Disappointed in leadership.

3,454 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by CharlieBrown17
Psych
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm a former student, Letterman, and BQ. Whoever decided that the corps shouldn't at least be in khaki should be fired. We had more officers serve in WWII than all of the Military acadamies combined. Current corps leadership (bulls) should Be ashamed of themselves. If you're man enough, PM me so we can talk about it.
ord04
They are straight up embarrassing.
Psych
AG
No matter what anyone thinks. The only way we aren't different than any other university is the corps of cadets. Whoever made thisn decision should be fired.
Outlaw0206
AG
CBS nationally televised game..
Drum5343
AG
Not watching the game... any pictures?
Psych
AG
No bull is man enough.
ABATTBQ87
AG
Quote:

I'm a former student, Letterman, and BQ.
What sport did you letter in? I tried out for the baseball team but Col Haney told me I could do band or baseball, but not both. My handle tells the path I took.
bigtruckguy3500
Psych said:

No bull is man enough.

I'm sure the commandant will show up at some point and provide some reason on why this made sense, mention how he's a veteran, and that this isn't a big deal because his experience and time in the army trumps your opinion. Then he'll invite you to call his office or show up for a meeting to discuss it further.

How many of the other SMCs our service academies show up to games dressed like this? I know I've seen Podunk ROTCs do it, but never anyone at the level of A&M.

mrad85
AG
bigtruckguy3500 said:

Psych said:

No bull is man enough.

I'm sure the commandant will show up at some point and provide some reason on why this made sense, mention how he's a veteran, and that this isn't a big deal because his experience and time in the army trumps your opinion. Then he'll invite you to call his office or show up for a meeting to discuss it further.

How many of the other SMCs our service academies show up to games dressed like this? I know I've seen Podunk ROTCs do it, but never anyone at the level of A&M.

This is what happens when the the Corps of Cadets becomes merely a "student organization" and "leadership training program" rather than ROTC.

I could list the other 1000+ other "student organizations" at TAMU, but I think we all know why all this happens.
Ol Jock 99
AG
The Corps has had D&C cadets for decades. And I'll bet a shiny new nickel it wasn't a civilian that made this call.
mrad85
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

The Corps has had D&C students for decades. And I'll bet a shiny new nickel it wouldn't a civilian that made this call.

Having D&C students doesn't have anything to do with it.
My point was that the Corps of Cadets is not a military organization, it is a student organization at TAMU.
This wasn't the case a few decades ago. I'm sure someone smarter than me knows when this change occurred.
I do agree, we all know who made the call for them to wear, on tv, part of the uniform that we used to get crapped out in on a fairly regular basis as fish.
bigtruckguy3500
Whether or not the bulls will admit it, they know this was a dumb decision.

My concern is with the blackbelts, especially the fish, who will be in leadership in a few years, who will think this is normal.
2004FIGHTINTXAG
Pretty embarrassing. Since when is a sweat shirt with BDU pants a uniform?!

Also, why was the band able to wear a uniform but the rest of Corps had to look rag tag? Made zero sense and lazy, undisciplined.
GarryowenAg
AG
bigtruckguy3500 said:

Psych said:

No bull is man enough.

This is why I've quit donating to the corps. BG Rod's decision making is abhorrent. I will continue to NOT support the corpse until he's gone. And I'd love to hear him pull out some garbage reasoning by describing his army experience, because I'm still serving. GTFO!

Oh, if any of them have enough courage to speak to me about this decision, staff can give them my contact info.
AggieBaseball06
AG
SpiDer09 said:

bigtruckguy3500 said:

Psych said:

No bull is man enough.

This is why I've quit donating to the corps. BG Rod's decision making is abhorrent. I will continue to NOT support the corpse until he's gone. And I'd love to hear him pull out some garbage reasoning by describing his army experience, because I'm still serving. GTFO!

Oh, if any of them have enough courage to speak to me about this decision, staff can give them my contact info.
I feel like we should expect more from a former CT...
CharlieBrown17
AG
ROTC and the corps are separate entities and should be.

Most of what the corps does now and definitely all of what the "old army" people want the corps to be couldn't happen if the corps was an ROTC organization.
Aggie Spirit
AG
Slovenly.
TXAGBQ76
AG
IF you are as concerned as you say you are, what haven't you made an appointment to meet with Gen. Ramirez and his staff? Seems that would make more sense and have more impact than pontificating and bloviating on an Internet forum.
GarryowenAg
AG
I've worked with a few members of his staff in the past and I know they couldn't care less about my thoughts and opinions.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

ROTC and the corps are separate entities and should be.

Most of what the corps does now and definitely all of what the "old army" people want the corps to be couldn't happen if the corps was an ROTC organization.
Always capitalize " Corps " !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DevilD77
AG
Psych said:

I'm a former student, Letterman, and BQ. Whoever decided that the corps shouldn't at least be in khaki should be fired. We had more officers serve in WWII than all of the Military acadamies combined. Current corps leadership (bulls) should Be ashamed of themselves. If you're man enough, PM me so we can talk about it.
Or you can man up and make an appointment to meet with General Ramirez or talk to him on the phone. I've done so several times, including walking up and talking to him in person without an appointment. Guess what, he is more then willing to listen to your concerns.
mrad85
AG
I suggest we all move on to bigger and better things.

I wasn't happy, lots of people weren't happy. General Ramirez has listened to our complaints, addressed the issue and I take him at his word, won't make the same decision again.

RAM700BA
AG
We should break up the corps block while we are at it. They lost their privilege dressing like that.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Quote:

I wasn't happy, lots of people weren't happy. General Ramirez has listened to our complaints, addressed the issue and I take him at his word, won't make the same decision again.
CharlieBrown17
AG
RAM700BA said:

We should break up the corps block while we are at it. They lost their privilege dressing like that.

Umm I think most cadets would be fine if the corps block went the way of the dodo
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.