those way back ! Those woolens could be very uncomfortable .

Especially the ties !

How many of those complaining talked to the Corpsmen ? They looked plenty happy !
Psych
AG
Thank you for posting. I'm glad to hear that it won't happen again. Obviously you're a man and been through things I can't even imagine. I apologize for the tone of the messages. I am upset that the decision was made, but I only posted the rest of this to try to keep the conversation going to make sure it popped up on your radar.
2004FIGHTINTXAG
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas said:

Wish we could have had those way back ! Those woolens could be very uncomfortable .

Especially the ties !

How many of those complaining talked to the Corpsmen ? They looked plenty happy !

Most military uniforms are uncomfortable. It's not about comfort. It's about discipline and wearing the uniform with pride and professionalism.

Proudly wore those uniforms plenty. Even when uncomfortable.

I can't remember ever being cold in them. If I was, I obviously survived and it must not have been that bad.

Glad they aren't going to wear that uniform again to the games.
champagnepapi
Psych, let me guess. You were a D&C cadet right?
Hey Nav
AG
Quote:

I am upset that the decision was made, but I only posted the rest of this to try to keep the conversation going to make sure it popped up on your radar.
You should post less, Your method to "keep the conversation going" was childish. Your many comments on several threads, the ones deleted included, were not called for on a public website.

Call the Commandant's office and speak to him directly. Getting on a website and telling BG Ramirez to "man up" is low rent. You can call him out in such a way... but he would be crucified for doing likewise. He's a public figure and the Commandant of the Corps of Cadets at Texas A&M University and a retired BG in the US Army.

Please identify yourself by name and how you can be contacted.

Warrior 66
No harm, no foul, Psych. Obviously, you weren't alone in your concern about the choice of uniform yesterday. I've heard from many who aren't pleased. I appreciate your follow-up.

Again, this won't happen again. Lesson learned!

Thanks for your love of our Corps! BTHO UAB!
Page 1 of 2

Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.