Campbell Apache Accident

2,962 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ApachePilot
Pirate04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jimmy wasn't an Aggie but he was my friend. We learned to fly helicopters together as members of Stingray Flight at Rucker flying the mighty TH-67 only one year ago. He was one of the good guys, a former Marine, a genuine friend, and a great pilot. The only way I know to honor him is in typical Aggie fashion, Here.
https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2018/04/08/army-ids-2-soldiers-killed-in-apache-helicopter-crash/
Warrior 66
Terrible news. Just another stark reminder of just how dangerous the military profession is. Always sad to lose a fellow service member in a tragic accident like this. May God bless them and their families.

And like you, I too will say: HERE....
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
HERE
Outlaw0206
AG
Here. Pirate, I'm currently up at Campbell flying 60s. The entire Brigade is mourning their loss. We are less than 3 weeks from sending our aircraft down to port for our upcoming deployment. Makes it that much tougher to swallow. They always said in flight school you will one day lose someone you know in the avaiation community. I can't imagine it being a fellow pilot that just got to the unit with some of his battles still finish up flight school.
Pirate04
AG
So many of my buddies are there. No one can really prepare you for the first one, and certainly not this soon.
Pirate04
AG
Thank y'all for your kind words.
Hey Nav
AG
Godspeed to these men. Their service to the defense of our nation is the ultimate sacrifice. Condolences on the loss of your friend, Pirate. Here.
Aggie12B
AG
Sorry for the loss of your friend, Pirate.
I have a good friend who is an Apache pilot; these things always hit him hard.
Dawg6
AG
Here.
Combat arms are filled with great killing machines but they can be indiscriminate in who they kill.
sharpdressedman
Pirate04 said:

Thank y'all for your kind words.
Thank you for your service.

I have been around this site for a long time, and I remember enjoying your colorful history (intended as a compliment) prior to your enlisting and your anxieties about going into the Army and later going to flight school. I am delighted that you have found success in the service and, I'm pretty confident, in other aspects of your life as well.

I am very sorry for the loss of these airmen and, particularly for the grief you bear having been close to one of them. May your successes continues and all your flights be safe.
lcraggie
AG
Here, sorry for the loss of your friend. It is never easy to get this type of news.
Rangers Lead the Way, NSDQ

A2Aggie60
AG
Here

Out
The Main Thing is to keep The Main Thing The Main Thing
TowGun93
AG
Semper Fidelis.

Here.
ApachePilot
AG
Here
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.