Band Question...

2,967 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by JABQ04
AGGies0311
How long do you want to ignore this user?

At the 6:19 mark what song are they playing?
Rabid Cougar
AG
It is an old English hymn... still working on the name.
bdriggs
AG
Cathedral Chorus by Alfred Reed most likely arranged by Dr. Rhea.
ABATTBQ87
AG
bdriggs said:

Cathedral Chorus by Alfred Reed most likely arranged by Dr. Rhea.
That's it: you can hear Brewer making the announcement in the background
AGGies0311
Thank you TexAgs
The Kraken
AG
Cathedral Chorus is played WAY too much. Not sure why but it seems like it's played several times every game.
ABATTBQ87
AG
New World Ag said:

Cathedral Chorus is played WAY too much. Not sure why but it seems like it's played several times every game.
I've noticed that the band has started playing new tunes while the big 3: Patton, Green Berets and Johnny are being phased out
Wildman15
AG
ABATTBQ87 said:

New World Ag said:

I've noticed that the band has started playing new tunes while the big 3: Patton, Green Berets and Johnny are being phased out
They're not being phased out. The band is just growing it's catalog. Especially with the recent change of the band being given little 15-30 second spurts of music to play during the games.
AgFlags74
AG
And with a little luck and a LOT of common sense, the A&M Gameday Experience team will STOP the screechingly over amplified and unheeded blasts of so-called music between plays and during timeouts. Let the Aggie Band play more often. If I want to be tortured by electronic "music" I'd go to an NFL or NBA arena. Enough with that crap at Kyle Field and Reed Arena!!! Please!
AgFlags74 - College Station TX
CanyonAg77
AG
Another question....current BQs, are you still playing the Civil War Medley arranged by Haney?

If so, does it currently include Dixie or are they using Bonnie Blue Flag?

We started with Dixie, but in about 1976, someone complained, so it was swapped with BBF.
ABATTBQ87
AG
Blue Gray/Civil War Medley with Dixie; 1984 TCU drill (4 winds drill)

CanyonAg77
AG
Glad to see it went back after my time. Wonder about now.
Rabid Cougar
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

Another question....current BQs, are you still playing the Civil War Medley arranged by Haney?

If so, does it currently include Dixie or are they using Bonnie Blue Flag?

We started with Dixie, but in about 1976, someone complained, so it was swapped with BBF.
Playing the Bonnie Blue Flag instead of Dixie is kind of like flying the Texas flag and the First National flag when speaking of the ACW. The vast majority of people have no clue.
musicman55
AG
FWIW, the outdoor recording on the drill field we did of Civil War Medley we did in '76 included both "Dixie" and BBF....
Cjmclean17
AG
As of 2 years ago, we did not play the Civil War Medley. It was in the music folder, but we were never responsible for learning it
Wildman15
AG
Cjmclean17 said:

As of 2 years ago, we did not play the Civil War Medley. It was in the music folder, but we were never responsible for learning it
Definitely wasn't around "back in my day"
JABQ04
AG
Never played 2000-2004
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.