Where is the Band?

2,109 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by McInnis80
pingpro4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
trgt said:

Seriously I'm sitting right next to them and they've played maybe twice.

Absolutely unacceptable that this is the case. This needs to be addressed Gen. Ramirez.

As a former BQ how can you allow this dumb DJ stuff to take over...

A disappointed former BQ

A-CO '12
armymom
Not sure that the Commandant has any pull over the DJ...12th Man problem.
JABQ04
AG
Tell the Qs to stop playing on their phones waiting in the end zone.
HollywoodBQ
AG
JABQ04 said:

Tell the Qs to stop playing on their phones waiting in the end zone.
In my era, to use a mobile phone they would have had to bring the car it was attached to.
Wildman15
AG
Honestly, I don't understand why there's an issue. I watched the game at home and was able to hear the band on TV constantly.
93Spur
More current and intelligent answer provided below
Warrior 66
I was at the game from beginning to end last night, and I thought the Band played plenty.

As opposed to the days when the entire game was "scripted" when it came to activities that occurred between plays and during timeouts, the Band is relatively unconstrained when it comes to playing now. They must stop playing when the QB takes his position over the center, but thats pretty much it. There is still a "balance" that must be maintained between the Band, the Yell Leaders, and other recognitions that take place during breaks between plays, but overall I thought the Band played a lot last night.

In addition, the Band is "miked up" now, and its LOUD. VERY LOUD. I thought the Band did a great job of playing the iconic songs that they are known for last night, and never felt that they weren't playing enough. And you can definitely hear them play! They definitely play more now than they used to play in the days of the "scripted" game activities - something most people never cared for.

If you don't like the DJ, then you need to address that with the AD. I have absolutely nothing to do with operations at Kyle Field - like the DJ. If you have a problem with the DJ, then I recommend you contact the AD and let them know.

Thanks for your comments. I will have my staff bring this up at the next AD Football Game meeting, held each week. I can't promise anything will change, but I will certainly be sure that your comments are brought up at that meeting.

Thanks for your support of our Corps! Beat the Hell Outta Clemson!
AgLaw02
AG
The most incredible thing about this forum is that any of us can fire off an ornery question, and then frequently get a thoughtful and prompt response straight from the Commandant. What times we live in!
TexasAggie73
AG
I was in section 125 by the band and I remember a number of songs being play by the band.
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

As opposed to the days when the entire game was "scripted" when it came to activities that occurred between plays and during timeouts, the Band is relatively unconstrained when it comes to playing now.
Thank goodness.

It won't ever go back to the days when the whole thing was run by the Drum Majors, Yell Leaders, and C.K. Esten, but it's a start.
Jock 07
AG
So the way I'm reading this is that the band has been challenged to out play the DJ. Give em hell q's
BQ92
AG

The band did play a number of clips, but I do not remember a single time a whole song was played after kick-off. The short clips all ended 30+ seconds before start of play. With the new timer on the field, hopefully this will be adjusted.

Ark03
AG
BQ92 said:

The band did play a number of clips, but I do not remember a single time a whole song was played after kick-off. The short clips all ended 30+ seconds before start of play. With the new timer on the field, hopefully this will be adjusted.

In my time ('99 - '03) we rarely played a full song in the stands. There was just not enough time between plays, and then, like today, we didn't play after the snap. The only time I can recall playing a full song was between quarters, when there was usually a bit more time.
BQ92
AG
Ark03 said:

BQ92 said:

In my time ('99 - '03) we rarely played a full song in the stands. There was just not enough time between plays, and then, like today, we didn't play after the snap. The only time I can recall playing a full song was between quarters, when there was usually a bit more time.
I wasn't referring to the time between plays, although that can make a WORLD of impact on the game. However the 2 - 4 mins for a commercial break does allow for it.
Ark03
AG
BQ92 said:

Ark03 said:

BQ92 said:

I wasn't referring to the time between plays, although that can make a WORLD of impact on the game. However the 2 - 4 mins for a commercial break does allow for it.

Yeah, back then we didn't have that many televised games.
tamc93
AG
Was kind of nice to hear them play more last game... wished they had played even more during the duller part of the game (3rd quarter). The lack of the DJ music was needed.
FJB, FPA, and FAZ
DevilD77
AG
Ditch the microphone on the band or at least turn down the volume.
Rock1982
AG
DevilD77 said:

No.

Band sounded great.
pingpro4
AG
Rock1982 said:

DevilD77 said:

No.

Band sounded great.

band sounded better on TV this week. last week the eco on TV was so bad you couldn't tell what they were playing
Rabid Cougar
AG
oh you heard a band on TV last night.... Clemson's pep band.. the whole freaking night.
HollywoodBQ
AG
I've streamed the last two games over the Internet from WTAW and the Band and crowd noise has sounded great.

Yesterday, I even tuned in early enough to hear The National Anthem. I had my computer speakers cranked and it almost felt like I was at the game.

One funny thing with Dave South's retirement. For many years, I attributed most of the dumb comments I heard on the broadcast to Dave South. This year, it's apparent to me that the majority of those comments were actually made by Dave Elmendorf.
Wildman15
AG
DevilD77 said:

So what would you rather hear instead? The DJ? Random announcements about Baylor Scott and White? More of those animated car races to try to pick the winner?
McInnis80
I did get tired of hearing Clemson's "Hello Kitty" pep band before every Aggie play. I don't know if we have something the FTAB can play that lasts 20 seconds but I would to hear something before the other team snaps the ball.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.