Marine Corps Boot Camp Photo

1,121 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bufrilla
TXAGEE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone know how, or if it's possible, to get a replacement boot camp photo? I'm talking about the one taken of the recruit with dress blues and white cover.

Most of my USMC memorabilia was kept in a cedar chest at my parents' house, but the house was broken into and the whole chest was taken, with all of its contents. I graduated in '93, so old school film instead of the digital stuff used now.

F thieves!
bufrilla
AG
Check on line for MCRD Platoon Yearbooks, you may be able to down load or copy. They areavaailable on line. I was 1966 and was available.
TXAGEE
AG
bufrilla said:

Check on line for MCRD Platoon Yearbooks, you may be able to down load or copy. They areavaailable on line. I was 1966 and was available.
Thank you. My dad turned the house upside down and found all of my things in a closet that wasn't touched.

I'm watching Ken Burns' Vietnam on Netflix right now and read the thread where many reviewed the documentary, but you gave firsthand reports. I'm so proud and humbled that you, of all people, responded to my question.

Thank you!

bufrilla
AG
Just returned from Reunion of my OCS/TBS class of early 1968. Four of us were close friends then and all 4 to Vietnam as Infantry Platoon Commanders/and later Company Comdrs and it was our first time back together after 48 plus years. All 4 of us survived multiple tours/extentions. Two of us retired and two got out (they were very successful business wise). Out of our OCS platoon of 47, 6 were KIA and many of us WIA, multiple times. Was a good time of remembering, especially with our wives(3 still with the 1st, me-50years same lady).
Glad you found your memories.
Semper Fi
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.