Ag needs help

3,344 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by CanyonAg77
JimbosHatBarelyFits
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Staff, can you take down?
CanyonAg77
AG

Wildman15
AG
Not sure what to think about this...but just to be safe...
hillcountryag86
AG
Stopped listening a minute in...
Wildman15
AG
Honestly it's 8 minutes I'll never get back. Was someone washing dishes in the background?! Dude has lost his marbles
HollywoodBQ
AG
That was bizarre. Kind of reminded me of COL Kurtz before CPT Willard made it up the river.

Summary - Dude was relieved of command of C 1/8 Cav.
  • He has been given a crumby job that doesn't accurately reflect his many years of good service, Airborne, Ranger, etc.
  • He believes his phone is being wiretapped because he knows what it sounds like because he has wiretapped other people's phones.
  • And dude appears to be in fear for his life.
I did some Internet investigation. It appears the guy is Class of 2007 from A&M. His audio recording says that he's been an officer for 10+ years so that checks out. I found his former unit's FB page here.

Weird. And probably not the best way to go about vindicating himself from whatever happened that caused him to get relieved of command.
Hey Nav
AG
The OP, Buceesnuggets, posted this on the Outdoors forum:

Quote:

From his wife's Facebook post

Please help! United States Airborne Army Ranger, Captain Jack Gilbert!! #USARMY. He's currently being held at the JBLM Regional Correctional Facility #JBLM. He has been there for 46 days now. He needs your voice as he doesn't have one right now. Jack is facing an Article 32 and UCMJ dishonorable discharge. He is a Combat Veteran with multiple deployments to Afghanistan. He also served in Haiti. Jack has an exceptional 10 year background of service to our Country. Anyone who has served with him or knows him, knows he has gone above and beyond during his time as a Soldier. He has 2 bronze stars, was awarded the Thurman Award for exceptional performance as a Calvary Leader, and has always been ranked in the top 10% by his Chain of Command. Listen to his voice recording and PLEASE HELP HIM! He needs JUSTICE after sacrificing so much to protect to that right for our Country.
So, Capt Gilbert has been in lockup for almost 2 months at Ft Lewis, if this facebook statement is true. There's more to the story.
JABQ04
AG
Must be serious if he's confined already or being held. Hell I was a witness for an article 32 in which a soldier was killed in a training accident through negligence of someone else and that guy wasn't even confined.

Also the use of #usarmy and #jblm annoys me and loses any sense of validity imho.

And Hollywood, should have read your comment referencing apocalypse now because that's exactly how I heard and pictured it. Ha ha
CanyonAg77
AG

CanyonAg77
AG

CanyonAg77
AG

CanyonAg77
AG

JABQ04
AG
Canyon. I looked for it too on the outdoor board and assume it is buried. However I clicked on the OPs name, saw his post history and found it that way.
Hey Nav
AG
Not much more info, but here it is:

https://texags.com/forums/34/topics/2959505
Blue Bell Ag
AG
This is not the place for him to get help. Buccees, I think this plea for help may backfire. Does he know you are doing this?
JimbosHatBarelyFits
AG
No I just know him from growing up. Saw on his Facebook where his wife posted. Maybe it needs to be taken down? I was just trying to help and didn't know where to post. Just saw his wife saying to post it everywhere and make it known
CanyonAg77
AG

HollywoodBQ
AG
As per usual, I agree with Canyon on the wisdom of broadcasting this. These days, once it's out on the Internet, it's pretty much there forever.

Putting 2+2 together, it sounds like the dude got a DWI in December. Got relieved of command as a relatively long in the tooth Captain. At 10 years, he should be looking at promotion to Major. The audio file was recorded in February. That's 4+ months ago, so no telling what's going on now.

Sounds like he definitely needs to see a professional for some counseling. Maybe the VA can help with that once he's out of the military. And without a doubt, he needs to get the best lawyer he can afford. I'm 99% sure that a lawyer would advise he and his wife to delete this audio and delete this thread.

Now if she wanted to start a gofundme for his legal expenses, that might be something for his friends/family to do.

I by no means have as much experience with this as others on this board but, in the late 1990s, I did have an E6 Special Forces stud land in my Battalion Scout Platoon in the National Guard. He was originally from Winters, got a DWI at Ft. Bragg and got booted off Active Duty. Somehow, he managed to join us in Coleman. These days, I would expect the penalties for getting a DWI to be even more severe. And as an Officer, I would think your career is pretty much toast.
Dirk Diggler
AG
I was in 8-1 CAV for 4 years but left in 2016 right before he got there. I have an Aggie classmate who commanded the FSC in the Squadron and their command time should have overlapped. I reached out to him to see if he is tracking anything.
CanyonAg77
AG
Buceesnuggets said:

Staff, can you take down?
I'll tell you that it's a waste of time. The stuff he and his wife have already posted is out on the Internet forever, and we can't change it.

If you really want staff to take it down, email them, don't put it in a thread they will never read.

However, I will scrub my posts, if you think it will help. It appears that the guy has enough problems already.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.