VA Home Loan Lenders

1,472 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Trinity Ag
Iamsocool
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
As the title states, I am interested in selecting a VA home loan lender and had a few questions.

1) Which lender did you go with?
2) What did you like about this lender?
3) What did you dislike about this lender?

I see that Veterans United seems to be one of the most commonly used lenders for VA Loans, and gets high marks. Does anyone have experience with them?

Thanks in advance.
TXAggieMom11
If you are in north Texas I can pass on who we used, we just closed on our second VA loan last month. I am pleased with the rate and how easy they made the process.
clarythedrill
Post this on the Real Estate board and you will get much more traffic and advice.
Aggie12B
AG
My wife and I financed our VA home loan with Veteran's United. The main person we dealt with was Matt McDaniels. He hand-walked us through the process and answered every question we had during the entire home purchasing experience, and also every question we have had since we purchased our home. I wholeheartedly endorse Veterans United for your VA home loan.

Hth
Iamsocool
AG
Thanks for your input everyone, I'll post on the Real Estate board.
Naveronski
AG
Reach out to Steve Bott on here, too. That's who we used.
Jock 07
AG
Hi Matt
Trinity Ag
S
Iamsocool said:

As the title states, I am interested in selecting a VA home loan lender and had a few questions.

1) Which lender did you go with?
2) What did you like about this lender?
3) What did you dislike about this lender?

I see that Veterans United seems to be one of the most commonly used lenders for VA Loans, and gets high marks. Does anyone have experience with them?

Thanks in advance.
Any bank is going to offer a VA loan. Don't assume VA-specific organizations, or "military" credit unions are going to give you a better deal.

The last two houses I bought, I used Lending Tree to compare rates-- and got rates/no points/low closing costs that beat the hell out of most places.

NBKC is our lender -- and they kept the loan to service. They didn't sell it on. We got 2.875% with very low closing, and no points -- on a VA -- in 2016. And they paid most of the Funding Fee. They were 3/4 of a point better than most banks.

You should at least try Lending Tree before committing to a bank, and see how their offer compares to the broader market.

Frankly, I see a mortgage as a commodity -- they are heavily regulated, and there really isn't much "service" they provide.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.