Blue Angels

1,659 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bigtruckguy3500
respite
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am not an Aggie but I am aware of the pride you take in your former students. I am a teacher and have taught a number of young people that went onto A&M and successful careers. I was fortunate to coach one of the McFerrin children and knew Artie.
As you can see this is my first post and I just wanted to bring to your attention that the Blue Angels will be at Ellington AFB south of Houston, 10/20,21. Their flight leader and commanding officer, Eric Doyle, is another student I taught and an A&M former student.
https://www.blueangels.navy.mil/team/officers.asp
Cobra39
Must see.

Cobra39
HtownAg92
AG
I went on Saturday with my son. Low ceiling all day so most of the shows had to be cancelled. We were worried about the Blue Angels show scheduled at 3:00 since they kept announcing that the cloud ceiling was still under 1000 feet. Don't know if it ever got to 1000 but the Blue Angels said "F it" and went on as planned. I'm sure they never want to disappoint a crowd. I heard that they switched to their "low show", which was incredible. The clouds made it pretty cool since the soloists and formations sometimes came out of nowhere.

After the show concluded and pilots and crews recognized, the Aggie War Hymn was blasted over the speakers. No doubt Popeye Doyle's doing.
bigtruckguy3500
And he just promoted to Captain this past week. Also, I got to see him fly yesterday.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.