Army Reserve Aviation Warrant?

1,543 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Pirate04
StrykerAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anybody familiar with the process for going to WOCS and flight school in the Reserves? I've been trying to find the most recent information online and haven't found much. Plenty of information for Active and National Guard folks. I was originally thinking about switching back to National Guard and spoke with a Warrant Officer Strength Manager from the TX Army National Guard, but he told me he can't do anything for me until I am in the TXARNG. Unfortunately that means I'd either have to try to get a conditional release from the Reserves or wait until my current contract is up. I'll be 3.5 months shy of 32 by then which would be cutting it REAL close.

The only information I have been able to find on the Reserve side of things is to contact a Reserves WOSM, but the Point of Contact page says it has not been updated since 2016. I plan on giving the office number a call one of these days anyways, as well as asking my career counselor if he can point me in the right direction, but I get the feeling sometimes that these people don't always have the latest or most accurate information themselves.
CT'97
AG
Find a unit you want to go to and call them.
StrykerAg
AG
Yeah I've been trying that too, especially for the purpose of getting letters of recommendation. The closest one to me appears to be fixed wing only though but I'll see what they say.
Fly Army 97
Who are you talking to at TX ARNG? There is an aviation accessions guy - not sure if you are talking about the same dude.
StrykerAg
AG
Email sent. Thanks.
Complaint Investigator
AG
I can try to help you on the TX Guard side. Post an email and I'll try to remember to check back here. Also he's right - you have to join the Guard first and board. You also have to be IN aeromed by 32 last I knew. They also weren't giving out age waivers as of three months ago for the TXARNG
StrykerAg
AG
At the time, all of the information I was seeing and hearing said either 32 by the time you go to the board or 33 by the time you start initial entry flight training, but recently I have been seeing on official websites that you can't be older than 33 by the time you go to the board. If that's true, that gives me a little bit more breathing room, but for now I am going to stick with the Reserves plan until I know for sure.
Pirate04
AG
Current Reserve WO. I went through my Retention NCO at the first unit I was with, who got me in contact with an Officer Accessions NCO. If you're in Texas, there are two units, one in Conroe and one at Hood. You have to be accepted to a slot in order to go to Flight school with the Reserve.

I'll add that there is a Fixed Wing Unit in the Fort Worth area.
StrykerAg
AG
Thanks. I already spoke with someone with the Conroe unit. Good to know what my other options are too.
Pirate04
AG
StrykerAg said:

Thanks. I already spoke with someone with the Conroe unit. Good to know what my other options are too.

Sweet! They are mobilized right now and deploying soon, so I hope you were given good news.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.