BQ travel plans?

4,172 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by 74OA
aggiejim70
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Where's the FTAB and the smaller band gonna go this year?
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
Warrior 66
We are still trying to finalize plans for the Aggie Band this season.

The Aggie Band will obviously march at halftime of the 7 home football games at Kyle Field this year. The Aggie Band will also travel to the Arkansas game (Arlington), Mississippi State, and Auburn, and will march at halftime of all of those games as well.

We are currently trying to work funding to send a 100 piece travel band (no halftime performance - just playing in the stands) to South Carolina and Alabama. No guarantees yet on those games, but we are currently working to fund a 100 piece travel band to attend those games and play in the stands. If we get the funding to send them, we will. If we don't get the funding, then we won't.

We will post the final schedule once we have final resolution on funding to send a travel band to South Carolina and Alabama.
aggiejim70
AG
Do you have a link for donations?
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
74OA
AG
Commandant79 said:

We are still trying to finalize plans for the Aggie Band this season.

The Aggie Band will obviously march at halftime of the 7 home football games at Kyle Field this year. The Aggie Band will also travel to the Arkansas game (Arlington), Mississippi State, and Auburn, and will march at halftime of all of those games as well.

We are currently trying to work funding to send a 100 piece travel band (no halftime performance - just playing in the stands) to South Carolina and Alabama. No guarantees yet on those games, but we are currently working to fund a 100 piece travel band to attend those games and play in the stands. If we get the funding to send them, we will. If we don't get the funding, then we won't.

We will post the final schedule once we have final resolution on funding to send a travel band to South Carolina and Alabama.
Where is the donation link posted/advertised?
ABATTBQ87
AG
for anyone interested in donating to the Aggie Band Travel Fund:

https://www.txamfoundation.com/give.aspx?c_id=10&d_id=112
aggiejim70
AG
ABATTBQ87 said:

I want to specifically help fund the trips to USC and Bama. Will donating on the link you provided enable me to do so?

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
ABATTBQ87
AG
aggiejim70 said:

ABATTBQ87 said:

I want to specifically help fund the trips to USC and Bama. Will donating on the link you provided enable me to do so?
All money goes into the account and the Commandant and Band Director will use those funds for travel; so yes the funds will be used for travel but no for specific games.
momlaw
AG
Thanks for the clarification Commandant.
momlaw
ABATTBQ87
AG

I have been in direct contact with the Texas A&M Foundation and they are the ones that set up the online account for us and they're the ones that provide information that I share here.
Warrior 66
I have had discussions with both Travis Dabney at the 12th Man Foundation and Scott Woodward at the Athletic Department about this matter. Both are in full support of having a part of the Aggie Band at away games where the entire Aggie Band doesn't march.

I will verify tomorrow that the link listed by ABATTBQ87 is indeed correct and post on here. Matt Jennings is not involved in this matter at all.

More to follow when I verify the link.

Thanks for your support! We really want to send a travel band to South Carolina and Alabama! Your support will help!
Warrior 66
I have verified with my Development Team and the 12th man Foundation today that the link provided by ABATTBQ87 is the correct link to send funds to help support sending a 100 piece Travel Band from the Aggie Band to the South Carolina and Alabama games.

We greatly appreciate your help in supporting sending a part of the Aggie Band to those 2 games. We are working hard to find a long term solution to this matter, so that we can send the entire Aggie Band or a 100 piece Travel Band to every football game from now on. I will keep you posted as we continue to work this effort.

Thanks again for your support of the Aggie Band! We greatly appreciate it!
ABATTBQ87
AG
per Tim Rhea, Director of the Aggie Band, $250,000 will cover expenses to South Carolina and Alabama.
aggiejim70
AG
Gen. R. and '87 thank you for your replies and dedication to this matter. I will do what I can to help out. Looks like
we've come a long way from the day bus trips to Rice and TCU during my time in the FTAB. General, we had a discussion on this matter about this time last year. I'm very happy that this business of sending the smaller band has been resolved by sending members of the FTAB. I agree that a long term funding solution needs to be "worked out". There's gotta be a better way than passing the hat every July.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
ABATTBQ87
AG
Back from the TABA meeting and here is what I can report:

Aggie Band Travel Fund currently holds $2 Million, and we need to get this number up to $10 Million

2) Aggie Band donations/giving are still @ SWC/Big 12 levels

3) Funds from the AFS, 12th Man and Athletic department will cover the cost of $400K to send the full Aggie Band to Auburn this year

4) It will cost $250K to send 100 members of the Aggie Band to SC & Alabama

All road game travel is covered for 2018, so the focus is to increase funding for 2019 and beyond.
74OA
AG
Needs to be posted over on the high traffic pages here, too.

Also, did they talk about any sort of marketing campaign to get more visibility for this effort besides an obscure link buried on a webpage? For example, push it out to the A&M Clubs and the student body? Maybe make it a Chancellor's appeal to the BMAs?
ABATTBQ87
AG
74OA said:

Needs to be posted over on the high traffic pages here, too.

Also, did they talk about any sort of marketing campaign to get more visibility for this effort besides an obscure link buried on a webpage? For example, push it out to the A&M Clubs and the student body? Maybe make it a Chancellor's appeal to the BMAs?

Yes we did it is imperative that the communication between the TABA and its members improves by getting more involvement from former band members; we need representatives in DFW, Waco, Austin, San Antonio, Houston, East Texas, El Paso the Panhandle, etc to help communicate with local A&M clubs.
BMA's have been key contributors to the building of the new music center at A&M, so we need to focus on contributions from the average former student in friends of Texas A&M
74OA
AG
Why doesn't TABA, Foundation and Association reach out directly to all the Clubs and Former Students via an online mass drive? Cut out the middlemen.....
ABATTBQ87
AG
74OA said:

Why doesn't TABA, Foundation and Association reach out directly to all the Clubs and Former Students via an online mass drive? Cut out the middlemen.....

Area coordinators will also assist with the planning/communication of our 125th anniversary/reunion of the Aggie band for the fall of 2019
AgsinGA
AG
Here is my suggestion from the premium board to get the band to all of the games, this year and beyond.

Quote:

Quote:

Can you please explain how in the world the band can't fund the entire season? Given the hundreds of thousands dollars given through the 12th Man Season ticket donations, Association of Former Student funds, the corporate matches of funds etc and the endowments for the band, I and I am sure others don't understand this. As a multi year season ticket holder, who donates every year, seeing the annual donation at halftime, there seems to be a gap.
Back from the TABA meeting and here is what I can report:

Aggie Band Travel Fund currently holds $2 Million, and we need to get this number up to $10 Million
2) Aggie Band donations/giving are still @ SWC/Big 12 levels

3) Funds from the AFS, 12th Man and Athletic department will cover the cost of $400K to send the full Aggie Band to Auburn this year

4) It will cost $250K to send 100 members of the Aggie Band to SC & Alabama

All road game travel is covered for 2018, so the focus is to increase funding for 2019 and beyond.
Thank you for the response. I appreciate the candor.

I think the Band needs to layout the needs in very specific terms. We need X for the full band to go to games, we need Y to send 100 members to the remaining games and we need Z for the Travel fund endowment. Based on your information, we need an additional $150K for the SC and Alabama game by X date to have the full band at the game. Set the targets now and make it a grass roots campaign. Build the target for 2019 and beyond NOW!.

I truly believe a full campaign on this target would be an easy sell and would guarantee that this happens. If you really want to make it happen, place graphics for each away game for the next 5 years, the targeted full travel game 10 year and the target on the endowment. Place these on the Association front page, the 12th Man Foundation front page, the Foundation site and on TexAgs.com.

Let's make this happen and get this done set up in the next week or so and meet the goal by the end of the year.

We all want to see the band at the games and we know it makes a difference. We paid for the coach, let's get the rest of the plan together to get this program to the top, NOW.
Warrior 66
As an update to this year's travel plans for the Aggie Band, we have the funds now to send a 100 piece travel Band to both Alabama and South Carolina. So to recap plans for the Aggie Band this season:

The entire Aggie Band will march at all 7 home games

The entire Aggie Band will also march at the Arkansas game in Arlington (along with a Corps March-in that morning in Ft Worth, assuming an afternoon or evening game), and the Mississippi State game in Starkville

An upperclass Band (no fish) will march at the Auburn game

A 100 piece travel Band - white belts only - will travel to the Alabama game and the South Carolina game and play in the stands only (just like they did last year for Florida and Ol' Miss)

Bottom line: the Aggie Band will be represented at every game this season, just as they were last season

We are still trying to find a long term solution to funding the Aggie Band to be present at every game - either to march at halftime or to play in the stand only - as described by ABATTBQ87 earlier in this thread. We will keep you posted as this develops.

Thanks for your support of our Corps! Gig 'em! And Beat the Hell Outta Northwestern State!
Hey Nav
AG
Outstanding.

Especially glad to hear the FTAB will have a presence at Alabama and South Carolina.
Quito
AG
Outstanding! Really nice job getting this done...big props to Commandant!

If the Arky game is 11 kick, there will be no parade? Will Corps still attend the game?
Warrior 66
If kick-off is an afternoon (usually ~2:30) or evening kickoff, the Corps WILL march-in to downtown Ft Worth at 9 am that morning, and the entire Corps will attend the game, thanks to the support of our former students. If the Arkansas game starts at 11 am (like last year), there will be NO march-in, due to time constraints. However, the entire Corps will still attend the game.

We will post updates as we get closer to the date of the game and we learn kickoff time. Reminders about donating to send a cadet to the game for $50 will also continue to go out on our social media sites over the next several weeks. With the generous support of our former students and friends of the Corps, we hope that the entire Corps will be able to attend the game this year, just as in previous years.

Thanks for your support of our Corps! And Beat the HELL Outta Northwestern State!
74OA
AG
For home games, is the Corps done marching into Kyle Field and will only be marching the campus circuit on gameday from now on?

I don't mind either way, just asking.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.