Corps looks embarrassing, on national TV

4,542 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by rugger74
ord04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CBS even called out how most of the corps is in sweats... this is truly embarrassing and inexcusable for Corps leadership. National tv on Veterans Day weekend and this is how the Aggie Corps represents all the Aggie Veterans out there?

Even shots of the bqs showed cadets with snivel gear and hands in pockets.

I've heard it was muddy and rainy? Seriously? This is a real reflection of where discipline stands now.

There needs to be an explanation. Who's decision was this and what has become of our Corps?

Outlaw0206
AG
They clearly reviewed in regular ACUs before going back and grabbing their sweat shirt.. plenty of time to put on a different uniform and go to the game
Ol Jock 99
AG
I'm pretty easy going generally, but agree 100%.
Wildman15
AG
Outlaw0206 said:

They clearly reviewed in regular ACUs before going back and grabbing their sweat shirt.. plenty of time to put on a different uniform and go to the game
Exactly. If the band had time to go back and change before having to play the national anthem and spirit, then the rest of the Corps should have changed as well.
ArmyAg2002
AG
As I recall it rained most of the games in '98, yet we always we aways wore A's or B's.
Drum5343
AG
Yeah. As colonel brewer would put it...

What does the Aggie Band do when it rains?

We get wet!
Ol Jock 99
AG
ArmyAg2002 said:

As I recall it rained most of the games in '98, yet we always we aways wore A's or B's.

Yep. Boots were wet all fall.
StrykerAg
AG
Looked like trash. I would rather see them in regular ACUs and looking like every other ROTC than that garbage today.
Rubicante
AG
ag-bq-seventy
AG
Drum5343 said:

We get wet!
Well, in '66 or '67 we marched in raincoats for the FSU game. Regular headgear, though. I can still taste the dry cleaning fluid residue washing down my face.
dgrogers88
Spider69
AG
ag-bq-seventy said:

Drum5343 said:

We get wet!
Well, in '66 or '67 we marched in raincoats for the FSU game. Regular headgear, though. I can still taste the dry cleaning fluid residue washing down my face.

That was one of the wettest games I've been to! Had my future wife (of 49 yrs almost 50 years) as a date there! Ruined her new shoes and her umbrella (allowed then). But we've survived that one and worse ones!
Spider69
AG
Repeat the Line
Ol' Ted Hopgood killed the Corps
ABATTBQ87
AG
Spider69 said:

ag-bq-seventy said:

Drum5343 said:

We get wet!

That was one of the wettest games I've been to! Had my future wife (of 49 yrs almost 50 years) as a date there! Ruined her new shoes and her umbrella (allowed then). But we've survived that one and worse ones!
Baylor 1984: 44 minute mark

rugger74
AG
Those dadgum CT's look like they hated wearing sweats in that pic!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.