Saturday Morning Drill

1,712 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by HollywoodBQ
JABQ04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
When and where does the FTAB have drill tommorow? My 6 year old wants to go. Thanks
jbeaman88
AG
Sorry for the late reply. It was on Haney Drill Field at about 8am. If the weather is bad, they will go to the McFerrin indoor practice facility and those are not open to the public.
JABQ04
AG
No problem. We made it at 0800
ABATTBQ87
AG
JABQ04 said:

No problem. We made it at 0800

After watching the halftime drill I have to wonder if the band showed up for Saturday morning drill
JABQ04
AG
I guess I need to rewatch the drill from Saturday. I didn't notice anything out of place. I was surprised to see fish running up to drill late Saturday morning. I guess they don't hit the wall and fall out as a class on Saturday mornings anymore. Also I think something was lost by not wearing drill field uniform anymore. Starching pants and shining boots, and overall attention to detail and uniform care goes along way. I know I know, not my Corps anymore. I'll go back to yelling at kids in my yard or getting excited about my trip to Lowe's tomorrow.
HollywoodBQ
AG
That's cool that you got to take your kid to watch the Aggie Band practice. My kids first exposure to the Corps was watching FDT practice at the end of the quad as we were crossing the street from Heldenfels to walk down towards Dorm 11. Dad, what's wrong with these people? Why do some of them have to run over and yell at a tree? Questions I was unable to answer.

If the FTAB doesn't wear drill field uniform on the drill field, what do they wear? With the changes in military uniforms, obviously glassed out jump boots are ancient history.

The video of Saturday's Drill that I watched on FB was taken from the perspective of my buddy's seats on third deck in "The Zone". I thought the FTAB looked good and sounded good.
bco2003
AG
HollywoodBQ said:

If the FTAB doesn't wear drill field uniform on the drill field, what do they wear?.
Aggie Band PT gear I believe. Drill Field T-shirt, shorts, tennis shoes.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Aggie Band drill in tennis shoes? I'd break my ankle on the first day.
bco2003
AG
Yup. From the band's Facebook.

ABATTBQ87
AG
bco2003
AG
A buddy captured this from Saturday. A little rough

sharpdressedman
ABATTBQ87 said:

Chaos from 0:56 to 1:15 on the video. Worst alignment I have ever seen during a FTAB halftime performance.
HollywoodBQ
AG
sharpdressedman said:

Chaos from 0:56 to 1:15 on the video. Worst alignment I have ever seen during a FTAB halftime performance.
I've seen worse (up close and personal) during the full/real card shuffle drill. Ironically, in real life, I can't shuffle a deck of cards to save my life. Something my "Hollywood Home Game" friends in LA used to relentlessly make fun of me about. And frankly, one of the reasons I don't play more home games locally.

Luckily nobody had cell phone cameras in 1990 and the band performance was overshadowed by the Aggies beating the ever-living hell outta BYU.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.