Benny Hilburn '65 Navy Pilot in Vietnam

1,812 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Mr.Short-termMemory
momlaw
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nice story about an Aggie's service in the military, for the public, in his community.
momlaw
CanyonAg77
AG
Nice article. Also a great insight into a Now-declassified Corner of the Vietnam War. I certainly had never heard about it before.
Martin Cash
AG
The author of the article, Todd Blomerth, is FTAB Class of '72 and a retired district judge. He wrote a series of articles about Caldwell County veterans that he has published in a book.

Todd wrote an equally fascinating story about Benny's brother in law, Rodney Griffith, FTAB Class of '62 I think, who was one of the first Air Force pilots trained on helicopters, who rescued down pilots in Viet Nam. North Vietnam had a price on his head when he left VN.
aggiejim70
AG
BQ75 said:

The author of the article, Todd Blomerth, is FTAB Class of '72 and a retired district judge. He wrote a series of articles about Caldwell County veterans that he has published in a book.

Todd wrote an equally fascinating story about Benny's brother in law, Rodney Griffith, FTAB Class of '62 I think, who was one of the first Air Force pilots trained on helicopters, who rescued down pilots in Viet Nam. North Vietnam had a price on his head when he left VN.
It's nice to see that fightin' fish Blomerth put the advice and guidance we gave him to good use.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
Mr.Short-termMemory
AG
Rodney Griffith was FTAB Class of '61.
Mr.Short-termMemory
AG
Here's another article by Todd Blomerth, this time about Ken Doran, FTAB '72.

http://toddshistory.com/?p=726
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.