Female mascot corporal

9,737 Views | 63 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Rabid Cougar
2004FIGHTINTXAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CT'97 said:

2004FIGHTINTXAG said:

ABATTBQ87 said:

Another first, Rose Marshall '19 B-1 assumes command of the PMC.

PMC died a long time ago due to politics.
PMC changed because they couldn't stop breaking laws.

Agree. They did it to themselves.
sharpdressedman
Damn, this is a very disappointing thread. I'm not saying any of the negative assertions are false, just that the overall tenor is disturbing.

Regarding the Mascot Corporal, the linked article states she is on a Marine Corps contract, and that carries a lot of credibility with me. Moreover, her parents were highly complimentary of her treatment by everyone in E-2. Based on the article, I am fine with her selection and I wish her the best of all good things. I will look forward to seeing her with Rev at the first football game. Congratulations, Cadet Mascot Corporal Miller!
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
CT'97 said:

Montgomery Burns said:

I'm curious what the selection process is like these days. I have no doubt a female could earn this position, but honestly...I could see it as a political move too.
I'm curious when has the selection of the mascot corporal not been political?

I know when i was there 5 years ago, it was completely left to the outfit to decide.
clarythedrill
Champ Bailey said:

Pro Sandy said:

Because women?

Why are women being in outfits bad? The military has integrated just about everything. Even submarines have women on board now.

The corps isn't the military. The university has made it very clear that it is a student led leadership organization. It actually lost the last Commandant over this change. Half the students in it don't go into the military after. If students in it feel that they benefit more from an all male experience, all female experience, or a mix, then they should be able to.
Then why is this crap on the military board?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
CT'97
AG
Champ Bailey said:

CT'97 said:

Montgomery Burns said:

I'm curious what the selection process is like these days. I have no doubt a female could earn this position, but honestly...I could see it as a political move too.

I know when i was there 5 years ago, it was completely left to the outfit to decide.
And you are going to tell me that wasn't a political decision?
Montgomery Burns
AG
CT'97 said:

Champ Bailey said:

CT'97 said:

Montgomery Burns said:

And you are going to tell me that wasn't a political decision?

I think you might be getting too liberal with your definition of "political". I think what people mean by a "political" decision is not picking the most qualified or deserving person, but selecting someone else for outside reasons.

I don't think the selection has always been political, and if it has, it is definitely more political now than then.
Rice and Fries
God Bless the Corps and the way she used to be.

AMC12
AG
Pretty good timing by PMC.

https://www.facebook.com/tamucommandant/posts/1623634757674411

http://kdhnews.com/fort_hood_herald/across_the_fort/horse-cavalry-detachment-changes-command/article_151b50fc-f65b-11e3-80e9-0017a43b2370.html
CanyonAg77
AG
snowmnag970 said:

God Bless the Corps and the way she used to be.
When was that?

Living in tents? Hazing so bad, they moved the fish off of the main campus?
Hincemm
AG
HollywoodBQ said:

In fact, Texas A&M and Virginia Tech are probably the only programs where the athletes aren't also members of the Cadet Corps. One funny aside I learned from a VMI buddy I went to the Armor School with - they hate athletes because they always sham their way out of any Corps games to go do some athletic activity. We didn't have this problem at A&M because having NCAA athletes in the Corps was extremely rare.
your story resonated with me on a couple of points. the first is that my old man is class of 68 VMI and was a jock. it definitely seemed like he got special treatment!

it also reminded me of the expression i heard when i was choosing the institution to which i would matriculate...keeping in mind that it was the first VMI class that was allowing women.

"VMI is admitting women! What's next, UVA is admitting men?!"
Ham Slice MRE
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Joe was a kinder, gentler CT.
2004FIGHTINTXAG
Well this thread made it over to the politics board. One question over there that hasn't been answered:

Was this selection the same as previous years? Was the selection E2 internal or was there Trigon influence?
HollywoodBQ
AG
Hincemm said:

"VMI is admitting women! What's next, UVA is admitting men?!"
That was hilarious.

Looks like I'll have to go over to the Politics Board thread for the rest of my entertainment.
Federale01
AG
I have never understood why Reveille became the exclusive purview of E2 anyway. I think a lot of the upset E2 fighters should be happy she is still in the company and not passed around as a reward for the best grades or recruiting effort. The E2 guys in the other thread who were bragging about how great the outfit used to be dont Acknowledge E2 has a huge recruiting advantage because of the mascot and the chance to become mascot corporal. If you take that a way, not much separates it from other strong Regiment outfits like H1 of C2.
Montgomery Burns
AG
Federale01 said:

I have never understood why Reveille became the exclusive purview of E2 anyway. I think a lot of the upset E2 fighters should be happy she is still in the company and not passed around as a reward for the best grades or recruiting effort. The E2 guys in the other thread who were bragging about how great the outfit used to be dont Acknowledge E2 has a huge recruiting advantage because of the mascot and the chance to become mascot corporal. If you take that a way, not much separates it from other strong Regiment outfits like H1 of C2.

Let's not forget she originally belonged to the BQs, and she was allowed to roam free at halftime. The story is a commandant got tired of people placing bets for what hardline she would poop on.
ABATTBQ87
AG
Montgomery Burns said:

Federale01 said:

Let's not forget she originally belonged to the BQs, and she was allowed to roam free at halftime. The story is a commandant got tired of people placing bets for what hardline she would poop on.
The Corps re-organized after the 1958-59 school year and E-2 emerged with Reveille in the 1960 Aggieland

Montgomery Burns
AG
ABATTBQ87 said:

Montgomery Burns said:

Federale01 said:

The Corps re-organized after the 1958-59 school year and E-2 emerged with Reveille in the 1960 Aggieland

I like the poop story better.
AGGies0311
The new mascot corporal is on a Marine ROTC scholarship, has a 300 PFT score, and can do 20 dead hang pull ups.... Seems like that makes her more than qualified enough to walk a dog around.....
Montgomery Burns
AG
AGGies0311 said:

The new mascot corporal is on a Marine ROTC scholarship, has a 300 PFT score, and can do 20 dead hang pull ups.... Seems like that makes her more than qualified enough to walk a dog around.....

It's not about being qualified. Of course she's qualified. It's hard to NOT be qualified.

The question is if the selection process has become overly political. Which is a perfectly fair question.
AGGies0311
Two of the top three candidates were female...... in the end who really cares.. Our university will get a lot of good publicity about this as well.. Win win, its a win for equality and a win for our public image.
Montgomery Burns
AG
AGGies0311 said:

Two of the top three candidates were female...... in the end who really cares.. Our university will get a lot of good publicity about this as well.. Win win, its a win for equality and a win for our public image.

IF the reason she was selected was because she's female then a lot of people care. I'm sure every male who competed and did not win cares. I'm sure all their families care. I'm sure all the old cadets care. I'm sure every cadet in the Corps who was expecting to be chosen for any position based on merit (and now sees that may not be the case) cares. If YOU don't care that's fine. But other people do.

Also, it is absolutely NOT a win for equality if she was picked based on gender. That's a win for sexism.
AGGies0311
She wasn't picked because of gender.... actually you're the sexist one who thinks anytime a female gets a position that it's part of some agenda.... in your bigoted brain you can only see a male walking the dog.
Montgomery Burns
AG
AGGies0311 said:

She wasn't picked because of gender.... actually you're the sexist one who thinks anytime a female gets a position that it's part of some agenda.... in your bigoted brain you can only see a male walking the dog.
You do not know if she was/wasn't. I have qualified all of my statements with "IF" she was picked because of her gender. I do not know if she was or was not, and I have said as much. But she COULD have been, and the Corps has done this in the past with negative outcomes for cadets (see 1SG of E2 last year).

But by all means, flame away.
AGGies0311
Link 1SG of E-2 thread please
Ol Jock 99
AG
AGGies0311 said:

Link 1SG of E-2 thread please

They brought in an out-of-outfit cadet to be their 1SG. She didn't last the year. The end.
rebel06
AG
https://texags.com/forums/63/topics/2833635/2#discussion
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
AGGies0311 said:

Jokes on them. Next Rev will be a male.
Rabid Cougar
AG
HollywoodBQ said:

One funny aside I learned from a VMI buddy I went to the Armor School with - they hate athletes because they always sham their way out of any Corps games to go do some athletic activity. We didn't have this problem at A&M because having NCAA athletes in the Corps was extremely rare.
Big Foot are more prevalent than a NCAA scholarship athlete/CT. It's too hard for them. To much structure. Well it used to be anyway. Was not scholarship but it did get you out of a butt load of formations.
Rabid Cougar
AG
Good for her.

Lived up stairs from E-2 for four years and was good friends and had several classes with the handler piss head year. She is/was without question the number one chick magnet on campus. He certainly benefited from it.

The first question that came to mind when I saw this was.... " so will there still be lots of non-reg females falling all over each other to sit by the dog in class???"

There is a social experiment waiting to happen.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.